PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I Hope this goes on the dressing room wall next season
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I Hope this goes on the dressing room wall next season  (Read 5743 times)

david sneddon

« on: June 26, 2008, 11:08:26 PM »

Fron the official site:
The website reports its first sighting of the summer of the "No disrespect" phenomenon applied to Altrincham. It comes on the Droylsden Forum, where former Witton defender Liam Brownhill, who has joined the Bloods in preference to Altrincham writes in his own unaltered words... "i just want to put your minds at piece, i have decided to join droylsden because when i met the manager there ambitions met mine!! i wanted to play for a team that is going to be chasing promotion next season and playing exciting football which suits my style of play!! the people who do no me,will no that i do have ambitions!!people who are saying that this move may be wrong,well only time will tell but for now this is the right move for me!!! i am totally behind my decision to join droylsden and so are my family!! outher intrests where from altrincham,but i spoke with people and had a long thought about it,but they signed a left bk days before i spoke to them,now for me to be carrying my england career on i need to be playing week in week out and i have a better chance at droylsden!! altrincham are a team that is going to struggle next seaon as already proven with no disrespect there and i new that there style of play would not suite the way i play! my srtongest postion is right bk but i was moved to left bk and i gelled there!!".

I'll be smiling to myself as altrincham  have thier best season for years next term.Why the hell does he think so many "established players" are joining altrincham this summer!? Viva La red revolution!

What a walking PR disaster this kid really is  :D :D :D

Alty365

Re: I Hope this goes on the dressing room wall next season
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 11:12:44 PM »

The kid can't even write a coherant sentence, let alone make an important decision for himself. With everything I read about him I become more and more pleased that he didn't sign for us!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 11:14:51 PM »

put mind at peace or mind in to pieces ?

Roman

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 11:27:26 PM »

Lets be fair its been along time since altrincham played good football, as for established players actually how many of them have played for a team last season that wasnt struggling against relegation and proved that they are good enough at that level to progress altrincham to new heights...i would like to see this happen as altrincham is a big name in non league but being the only non full time team in the division it will be more difficult than ever unfortunately...but until their is an influx of money into the club this is how it will stay....to have serious claims of staving off relegation altrincham need to be full time, but if they can keep staying in the league for now by whatever means possible this gives them the chance to turn full time and aim for progression in the BSP!!

If a club needs a statement like liams putting on the wall in the dressing room to perform they need to be looking at theirselves and wondering what is wrong

as i local lad id like to see altrincham back where they belong and unfortunately as my namesake in russia i am not as affluent otherwise i would make a vast cash injection into the club but for now i'll just have to keep playing the saturday yankee as my contribution to the clause

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 11:30:28 PM »

Lets be fair its been along time since altrincham played good football, as for established players actually how many of them have played for a team last season that wasnt struggling against relegation and proved that they are good enough at that level to progress altrincham to new heights...i would like to see this happen as altrincham is a big name in non league but being the only non full time team in the division it will be more difficult than ever unfortunately...but until their is an influx of money into the club this is how it will stay....to have serious claims of staving off relegation altrincham need to be full time, but if they can keep staying in the league for now by whatever means possible this gives them the chance to turn full time and aim for progression in the BSP!!

If a club needs a statement like liams putting on the wall in the dressing room to perform they need to be looking at theirselves and wondering what is wrong

as i local lad id like to see altrincham back where they belong and unfortunately as my namesake in russia i am not as affluent otherwise i would make a vast cash injection into the club but for now i'll just have to keep playing the saturday yankee as my contribution to the clause

maybe your russian name should be arshavin  only joking roman

Alty365

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 11:33:36 PM »

i'll just have to keep playing the saturday yankee as my contribution to the clause

Are you really that thick or are you just doing it on purpose?

Roman

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 11:43:08 PM »

i am just really that thick haha i did notice the spelling mistake after i had sent the post howver Alty365 thanks for pointing this out for me...are you an english teacher by any chance?

Alty365

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 11:45:12 PM »

i am just really that thick haha i did notice the spelling mistake after i had sent the post howver Alty365 thanks for pointing this out for me...are you an english teacher by any chance?

I wish! Could do with the 6 weeks holiday!  ;)

Longman

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 11:48:19 PM »

I think you'll find there are several other part time teams in the BSP, one of which - Histon, finished in the top half last year.

I am absolutely dumbfounded that Brownhill thinks Droylsden is a better 'career choice' than Alty, I really am!  Why does he keep referring to this 'style of play' issue??  It seems to me someone has led and advised him in the direction of Droylsden.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 11:50:45 PM »

Liam Brownhill has made his decision

I for one suspect that it's the wrong one but we all make mistakes in life and more particularly with regard to our work scenario.

It portrays the Alty support in a very bad light when we make personal attacks on an individual (not related to his performance on the field of play) just because he has chosen to join another Club.

This is the territory occupied by supporters of lesser clubs than ours in my view.

The decision has been made - it may well come back to bite him on the arse

Alty365

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 11:51:32 PM »

I think we would have played some pretty attractive attacking football in the same dogsh*t league Droylsden will be playing in next season. I don't see what he's proving by setting his sights so low. Not to worry though, we've got a great player in Doughty.  :)

Alty365

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 11:58:02 PM »

just because he has chosen to join another Club.

From a personal point of view, it is not merely based on the fact he decided to move elsewhere.

He used Alty while it suited him to get him out of his contract and then followed the money when he realised he was a free agent. He also gave us his word he'd be coming here and then did exactly the opposite.

Not what we want at Alty, simple as.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2008, 12:22:16 AM »

Well, either way, you know, whatever it is, signing onfee/lack of ambition/genuine feeling that he may get noticed more at Droylsden whatever it's up to him. It's a terrible decison. I mean that with no malice, it just is. Perhaps had we gone down and Droylsden stayed up then it would be believable. But that didn't happen.

He's made his decison and the stupid T**t will just have to suffer by it. I couldn't care less, either way I presume he'l pick up an okay wage which will help towards his mortgage. However, he isn't what we need. Sorry, he isn't.

Footballers at this level in this day and age are poorly advised and unaware of what's best for them, not the first, won't be the last.

Roman

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2008, 12:30:20 AM »

ballers to call him a stupid T**t is well out of order and you cannot judge his decision maybe when his career is over you can look back and if it goes pear shaped you can make this comment however should this lead to bigger and better things then its a choice well...

I dont know how old you are, or what your financial status is or what job you have but i suspect everything didnt go without a hitch for you to get where you are today and some wrong and right decisions made by you...

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2008, 12:36:07 AM »

No malice intended...perhaps I should have said dozy T**t.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team