PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team/ Formation for Saturday
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Team/ Formation for Saturday  (Read 3721 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 08, 2014, 08:18:04 AM »

.............................Coburn
Leather....Havern....Marshell......Higginbotham

Densmore.......Moult.....Rodgers.........Griffin/Buzz
......................Reeves.......Perry

Hopefully leather will be over his sickness bug, Danny H is a left back by trade so if Nicky  is missing put him at left back and put one of the other two on the wing, no more f**king about now Sinnott, its HAMMERTIME , shambolic that last night, MUST be rectified with a win on Saturday, simplistic as that may sound

Stan Hibbert

Re: Team/ Formation for Saturday
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 08:41:40 AM »

Based on the players we have available for Saturday I probably agree.

However, with a fully fit squad and no suspensions the back four should be built around Leather and Havern at CB. Marshall's a very weak link and should not be in the starting line up if all defenders are fully fit. This will become more evident as time goes by and he is tested. Just watch.

If it ain't broke then don't fix it and it wasn't broken a few weeks ago.

It's apparent that Higgy's probably going to play every week if available and I am not sure what his favoured position is but as mentioned in other posts surely he can play centre mid at this level.

If all players are fully fit and available our ideal 11 are;

Coburn
Dens Leather Havern Doughty
Richman Higginbotham Moult Clee
Reeves Walshaw

If these were available every week and were played in these positions we'd win this league.

It's easy this managerial lark isn't it..??

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 09:03:31 AM »

I don't get why an accomplished defender would be moved to midfield.

DH will be used to facing the play and playing forwards, not playing forward and backwards, there is a big difference it is not as simplistic as it sounds simply to say he can play midfield.

If he is a left back by trade, then bloody well play him there and drop griffen or doughty. If Clee is not fit then griffen or doughty can play left wing, we already know that.

Reading the forum and seeing that Luca was playing right midfield has me totally baffled, I simply do not get that our best CB is played right midfield - WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON THERE !!!

A strong team is built on a solid defence, everyone knows that.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 09:08:16 AM »

DH will be used to facing the play and playing forwards, not playing forward and backwards, there is a big difference it is not as simplistic as it sounds simply to say he can play midfield.

If he is a left back by trade, then bloody well play him there and drop griffen or doughty. If Clee is not fit then griffen or doughty can play left wing, we already know that.

Reading the forum and seeing that Luca was playing right midfield has me totally baffled, I simply do not get that our best CB is played right midfield - WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON THERE !!!

Exactly. Hence my point of playing the 4 I mentioned. Since Higginbotham's arrival it has not been solid. I am not saying for one minute that DH is the cause of it but his arrival has and LS's inability to accommodate him at minimal disruption to the team is the main catalyst.

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 09:22:43 AM »

I do actually wonder if Sinnott was a prime mover in the Higginbotham transfer, or whether our Chairman handled it all. After all, it's him with the player in the publicity photo, and his statement to the media. Merely an observation, which I hope is utterly incorrect.......
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 10:35:11 AM by Romeo 48 »

Frosty

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 09:30:13 AM »

higginbotham doesnt play in midfield

roytonmike

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 09:30:34 AM »

I do actually wonder if Sinnott was a prime mover in the Higginbotham transfer, or whether our Chairman handled it all. After all, it's him with the player in the publicity photo, and his statemenf to the media. Merely an observation, which I hope is utterly incorrect.......
You speak my previously unspoken thoughts ...

markecky

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 09:30:54 AM »

I do actually wonder if Sinnott was a prime mover in the Higginbotham transfer, or whether our Chairman handled it all. After all, it's him with the player in the publicity photo, and his statemenf to the media. Merely an observation, which I hope is utterly incorrect.......

Wasn't it Derek in the picture?

Danny would have contacted the club I would think, are you suggesting the manager should have said no?  Love to see people's reactions to that one.

markecky

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 10:03:38 AM »

Just for the record, at no point last night did I see Luca playing right midfield.  As usual everything has to go down the left.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 10:08:57 AM by markecky »

Frosty

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 10:04:23 AM »

blimey rowley is looking old in that pic

Jezza

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 10:16:41 AM »

it's taken 2 1/2 years and we still cannot defend to save our lives...especially when it comes to a game that will see us top the league or progress in a cup.

we seem to have 4 centre halves and lee is trying to play them all.....

This inability to defend has probably cost us promotion last season.....and I can see it costing us this season too.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 10:30:52 AM »

Champions don't throw away 6 points at Gloucester and at Gainsborough when they are playing with four strikers/midfielders in defence, no team wins every game, but with what we've got player wise we should be sat 6 or 7 points infront at the top of the table now. I also didn't like the way the team trickled out in dribs and drabs to line up for the second half, something in nothing but it projected a poor image. To blow this amazing chance of to get back where we all want to be would be a huge opportunity missed for the club. Nobody likes losing and nobody likes the falling out and squabbling, but you can see the frustration building in what are one of the most patient set if supporters in the country, because we know we are good enough. Its time to put a run of wins together of 5 or 6 games and put a proper marker down before its too late, every time we get a chance to put our noses infront we fluff our lines.Nobody wants the heart break of playoffs again, we are good enough to do it, so starting Saturday lets collectively pull our bloody act together.

taxi Phil

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 10:38:47 AM »

Wasn't it Derek in the picture?

Danny would have contacted the club I would think, are you suggesting the manager should have said no?  Love to see people's reactions to that one.
Sorry, of course it was Derek in the picture.....but Graeme's media statement  nonetheless. And while I don't suggest he should have said no, there are still a few things niggling away at the back of my mind about the way LS carries out his duties.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 10:49:03 AM »

Champions don't throw away 6 points at Gloucester and at Gainsborough when they are playing with four strikers/midfielders in defence, no team wins every game, but with what we've got player wise we should be sat 6 or 7 points infront at the top of the table now. I also didn't like the way the team trickled out in dribs and drabs to line up for the second half, something in nothing but it projected a poor image. To blow this amazing chance of to get back where we all want to be would be a huge opportunity missed for the club. Nobody likes losing and nobody likes the falling out and squabbling, but you can see the frustration building in what are one of the most patient set if supporters in the country, because we know we are good enough. Its time to put a run of wins together of 5 or 6 games and put a proper marker down before its too late, every time we get a chance to put our noses infront we fluff our lines.Nobody wants the heart break of playoffs again, we are good enough to do it, so starting Saturday lets collectively pull our bloody act together.

An excellent post which sums up a lot of my frustrations with the team and the manager. I think your point about the way the team emerged for the second half is important - it's similar to the team's demeanour before matches, which always strikes me as casual and unfocussed. Which might explain why we've gone one nil down inside the first ten minutes in eight of the last fourteen league games.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2014, 11:21:36 AM »

I understand that they were sent out early for the 2nd half and some hadn't had time to use the toilet etc, but coming out in twos and threes over the course of that 5 minutes just looked wrong, arrive together, fight together, die together. We've got to project an image of confidence and assured composure
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team