PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Messege from Liam Brownhill
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Messege from Liam Brownhill  (Read 22627 times)

Jacko

« on: June 25, 2008, 03:47:35 PM »

liam has asked me to put this messege on here,

i have signed 4 droylsden but this is nufing to do with money!! i signed because i wanted to be part of a winning team nxt season and chaseing 4 promotion!!also i wanted to be part of a team that is going to play exciteing football to suite my style of football.altrincham is my local club also a hugh club with a massive fans babsis!! they signed a left bk couple of days be4 i was due to sign, now i need to be playing week in week out not chaseing for my spot if im after retaining my england c postion!! the decision i made was a huge decision in my career now if i have made any mistakes time can only tell!! i wish altrincham all the best for the forth cuming season in the b.s.p!!!! liam brownhill

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Messege from Liam Brownhill
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 04:00:05 PM »

i for one wish him luck and respect his decision
most of that message only makes sense though if he really doesnt have faith in his own ability. what sort of sportsman deliberately plays at a lower level if its not for the money? if he had faith in his own ability why would competition for his place worry hm?
this is a big year for the club and we cant afford players who arent up to it, so it sounds like a good decision all round

Narcissist

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 04:30:49 PM »

Most of that message only makes sense if you read it through the eyes a 14 year old sending a 'txt' message.

To be honest, it sounds like he wants an easier ride to me. Surely a defender would love the challenge of having to defend against the best and help alty play attacking football????

Liam, you will love the style of play in the BSN, its more or less identical to the cultured brazilian attacking experience you've gained in the Unibond the past few seasons. And Dave Pace isn't exactly tactician of the year, but i'm sure he'll have his new squad playing sexy football at home to Workington in front of 267.

A prima donna already, at his age, demanding 1st team football. He's taken the easy option and i'm dissapointed, yet bizarrely relieved he didnt come to us having read that.

joe

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 04:52:46 PM »

We don't need players that aren't prepared to fight for the jersey so it's probably not a bad thing he's gone elsewhere.

Alty365

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 05:14:01 PM »

A better player would have relished the challenge of playing in a higher league whilst facing competition for his place. He has taken the easy ride and shown that he is not the kind of player we want at Alty.

I'm sure he will come to regret his decision after a few months of playing in front of crowds of 250 and maybe not being part of the omnipotent all-conquering force that he thinks he's joined. Clearly he's not the most intelligent lad in the world, but that really is not our problem.

As I've said previously, we've signed Matt Doughty and our priority in recruiting players now lies in the centre of defence, not left-back anymore. 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 05:26:04 PM by Alty365 »

david sneddon

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 05:14:23 PM »

liam has asked me to put this messege on here,

i have signed 4 droylsden but this is nufing to do with money!! i signed because i wanted to be part of a winning team nxt season and chaseing 4 promotion!!also i wanted to be part of a team that is going to play exciteing football to suite my style of football.altrincham is my local club also a hugh club with a massive fans babsis!! they signed a left bk couple of days be4 i was due to sign, now i need to be playing week in week out not chaseing for my spot if im after retaining my england c postion!! the decision i made was a huge decision in my career now if i have made any mistakes time can only tell!! i wish altrincham all the best for the forth cuming season in the b.s.p!!!! liam brownhill

A few  questions, did you not stop to think the Matt Doughty would be playing left mid with you at left back overlapping him? If droylsden are so exciting and going to be challenging for promotion then how come their two best players have joined Altrincham and Burton Albion?
You say its not about the money, well if so,Do you honestly think Paul Fairlcough will look twice at a player thats prancing around in some pub league against the likes of vauxhall motors when he was given the chance to test himself week in,week out at the highest level you can play at when representing the England C squad that hasnt stood up to the challenge? It will obviously look to him like you dont fancy it, either that or you dont think your up to it.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 05:21:06 PM »

......."nuffing to do with money"..................my arse !

If he was offered a deal at Altrincham, then the club will know what that was. They will also probably be aware of any counter deal offered by Droylsden and therefore be aware of the differential. Who knows, one day we may find out the details.

As said by others, a player not prepared to fight for his place is not what is needed anyway.........maybe he should have joined a North West Counties side that plays winning football and will be chasing promotion and where he is assured a start every week.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 06:20:49 PM »

good luck to him , wants first team footy , as for the money , will never know

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 06:36:28 PM »

He gave up this 

http://www.bloods.fotopic.net/p48317037.html

For this   

http://www.bloods.fotopic.net/p49793330.html

I don't blame him at all if it was for the £££ - but 'first team football and a successful team' - I smell the country air....

Longman

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 06:37:22 PM »

good luck to him , wants first team footy , as for the money , will never know

I think the point is that he WOULD HAVE GOT FIRST TEAM FOOTBALL, Matt Doughty is obviously predominantly a left sided midfielder!  I personally think that he is using Doughty's signing as an excuse, he is clearly a highly capable footballer and he can't expect there to be no other left sided defender at the club!!

He has clearly been offered more money by Droyslden and that is more important to him than playing at a higher level and in front of thousands at the likes of Oxford and Wrexham etc!

Maybe he'll realise his mistake when he runs out to a crowd of 300 on a Tuesday night at the Butchers Arms.

Jenga

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 06:40:13 PM »

OMG why do Alty fans always exaggerate - 300 LMAO learn to count - 250 MAX !!!  hehehehe  ;D

Longman

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 06:41:26 PM »

Have'nt Droylsden signed alot of Witton players?  Does anyone think there might be an element of 'following his mates' in his decision??

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 06:46:06 PM »

im sure doughty is a left back firstly

The Fan

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 06:52:42 PM »

Maybe there is better schoolng in the Droylsden area for adult English lessons.

Ah well, not going to lose any sleep over it.

altyf

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 06:58:26 PM »

If that is his attitude, exactly the type of player Alty don't need.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team