Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brownhill's back from holiday, since the weekend just gone, I believe, ...
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Brownhill's back from holiday, since the weekend just gone, I believe, ...  (Read 8110 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk

Of course its better to be with Droylsden, there 200 fans and the away support of the BSN.

Would you be rather top of the class that can only get a C or bottom of a class thats capable of getting an A... ?

.. Oh I know what I mean..

The Fan

As it's not official, I will reserve bashing him for greed but, let's be frank, a left back isn't going to drastically dictate our season. With Matt Doughty signed, I don't see what the fuss is all about.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Let me just clarify what I said before.

It seems to me that there has been nothing official about his destination yet and the only ones who have come on here with any 'information' are new posters who could be anyone.

More to the point, they may just be malicious - or have agendas of their own aimed at demonstrating how easily the opinions of the forum can seem to change and swaying him to sign for clubs they support.

There has been no credible confirmation of his signing by anyone as far as I know and so until this happens, I think it ill behoves any of us to start slagging him off, calling him greedy etc until we know the situation.

Playing Devil's advocate, even if he signed for Pace, for example, he would still be stepping up a league in both playing and money terms so he might still se it as a good deal - and, more to the point perhaps.  in his comfort zone. Plus the fact that if he can be picked playing in the Unibond, how much better are his chances in the BSN against 'lesser' defences than the BSP.

The bottom line is it's all speculation and I wouldn't wish to put the lad off coming here (if he still might) by giving him a hard time on the forum.*

Let's wait and see.

*There's plenty of time for that if he signs for someone else!  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Red n White

With Half of last seasons Witton team already at Droylsden, it wouldn't be a great surprise if he did end up there! Looking on the Witton forum the fans are not happy to say the least! They are in crisis the chairman, the manager (twice), the secretary and most of the players have walked out! Looks like they only have 3 or 4 players who have actually commited and will stay next year. They seem to be blaming their ex manager for everything suggesting he is the one helping players leave the club! Sounds a bit like sour grapes  non league players do tend to play for a manager and follow them from club to club.

If Brownhill is holiday again surely we will have to wait another week or 2 before hearing his destination?

Jenga

Playing devils advocate.

We will struggle next season that is for sure, but with the players we have I think a mid table place may be acheiveable with other clubs not cutting their cloth.

Droylsden will be in a lower league and so potentially could play more attacking football against lower quality opposition. However who will they play this attacking football with? They have lost their best players I would expect already.

But if he has not signed for them and it is rumours then people need to be careful what they say and I agree with SW here.

Lets hope we still have a chance for him, as at the end of the day WE ALL want him at Alty there is no disputing that.

Narcissist

Droylsden will be in a lower league and so potentially could play more attacking football against lower quality opposition. However who will they play this attacking football with? They have lost their best players I would expect already.

You expect correctly, their best player was lost to us!!! GET IN!

Trying to be positive here, you are correct and its not fair to make too much judgement on the lad, but we all know who we would choose.

Why has Jacko suddenly gone silent? He was giving us regular updates until this bombshell, hopefully he'll clear matters one way or the other in the next day or so.

Jacko

im in the same boat mate, he's gone holiday and now this ??? very confused tbh, watch this space

markecky

Ambtion - a cherished desire, a strong drive for success...unfortunately for a player like liam this would not be achieved signing for alti playing long ball and playing on the back foot all season long where as at droylsden he will be part of an attacking team who play football....

you can only look back at Liams career at the end of it and if his desire for success if he made the right decision this time round...which on a personal level having seen Alti play numerous times i believe this is a correct move and will be a prosperous one in working towards his future goals

Liam last played in the 2-1 win against wales at St James Park, in recent games Paul Fairclough took players from the conference who were over 23 and was put on stand by for the squad

You are either him or a member of his family....so cut the "seen Alti a few times" take.

I fail to see whats ambitious about Droyslden other than the signing on fees they pay to convince players to go there.

He would have been a decent signing for us but you'll not hear much of him now.  He joined the "used to be good" brigade there.

Enjoy Alfreton.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

No Alty fan or knowledgable person would write" Alti" especially a local.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Ambtion - a cherished desire, a strong drive for success...unfortunately for a player like liam this would not be achieved signing for alti playing long ball and playing on the back foot all season long where as at droylsden he will be part of an attacking team who play football....

you can only look back at Liams career at the end of it and if his desire for success if he made the right decision this time round...which on a personal level having seen Alti play numerous times i believe this is a correct move and will be a prosperous one in working towards his future goals

Liam last played in the 2-1 win against wales at St James Park, in recent games Paul Fairclough took players from the conference who were over 23 and was put on stand by for the squad

Clearly written by his pr agent  Anita Goforadump  ;D ;D
@AltyDaz

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

any sportsman worth anything wants to play at the highest level possible. anyone without that drive is not needed.

bigcol

Look this thread is doing my tits in and is why so-called bigger clubs mock us.

Colin Little has repeatedly turned down the chance to play at bigger clubs - what does that make him?

If the lad doesn't want to join us it is for his own reasons. Move on, await news of next signing please.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Look this thread is doing my tits in and is why so-called bigger clubs mock us.

Colin Little has repeatedly turned down the chance to play at bigger clubs - what does that make him?

If the lad doesn't want to join us it is for his own reasons. Move on, await news of next signing please.

Colin Little has been there and done that though. He's won promotion with Crewe, played at Wembley, he's now in his mid 30s. That's quite different. He's also turned down clubs in the BSN as well.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brownhill's back from holiday, since the weekend just gone, I believe, ...