Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brownhill's back from holiday, since the weekend just gone, I believe, ...
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Brownhill's back from holiday, since the weekend just gone, I believe, ...  (Read 8108 times)

Longman

Can someone at the club confirm whether this is true or not???

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Can someone at the club confirm whether this is true or not???

It's not really the clubs place to do this is it...........I dont' think the club has ever said they have officially signed him or attempted to sign him...I might be wrong, but everything I have seen on the official site so far has been media comments from the Northwich Guardian and the NL Paper etc.
The only thing the club can do, is wait until 'others' claim to have signed him before they comment
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

joe

We've already signed Matt Doughty who is very good left back

What better than Peyton!

I thought Doughty was more of a left sided midfielder who could play left back.

Doughty is a left back who can also play  left midfield

chris_faz

I hardly call playing for a team who will be relegated next season being ambitious! Pacey wants to build something again and is trying to sign some young up and coming talent. And the idea of official news is that it is official! A member of the board or a club official posts all official news and not jus a fan wishing to make rumours.

Butty

Looking at some of our signings, you may be eating your words. I think, ayway, it is more ambitious to be playing for a team in the BSP, getting relegated or not, than the BSN.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile

if doughty is a left back no real panic

altyf

Is this really true though because Droylsden have signed Cavell Coo ( :o   :D ) aswell??

david sneddon

If he really has joined droylsden then hes a mug, gone for a big fat signing on fee rather than thinking about his career. Droyslden are an east manchster pub outfit with champagne money.They can give out signing on fees yet cant find a temp groundsman? I'll leave you with this little gem from the droyslden website,

"With great regret all of our friendlies are away this season due to Tony our groundsman being in hospital."

Enjoy the "highlife" Liam.  :D

Nonleaguer

Just out of interest when recently did Liam play for the England 'C' squad?

Roman

Ambtion - a cherished desire, a strong drive for success...unfortunately for a player like liam this would not be achieved signing for alti playing long ball and playing on the back foot all season long where as at droylsden he will be part of an attacking team who play football....

you can only look back at Liams career at the end of it and if his desire for success if he made the right decision this time round...which on a personal level having seen Alti play numerous times i believe this is a correct move and will be a prosperous one in working towards his future goals

Liam last played in the 2-1 win against wales at St James Park, in recent games Paul Fairclough took players from the conference who were over 23 and was put on stand by for the squad

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Ambtion - a cherished desire, a strong drive for success...unfortunately for a player like liam this would not be achieved signing for alti playing long ball and playing on the back foot all season long where as at droylsden he will be part of an attacking team who play football....

you can only look back at Liams career at the end of it and if his desire for success if he made the right decision this time round...which on a personal level having seen Alti play numerous times i believe this is a correct move and will be a prosperous one in working towards his future goals

Liam last played in the 2-1 win against wales at St James Park, in recent games Paul Fairclough took players from the conference who were over 23 and was put on stand by for the squad

think this post means its happened .

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I'd rather wait for Mr Laidlar rather than the new-posting, trolling wind-up merchants.
And so should the rest of you before you bite.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty365

It's funny how the "attacking team who play football" lost twice last season to the team "playing long ball and playing on the back foot"!

The one and only reason to sign for Droylsden rather than Alty would be the money. Every other factor would work in our favour: Better crowds, playing in a better league, tv coverage, better chances of exposure leading to a more regular place in the England C squad, not having to play against the likes of Vauxhall, Alfreton and Solihull....

I needn't go on!

If he has signed for Droylsden it is based on pure greeed and is absolutely one of the thickest decisions I have ever heard of. If money is what makes this lad tick I'm delighted he's not coming to Alty because we don't want parasites like that here.

Matt Doughty will do very nicely thank you!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Agree with Saughall lets see when a real official line comes out. Slagging Brownhill on here could be an issue if the bloke hasn't actually committed yet. Lets not alienate someone who could be useful.

As for Droylsden/Pacey.........just wondering how much he will want to chuck around now. He's had a stab at BSP football and it didn't come off, does he really feel he can go again and fund it? Most businessmen understand risk, even in football. He doesn't seem to be the fund it then leg it type. See Jeff King at Chelmsford via poor old Canvey Island for one of those.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Longman

You are either an idiot..............or an idiot.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brownhill's back from holiday, since the weekend just gone, I believe, ...