News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ryan crowther

Author Topic: Ryan crowther  (Read 2816 times)

Jimmy

Ryan crowther
« on: January 18, 2015, 12:26:17 PM »

Ineffective on the left within 5 minutes on the right set up a goal half an hour later scored to add to clee also improved vastly when he went to the left for 30 minutes I thought they had a good right back I didn't at the end

Shimpa

Re: Ryan crowther
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 12:43:19 PM »

In my opinion we are much more effective with clee on the left and crowther on the right. I'd love to see a formation with Lawrie in the middle of them  :)

Jimmy

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 12:47:14 PM »

I'd fear having all 3 may leave us short in midfield

eightiesrobin

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 12:47:23 PM »

Ineffective on the left within 5 minutes on the right set up a goal half an hour later scored to add to clee also improved vastly when he went to the left for 30 minutes I thought they had a good right back I didn't at the end

I totally agree, and it's been said before. I really don't get why LS keeps starting him on the left, when all the evidence points to him being a right-sided player. It's also a waste of Nicky Clee.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 01:05:14 PM »

agree.

Crowthers best game to date
Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 02:40:05 PM »

Current formation is working.  Clee on the left and Ryan on the right works, I think both often run into trouble cutting inside. The balance is much better on their natural side. Ryan is awful for the majority of games but then can have little moments which creates havoc,  the games he's not up for it I'd replace him with Lawrie as the wide right but defo need to keep the three centre mids! They are all closing down tremendously with plenty of energy and Mr Moult breaks up so many opposition attacks. We have four decent mids for those three spots so that's really good. Full backs at the moment must be the best in the league!

markecky

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 03:40:29 PM »

Clee said in the interview he likes playing on the right and I think Crowther prefers it on the left so this could be influencing the managers thinking.  However from what I have seen they are both wrong and it works much better the other way!

Great that we can swop though as Jim says, when one or both aren't getting much joy.

https://soundcloud.com/radio-robins/nicky-clee-after-the-4-1-victory-over-chester-on-new-years-day-2015

« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 03:49:20 PM by markecky »

eightiesrobin

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 04:42:43 PM »

Fair enough, but I think it's miles better the other way round.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 04:49:00 PM »

I like to see them chop and change. I remember a very long time ago Peter Barnes and Denis Tueart used to swap sides during Manchester City games to give the full backs something extra to think about.

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 05:49:46 PM »

Clee said in the interview he likes playing on the right and I think Crowther prefers it on the left so this could be influencing the managers thinking.  However from what I have seen they are both wrong and it works much better the other way!

Great that we can swop though as Jim says, when one or both aren't getting much joy.

https://soundcloud.com/radio-robins/nicky-clee-after-the-4-1-victory-over-chester-on-new-years-day-2015

What you like/prefer is not necessarily the best usage of your skills base. Other way round for me every time !
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ryan crowther