PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Messege from Liam Brownhill
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Messege from Liam Brownhill  (Read 22629 times)

bigcol

Re: Messege from Liam Brownhill
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 07:02:01 PM »

Yep. Time to move on from this one - it won't be the last transfer target we do or don't get this summer.  Wish the lad luck - he may wish to become a Robin further down the line and we shouldn't alienate him.

Roman

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2008, 07:04:25 PM »

how you can sit on here and slate someone for making a decision on his own career baffles me, Matt Doughty was touted as a left back and all you lot do is say how he will make a good left back and you dont need Liam talk about contradicting, and slating his message which no doubt was sent via a text message to Jacko...he joined Droylsden because he was offered first team football and to be fair most of this season droylsden and altrincham may be in different leagues but for the majority of that it will probably be no more than 10 places on the other hand...and a high possibility they will trade places next season (should no one go bankrupt)

Liam is at an important time in his career and first and foremost in his decision was regular football at a winning level at the highest level possible all this offered by droylsden...he doesnt have to think about home many fans are watching him but what he believes is best for his career as it is only short and his main ambition is to get back in to league football and he dooesnt want to be held at ransom should this opportunity come round like he was at witton...which is another reason he joined droylsden as he got a very beneficial clause to leave the club for free should a league club come for him one which alti wouldnt put in.

its ok saying shouldnt he want to defend against the best attackers in non league...but when your not playing as part of the best defence it is not the best platform to showcase your talents...

im sure alti will be ok without Liam just as in seasons past since the famous Chrissy Adams left haha (he once was from the brow, he's left the poko now) finishing top of the bottom 4 and staying up by default...if i was you lot i would spend more time trying to find suitors to help fund the club and get it back to its former glory and get back to pushing for conference tiltles again rather than spending your time on here slatting players who dont want to join you...

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 07:33:02 PM »

Thanks for that Roman. I haven't laughed so much in ages.

To go to Droylsden is laughable, so much so that I can't really be bothered about it.

The only thing I will say on the matter is this.

You want to play in a winning team? Fine, what happens when you're not actually winning or you're having a bad patch? Are you going to try and do something about it, drive on and influence the game and change things? For me the answer to what Liam Bronhill would do lies in the winning Witton team he played in last year. Fine while the going was good but bottled it as sonn as it came to the crunch. I couldn't quite work out why that was. Now with players like Liam Brownhill I see why.

Good luck to the kid if that's what he wants. I personally will be laughing at him for the rest of his life.

p.s.

I'm not fooled by his excuses either altho as far as reasons for not joining Alty go, the fact that we already have an established conference left back/midfielder is one we haven't heard for a few years.

markecky

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 07:56:56 PM »

"which is another reason he joined droylsden as he got a very beneficial clause to leave the club for free should a league club come for him one which alti wouldnt put in"

What a strange clause.  Awful business and I'm glad we don't do such things.

I'd also love to know how he knows who will be a winning team next year before the season kicks off.  Does he have a non winning clause for his release as well.

Do you happen to know what % of his signing on fee his agent got?  Damn sure I know who he would have wanted him to join.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 08:26:19 PM »

I thought he would be a good player for us as he was good enough for England C but obviously he prefers a payday.
I don't blame him - there's a commercial element in everything nowadays -  but if he REALLY wanted to get back into League Football, surely signing for us was the right move?
Sadly it looks like both he and his advisers/friends are a couple of sarnies short of a picnic.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2008, 08:55:28 PM »

to roman to the greatest respect that you are friends with brownhill but did you really have to insult chris adams and oldfield brow on this web site they are part and parcel of altrincham football club and im disgusted that you laugh at the place i was brought up and laugh about a guy i grew up with please becareful who or what you insult because you are sounding like a enormous cock
FFS

Narcissist

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2008, 09:15:39 PM »

how you can sit on here and slate someone for making a decision on his own career baffles me, Matt Doughty was touted as a left back and all you lot do is say how he will make a good left back and you dont need Liam talk about contradicting, and slating his message which no doubt was sent via a text message to Jacko...he joined Droylsden because he was offered first team football and to be fair most of this season droylsden and altrincham may be in different leagues but for the majority of that it will probably be no more than 10 places on the other hand...and a high possibility they will trade places next season (should no one go bankrupt)

Liam is at an important time in his career and first and foremost in his decision was regular football at a winning level at the highest level possible all this offered by droylsden...he doesnt have to think about home many fans are watching him but what he believes is best for his career as it is only short and his main ambition is to get back in to league football and he dooesnt want to be held at ransom should this opportunity come round like he was at witton...which is another reason he joined droylsden as he got a very beneficial clause to leave the club for free should a league club come for him one which alti wouldnt put in.

its ok saying shouldnt he want to defend against the best attackers in non league...but when your not playing as part of the best defence it is not the best platform to showcase your talents...

im sure alti will be ok without Liam just as in seasons past since the famous Chrissy Adams left haha (he once was from the brow, he's left the poko now) finishing top of the bottom 4 and staying up by default...if i was you lot i would spend more time trying to find suitors to help fund the club and get it back to its former glory and get back to pushing for conference tiltles again rather than spending your time on here slatting players who dont want to join you...

There's so much wrong with this its untrue.

Just for starters, slating 'Chrissy Adams' is not on!

Anyway, one thing you did almost get right is that 'alti' will be ok without Liam Brownhill. Shotton did ok in not the best defence last season, probably the best young defender in the league (not my words,or anyone from tv quick). If Liam rates himself as highly as you do we'd stand a chance of being one of the better defences in the league.

Its not just about the crowds either. Next season Liam will showcase his talents fighting for a play-off spot with Hyde, Stalybridge, Blyth and Solihull Moors. He could have been looking good against Wrexham, York, Torquay, Oxford, Camebridge and two massive derby games with Vics. You might be right because ive heard that a good performance against Alfreton is a good indicator of a football league worthy defender.  Oh yeah, he would have been on setanta a few times as well, in fact all his decisive attacking play would be shown every time we scored. Im really glad you posted your diatribe because now I am 110% sure we're better off without him!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008, 09:59:12 PM »

Don't be too hard the kid is clearly not the brightest looking at his forwarded post earlier. I thought Alty schools were supposed to be among the best, poor fella missed a few days then?

I actually believe this is likely to be the problem, a clearly talented footballer but not the sharpest, advised by an other without his best interests at heart.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2008, 10:04:56 PM »

Don't be too hard the kid is clearly not the brightest looking at his forwarded post earlier. I thought Alty schools were supposed to be among the best, poor fella missed a few days then?

I actually believe this is likely to be the problem, a clearly talented footballer but not the sharpest, advised by an other without his best interests at heart.

Welly road and green lane werent great until fairly recently nor was bth ,all improved  now though .As for the grammars .

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2008, 10:38:29 PM »

Yes ok Timps but not the point really.

The guy is clearly a gimp, good at football no doubt but nothing else upstairs.

Shame really.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2008, 11:00:40 PM »

Reading Droylsden's forum earlier today I noticed they'd signed that ex United lad Roche as well as Cavell Coo.......in my book they're both full-backs aren't they? Hope it doesn't mean there'll be competition for places!!!!!!!!!!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2008, 11:16:14 PM »

He gave up this 

http://www.bloods.fotopic.net/p48317037.html

For this   

http://www.bloods.fotopic.net/p49793330.html

I don't blame him at all if it was for the £££ - but 'first team football and a successful team' - I smell the country air....

Pictorial evidence that Liam Daish's tactical mentor is Foz!!! :o

Jenga

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2008, 11:33:02 PM »

Reading Droylsden's forum earlier today I noticed they'd signed that ex United lad Roche as well as Cavell Coo.......in my book they're both full-backs aren't they? Hope it doesn't mean there'll be competition for places!!!!!!!!!!

This is so they can play attacking football lol.

Have to say i gave liam the benefit of the doubt to start with but the more and more i think about it the more bafled  i am by his decision.

We have said before alty is about players who want to be proud to wear the shirt and want to win and play at the highest level possible, it would seem that liam doesn't fit he bill - not playing at the highest level possible not proud or prepared to fight for the shirt - he could have been another sedgemore - lucky escape if you ask me.

Roman

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2008, 11:54:05 PM »

all you narrow minded people on here are too busy slatting people that you assume i was slatting chrissy adams and the brow now firstly i am from the brow and secondly i am very good friends with Chrissy Adams and have been for a number of years...there was no slatting of any you just assume you like to slate people

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2008, 11:57:43 PM »

I look forward to us drawing Droylsden in a cup match and Brownhill being run ragged by Chris Denham......
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Messege from Liam Brownhill