PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Messege from Liam Brownhill
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Messege from Liam Brownhill  (Read 22630 times)

Roman

Re: Messege from Liam Brownhill
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2008, 12:05:41 AM »

also lets just look at it for the last 4 seasons alti have finished in a relegation place but managed to stay up due to other reasons, so they are not an attractive option and as a close friend of Liams i can also tell you that Alti offered him more than droylsden on a weekly wage so the fact you believe this is for money has no substance.

you talk about people being a few sarnies short of a picnic only time will tell on where is decision will take him but that is his decision to make and you should not judge him on his decision afterall he doesnt slate you for supporting alti...

oh and Hash you should be careful who you call a cock after all they may know more about you than you know about them...so you no longer live on hilcroft rd do you not...haha

Roman

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2008, 12:07:08 AM »

I look forward to us drawing Droylsden in a cup match and Brownhill being run ragged by Chris Denham......

you look forward to that but as it will be long ball alti will be playing the only players denham will be attacking will be the centre backs of droylsden

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2008, 12:18:58 AM »

I look forward to us drawing Droylsden in a cup match and Brownhill being run ragged by Chris Denham......

you look forward to that but as it will be long ball alti will be playing the only players denham will be attacking will be the centre backs of droylsden

Right, you've convinced me.

I'm not bothering to purchase another Alty season ticket but instead will be heading off to Droylsden to watch the 'total football' that Dave Pace's team will be regaling the masses with.

You'll be telling us next that after a few months of fame with Droylsden, Brownhill will be marrying one of Girls Aloud.... 
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Roman

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2008, 12:52:09 AM »

i take it you haven't seen his current GF then haha

Narcissist

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2008, 07:58:26 AM »

Youre making yourself laugh a lot more than anyone else.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2008, 08:01:32 AM »

also lets just look at it for the last 4 seasons alti have finished in a relegation place but managed to stay up due to other reasons, so they are not an attractive option

Er you do know that Droylsden actually finished in the relegation zone don't you, bottom in fact as well as losing to Alty twice.

In fact they finished 17 points adrift of Altrincham...17 (seventeen).

Someone somewhere is a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic and someone somewhere is very badly advised.

markecky

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2008, 09:04:36 AM »

Local lad in slating Alty (with a y for f**ks sake) shocker.

Anyway yesterdays news now. we have Matt Doughty who has done it as this level for years.  Would have been nice to have a "local lad comes good" story and see Liam progress

Can't see their being much progression now as he will be known as that lad who could have played in the conference but went for the wedge of a signng on fee and cushy number at Droyslden.

Onwards and upwards.

Longman

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2008, 09:08:08 AM »

Stop having a pop at Alti.

markecky

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2008, 09:11:49 AM »

And Aldi....

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2008, 09:44:10 AM »

also lets just look at it for the last 4 seasons alti have finished in a relegation place but managed to stay up due to other reasons, so they are not an attractive option and as a close friend of Liams i can also tell you that Alti offered him more than droylsden on a weekly wage so the fact you believe this is for money has no substance.

you talk about people being a few sarnies short of a picnic only time will tell on where is decision will take him but that is his decision to make and you should not judge him on his decision afterall he doesnt slate you for supporting alti...

oh and Hash you should be careful who you call a cock after all they may know more about you than you know about them...so you no longer live on hilcroft rd do you not...haha

Right Roman.................time to cut the cr*p and let's all be honest with each other :-

Your close friend has the right to play for whoever he wants and I think it is fair to say that this 'thread' originally started as a result of us Altrincham supporters being dissappointed to lose out on the services of Liam.

Whether or not Droylsden is a 'better' team than Altrincham is of course subjective. I personally believe Altrincham is currently a better team; they play in a higher division and the last two meetings between the side resulted in 2 deserved wins for Altrincham.

By the way they have not finished in the relegation places 4 seasons running either

You mention money not being the incentive. You also mention his wages would be more at Altrincham than Droylsden. Can you ask if any 'signing on' fees were involved, and if any, was there a big or a small difference, or has Liam joined Droylsden only because he is free to leave to join a league club and wants to play for a winning team (at the highest level).
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Narcissist

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2008, 10:11:27 AM »

All this winning team stuff is bizarre!

I presume that Liam only expects to stay at Bloods for one season? Otherwise he risks promotion to the dreaded BSP where he will not be part of a world beating defence that he requires to make himself look good.

I cant imagine a signing on fee was involved if he could just float off to Bury on a free in September. This mystery get out clause is rubbish.

Longman

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2008, 10:36:30 AM »

He has been offered more wedge and chosen that over playing for his hometown club at a higher standard in front of significantly bigger crowds and better players.*

* May not be 100% true.

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2008, 10:46:24 AM »

hey roman so you no me good for you, feel free to make your self known to me (Usually on sale taxi rank in a red taxi) and since i havent a clue who you are and dont really give a dam becareful who you have a go at because you sound like a disgrace
FFS

The Fan

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2008, 11:00:22 AM »

This is the 43rd post on a guy who has decided to sign for Droylsden. Who cares? I wasn't heading off to JJB to get "Brownhill - 3" put on an Alty shirt anytime soon.

Let's move on.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2008, 11:15:44 AM »

This is the 43rd post on a guy who has decided to sign for Droylsden. Who cares? I wasn't heading off to JJB to get "Brownhill - 3" put on an Alty shirt anytime soon.

Let's move on.

i agree all will be fogotten if we sign anyone else with a decent reputation and centre half more  of a priority.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Messege from Liam Brownhill