News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport County enquiry.

Author Topic: Stockport County enquiry.  (Read 2723 times)

DAB @ ALTY

« on: February 11, 2011, 02:31:03 PM »

I am not sure whether this has been discussed on the forum before
but a mate of mine who is a season ticket holder at County was asking
if Alty have played Stockport's first team in a competitive match,if so
when & what was the score.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stockport County enquiry.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 02:35:10 PM »

Yep.

Dec 26th 2011

Altrincham 2 (Williams, Reeves) Stockport County 0.

Att: 4,116

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 02:37:14 PM »

I must nip into the bookies today!!

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 02:56:38 PM »

Nice one Ballers!!!!!

roytonmike

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 04:08:05 PM »

I am not sure whether this has been discussed on the forum before but a mate of mine who is a season ticket holder at County was asking
if Alty have played Stockport's first team in a competitive match,if so when & what was the score.
The serious answer is no - or rather not yet; Ballers may well of course have been granted a vision of the future!

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 12:07:58 AM »

I am not sure whether this has been discussed on the forum before but a mate of mine who is a season ticket holder at County was asking
if Alty have played Stockport's first team in a competitive match,if so when & what was the score.
The serious answer is no - or rather not yet; Ballers may well of course have been granted a vision of the future!
Mike this may be one for Cult, SW or Brian.   I am sure I remember heading to Edgeley Park sometime back in the mid to late '70s to see Alty play Stockport in the Cheshire Senior Cup I think.   I reckon it was after '75 because my first Alty away was Halifax in the Cup that year.   As I recall Alty won 1-0 with a Mickey Brooke goal.     Pretty sure Stockport put out most of their senior team that day.  Is my mind playing tricks or am I anywhere close with this memory?!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 01:31:30 AM »

Mike this may be one for Cult, SW or Brian.   I am sure I remember heading to Edgeley Park sometime back in the mid to late '70s to see Alty play Stockport in the Cheshire Senior Cup I think.   I reckon it was after '75 because my first Alty away was Halifax in the Cup that year.   As I recall Alty won 1-0 with a Mickey Brooke goal.     Pretty sure Stockport put out most of their senior team that day.  Is my mind playing tricks or am I anywhere close with this memory?!

I think that you are pretty much on the money there USA, although I am fairly certain it was Stockport reserves.

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 02:02:28 AM »

I think that you are pretty much on the money there USA, although I am fairly certain it was Stockport reserves.
Ah,the reserves!  Okay Brian thanks.   At least I got about half the memory correct!!  I'll take that these days!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 10:27:22 AM »

Mike this may be one for Cult, SW or Brian.   I am sure I remember heading to Edgeley Park sometime back in the mid to late '70s to see Alty play Stockport in the Cheshire Senior Cup I think.   I reckon it was after '75 because my first Alty away was Halifax in the Cup that year.   As I recall Alty won 1-0 with a Mickey Brooke goal.     Pretty sure Stockport put out most of their senior team that day.  Is my mind playing tricks or am I anywhere close with this memory?!

Ah,the reserves!  Okay Brian thanks.   At least I got about half the memory correct!!  I'll take that these days!

I thought that it may have been John Hughes that scored the goal, but there was a thread on this game quite recently & you are correct that it was Mickey Brooke.

Between the two of us, we have it covered!

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 10:43:30 AM »

My only visit to Edgely Park to watch our first team was in 1973 when having depsatched Stocport Reerves and Chester Reserves at Moss lane we travelled to Stockport in the semis to lose to a Dave Mobley own goal in ezxtra time.

I think there is a slight chanve we may haev playd Stocport 1st team in the CSC in the first decade of last century - by which I mean they may have played their 1st team in the CSC when just a league club or during the one season they fel out of the league in 1904-05.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 03:45:03 PM »

Here's a link to the previous thread which covered that Stockport County v Alty CSC tie from 1976:

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=11743.msg131404#msg131404

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team