PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Saturday team
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Saturday team  (Read 4505 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Saturday team
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 08:18:08 PM »

I'll put the cat amongst the pigeons and go with this;

Coburn

Densmore.               Havern.                Leather               Griffin

Richman.                    Rodgers

Lawrie                  Moult                  Clee

Walshaw

4 2 3 1 is all the rage in the Premier league so we may as well give it a go!

I actually quite like the look of that !

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 06:38:29 AM »

Changing things around and trying things is fair enough, however, we've won just 5 of our last 15 league fixtures. Two of those being complete mismatches against Stalybridge. The decent Christmas fixtures and broken fixture list due to the weather have managed to mask this somewhat. The last convincing victory we had against a reasonable side was against tomorrow's visitors BPA. I think we need to steady things and play the 4-4-2 with those best suited to it.And hopefully glean 12 points or so from the next 5 games. 9 minimum from Workington and Oxford and hopefully beat BPA and colwyn bay at home, neither of which will be easy. We are hopefully working around the clock to find a baller to put in midfield. We are patient supporters and apart from moaning on here (which is what its for and hardly matters) and the odd post match murmur, there's been very little pressure put on. I just hope the manager realises what missing out again would mean to the supporters, crowds have held up fantastically since our fall from the conference but they are now starting to tail off, and Tuesday night was completely flat.I said elsewhere we need a spark to reignite what has been apart from the first ten or so games where we managed runs of 4 and then 3 wins on the trot a very frustrating season.Clubs with far less capability than ourselves have mounted runs of 5,6 and 7 wins on the trot, this is what we need right now, because cup exits against Trafford and leek coupled with failure to challenge in the league would be unacceptable with what we've had at our disposal this term...

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 06:57:39 AM »

Even though it would ruin my weekend, i almost hope that Saturday is called off.
We can't play any sort of football unless the pitch is in perfect condition and the temperature is over 15 degrees centigrade with bright sunshine. This won't be the case tomorrow. If we made football a summer sport, we'd be a league club by now!!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2014, 08:25:37 AM »

Need to get a few wins together over ther next few games draws not going to do,

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2014, 09:32:04 AM »

I agree with Dennis that this season has been unacceptable with our current crop of players.

Time is fast running out in which to salvage it
Full time and proud of it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2014, 10:48:53 AM »

Sadly I can't make it tomorrow but I would go with DR & JW up front . I do have a worry that LS will revert back to Kyle plus 1 again.

I would also start with Lawrie and Redman in place of Mwasile and Wilkinson.

Its the last chance saloon now, no more pissing about, its all about 3 points starting tomorrow and then we need to go on a sustained run.

Cmon LS do your job and put some heart and belief back into the team, which will then cascade down to the fans.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2014, 02:53:15 PM »

Even though it would ruin my weekend, i almost hope that Saturday is called off.
We can't play any sort of football unless the pitch is in perfect condition and the temperature is over 15 degrees centigrade with bright sunshine. This won't be the case tomorrow. If we made football a summer sport, we'd be a league club by now!!
agreed, its time for a winter break
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Saturday team