PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What a game !
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: What a game !  (Read 9157 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
What a game !
« on: January 01, 2015, 05:16:56 PM »

90 minutes of high tempo great result and some brilliant goals well done lads
ParkINson's red and white army

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Re: What a game !
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 05:27:52 PM »

And another goal of the season contender, well done Nicky m.o.m

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 05:28:22 PM »

Densmore ate his wheetabix today, jesus that lad was like a steam train and put decent balls in too. Well done boys but that was something else by Dens!

eightiesrobin

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 05:47:42 PM »

Yes, very entertaining indeed. It was a joy to see such energy. Well done all.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 05:49:46 PM »

Well done Lee and the lads, excellent performance all round and a very convincing win against a limited (and that's being very kind) Chester performance. 4-1 might have flattered Chester a bit such was the gulf between the 2 teams. Even the BBC says we 'thumped them'. Dens and Cav were excellent, Nicky Clee had one of those games where the opposition can't deal with it, resorting to quite squalid fouling. Deserved MOM.

Ref slightly more random than usual, made a rod for his own back a bit with some yellow cards in the first half that weren't really needed. Have to sympathise with Chester fans a bit, standing in the wind and rain supporting that effort from their team today.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 05:57:45 PM »

Superb today , and not taking the piss or souring it, but we all know we could be sat in the playoffs now, push on lads, you are good enough, you've proved it time and time again, let's push together, this could be amazing if we hold our collective bollocks,bring on eastleigh And let nuneaton and new year banish the end of the now shows against the rubbish. Let's finish 5th and ruffle a load of feathers!!!

brian1925

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 05:58:07 PM »

With that starting 11 we are a match for anybody and more than a match for a frankly awful Chester team. Agree that Dens was terrific today, like a man inspired bombing up that right flank, helped by some hapless defending I have to say. My motm, but only just, was Cav - what a difference him and Si make in the middle. I've got to mention Tom Marshall's performance again, you don't even notice Luca anymore and that is credit indeed! Yes, the ref was very random, as were both his assistants, though oddly they got the potentially leg-breaking sending off spot on. Well done Alty today, £14 well spent.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 06:06:27 PM »

The formation won't work against better teams because Lee will probably ask Dens and Griff to sit rather than overlap and without there support it is a narrow formation.  I am a big fan of Moult but he wasn't his normal energetic self so Williams would have been an earlier sub and again he played well coming on. Wonder why he didn't use more subs after the 4th, for example Gillespie? Also Ryan did take a long time to get going, he really does need telling where to run or what to do with the ball, a clear confidence player. Much highe tempo without Lawrie and more so Perry haha! First time in years we have 4 decent centre mids!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 06:24:37 PM »

I think you're harsh on Moult olly, he (along an excellent Cav) ran that midfield today. You don't always have to buzz about and he was excellent today. As he has been since Barnet to be fair when he was abysmal.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 06:27:20 PM »

8 points off the playoffs and if we keep playing the way we are an outside chance at 5th spot.

Full credit to Lee Sinnott and the players, great start to 2015 and the superb new Bar absolutely rammed.

Where have all those knockers gone when you need them  ;) ;D ;D

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2015, 06:40:00 PM »

I think you're harsh on Moult olly, he (along an excellent Cav) ran that midfield today. You don't always have to buzz about and he was excellent today. As he has been since Barnet to be fair when he was abysmal.

Mate, I really really like Moult,  unsung hero as I previously posted but I didn't think Williams deserved to be dropped, but it's great to see all four playing out of their skins. 

markecky

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2015, 06:40:59 PM »

Gutted to miss that today.  I've got proper flu I think  ( not the bad cold thing that we claim to be flu ).  From following the tweets, Hughgul and Radio Robins it sounded like a great performance.  

Can't wait to see Clee's goal.

Sounded like a good atmosphere as well.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2015, 06:46:45 PM »

Looked solid from start to finish.  Chester bottled out of 1-1 tackles, we wanted it much more
Bernard Taylors barmy army

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2015, 06:50:22 PM »

Cracking performace today. The formation worked a treat. Clee, reeves, griffin were excellent but I thought Cav was a differenet gravy. We look so much better with him pulling the strings in the middle of the park.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2015, 06:54:48 PM »

Cracking performace today. The formation worked a treat. Clee, reeves, griffin were excellent but I thought Cav was a differenet gravy. We look so much better with him pulling the strings in the middle of the park.

Densmore was a different gravy! Wave after wave of attack and defended quality too. Griff did the job but Dens was on a different page.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What a game !