PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Marlon Broomes
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Marlon Broomes  (Read 5416 times)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Marlon Broomes
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 12:26:51 PM »

Personally I would like to see two completely new Centre Backs next season plus a few others (we dont want to be worrying about Marlon's fitness problems come the end of August or we will end up back where we started this year)

Have to agree.
I'm not convinced that Broomes is actually good enough to warrant gambling on his suspect fitness next season.
Since he joined Alty circa 9th January 2012, he has only started eight matches and in two of those he didn't make it beyond half-time.

You may be right Cult, however if he did a full pre-season and proved his fitness would you then waver?

A bit of de ja vue going on here, remember we all wanted new centre halfs last season and ended up with a teletubby and a pensioner.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 02:56:33 PM »

Whilst I agree Marlon brought a bit of stability and much needed nous to the defence once you reach 30 hamstrings do not improve.
I am afraid he is too much of a gamble.
Start again.

Ascot Alty

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2012, 03:47:17 PM »

I doubt money is the issue for Marlon. And he seems to like playing for us. I think he wants to play at the highest level possible given his circumstances, i'd guess BSN/BSP is that level.

He might not be penned in as a first team regular due to injuries so we might need some backup but considering how awful we are defensively I think we would be daft to let his experience go. Its not just having him on the pitch for games but also in training and on the bench to come on and steady things up.

bumble

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2012, 03:53:59 PM »

I doubt money is the issue for Marlon. And he seems to like playing for us. I think he wants to play at the highest level possible given his circumstances, i'd guess BSN/BSP is that level.

He might not be penned in as a first team regular due to injuries so we might need some backup but considering how awful we are defensively I think we would be daft to let his experience go. Its not just having him on the pitch for games but also in training and on the bench to come on and steady things up.

Pay as you play deal?
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Marlon Broomes