PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 on this Saturday last year
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: on this Saturday last year  (Read 8521 times)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
Re: on this Saturday last year
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2014, 07:20:55 PM »

A slight re think over gh if he could get someone like colin little as assistant  with a longer term view of takong over.I would imagine Colin could have a few contacts.

A massive backward step.  Why on earth re appoint a manager who left us after picking up 1 point from 30 and who's last gig was relegation at Stafford?  Why Colin Little? If he wasn't a playing hero for us he wouldn't be in the reckoning full stop.

I'll say this for Sinnott, his appointment stopped the endless insular conveyor belt of old boy and in house choices.

All hypothetical anyway at this stage.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 07:25:43 PM »

A slight re think over gh if he could get someone like colin little as assistant  with a longer term view of takong over.I would imagine Colin could have a few contacts.

A massive backward step.  Why on earth re appoint a manager who left us after picking up 1 point from 30 and who's last gig was relegation at Stafford?  Why Colin Little? If he wasn't a playing hero for us he wouldn't be in the reckoning full stop.

I'll say this for Sinnott, his appointment stopped the endless insular conveyor belt of old boy and in house choices.

All hypothetical anyway at this stage.

It is hypothethetical at this stage  and as I said in earlier post I wouldnt want gh back but if he   was to come back then  the above  mentioned circumstances wouldnt be quite as bad

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 07:37:38 PM »

Even if Colin Little was there it would be a disastrous choice. In any case, if Little had never kicked a ball for us would he be getting a mention on here? Probably not.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2014, 07:38:33 PM »

Even if Colin Little was there it would be a disastrous choice. In any case, if Little had never kicked a ball for us would he be getting a mention on here? Probably not.

agreed but lets try and stay positive and hope ls turns thing around

Jimmy

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2014, 07:53:41 PM »

I wouldev thought Colin has a far better job at united as for this team things should improve with the suspension of Marshall and the dropping of perry as his first half Saturday makes him unpickable

ripleym

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2014, 08:25:13 PM »

Perry has been one of our better players this season for me.  His disastrous first half on Saturday was because almost every ball to him appeared to be up in the air.  It is well documented that he is not the best in the air.  Play a ball into his feet, and he can hold it up extremely well while others join in the attack.

It is hardly his fault the rest of the team panic and resort to long balls up to him when it's not going well.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2014, 08:32:12 PM »

Perry has been one of our better players this season for me.  His disastrous first half on Saturday was because almost every ball to him appeared to be up in the air.  It is well documented that he is not the best in the air.  Play a ball into his feet, and he can hold it up extremely well while others join in the attack.

It is hardly his fault the rest of the team panic and resort to long balls up to him when it's not going well.
[/quot

are you taking the Piss?

Full time and proud of it

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2014, 08:35:37 PM »

Perry over gillespie , i really cant see why

Jimmy

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2014, 08:48:09 PM »

I don't agree but even if I did if the players play the wrong style because of him the conclusion is still the same

eightiesrobin

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2014, 08:48:27 PM »

Perry over gillespie , i really cant see why

On Saturday, Perry on at least two occasions, made no attempt to win an aerial ball with the defender behind him. Instead, with his back to goal, he merely backed into his man and bent forward to a right angle at the waist. He won and chased one ball, and that was only because he had fouled his man and was trying to kid the ref he'd won it cleanly. His ploy didn't work, because every ref who has ever run a conference premier game knows he's a diver.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2014, 09:10:24 PM »

Not Graham.  Please not Graham

eightiesrobin

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2014, 09:21:24 PM »

Was it that bad? Serious question btw

bighairedmike

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2014, 12:19:53 AM »

Was it that bad? Serious question btw

1 point in 30 from an unarsed manager who had publicly "lost heart".

Yes it was.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2014, 07:10:08 AM »

If we have a similar performance on Tuesday then I think we need to change the manager but the question is who? There is not exactly a massive list of candidates who would do a better job. Graham Heathcote would be a backward step for the club. We would need someone to bring fresh ideas to the team. If we get back to our best and play well and beat Macc then all this talk about changing the manager would become irreverant.
They really should be beating teams like us

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2014, 08:26:16 AM »

Unfortunately john coleman has gone back to accy , I reckon he will keep them up.

ANYONE but him. Did his best to turn Rochdale into a non-league club before they re-appointed Keith Hill. Look where they are now.

Fills teams with his scouse 'mates' who are more often than not into Steve Evans-style gamesmanship. He'd make us hate ourselves for being Alty fans.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 on this Saturday last year