PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done lads!
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Well done lads!  (Read 6211 times)

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Well done lads!
« on: September 17, 2016, 05:44:55 PM »

That's a monkey off the back ....and I'm sure most people thought the worst when we conceded so early penalty again.

Some decent performances particularly in the 2nd half, I have to admit when that guy scored a worldly to equalise I thought we had blown our chance again. But, fair play to them..they continued to play their football and got their just rewards in the end, albeit after a mighty scramble in their box.

Great to see the team react to the support at the end, early days but let's hope we have turned the corner now.

Onwards and upwards Alty.

GB Alty

Re: Well done lads!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 05:53:48 PM »

Well done lads, now lets push on

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 06:05:01 PM »

Laurie and Cyrus in particular stood out today,well done lads.

brinners

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 06:11:06 PM »

Agree that Cyrus did very well today.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 06:15:15 PM »

Great heart today, thanks boys.

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 06:45:10 PM »

Yes all Awesome today.Fought till the end.
Onwards and Upwards

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 07:32:00 PM »

Get in there! Well done to all at the club!

The highs, lows and lowers of this season have been exhausting but the last couple of weeks we've had a few things go our way and I'm delighted we can finally moan about a win!

COME ON YOU RED N WHITE B@ST@RDS!!!!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2016, 08:14:28 PM »

Get in there! Well done to all at the club!

The highs, lows and lowers of this season have been exhausting but the last couple of weeks we've had a few things go our way and I'm delighted we can finally moan about a win!

COME ON YOU RED N WHITE B@ST@RDS!!!!
The highs... has thier been more than 1 ? 😄
ParkINson's red and white army

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2016, 08:21:21 PM »

Very pleasing result, thought it was a good team effort, if I had to pick a star apart from the goal scorers I thought Lawrie played very well,.
Confidence was apparent once we went ahead and I think that confidence will be a significant factor in future games.

I also thought Greg Wilkinson impressed when he came on, that lad can pick a pass

I would have liked to have seen a bigger home crowd turnout.

An enjoyable game in the sunshine,  lets hope we get a good draw in the next round.

Best wishes to the chap who collapsed by the half way line just before halftime. Get well soon fella
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 08:24:32 PM by distancetraveller »

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 08:35:10 PM »

Great result but we certainly made hard work of it, hopefully will give the confidence a big lift though.

Fully agree about Greg Wilkinson, if we can accommodate him and James Lawrie in the same team we may have the first bit of creativity since Nicky Clee dropped out.

Crowd figure disappointing but always the same in cup games when a lot of season ticket holders won't pay to get in....bizarre!

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 08:44:35 PM »

That's a monkey off the back ....and I'm sure most people thought the worst when we conceded so early penalty again.

Some decent performances particularly in the 2nd half, I have to admit when that guy scored a worldly to equalise I thought we had blown our chance again. But, fair play to them..they continued to play their football and got their just rewards in the end, albeit after a mighty scramble in their box.

Great to see the team react to the support at the end, early days but let's hope we have turned the corner now.

Onwards and upwards Alty.

Yep, this pretty much sums it up.
Many congrats to Jim and the lads on a deserved win. Once we went 2-1 up some confidence came into the team and we ripped through them frequently in the second half, James Lawrie superb today and unlucky not to have had 2-3 stunning goals. Also thought Andy Dawber had a good game in net and made a terrific save in the first half after Cyrus boob.
A week or two ago we would have lost that game, week off now to improve that defence and reduce the defensive boobs.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2016, 08:48:10 PM »

Very pleasing result, thought it was a good team effort, if I had to pick a star apart from the goal scorers I thought Lawrie played very well,.
Confidence was apparent once we went ahead and I think that confidence will be a significant factor in future games.

I also thought Greg Wilkinson impressed when he came on, that lad can pick a pass

I would have liked to have seen a bigger home crowd turnout.

An enjoyable game in the sunshine,  lets hope we get a good draw in the next round.

Best wishes to the chap who collapsed by the half way line just before halftime. Get well soon fella
apparently he banged his head in the fall and was taken to hospital hope he is OK
ParkINson's red and white army

NorthernMonkey

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2016, 10:46:59 PM »

Glad that guy is ok.

Not been down in ages with family and various commitments but took my lad and had a great day.

I thought some of he football was superb today, really was some nice stuff.

My lad loved it too, hoping to get to a few games this season.

What am I getting the poor little sod into!?  :o

bighairedmike

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2016, 01:37:49 AM »

Great result but we certainly made hard work of it, hopefully will give the confidence a big lift though.

Fully agree about Greg Wilkinson, if we can accommodate him and James Lawrie in the same team we may have the first bit of creativity since Nicky Clee dropped out.

Crowd figure disappointing but always the same in cup games when a lot of season ticket holders won't pay to get in....bizarre!

FA Cup qualifiers are always a lower attendance. Blaming season ticket holders for that is disgusting. I normally go home and away for games but couldn't be bothered after Nuneaton on Tuesday. If you're going to put a blame at anybody's door, chuck it my way. Also, Nicky Clee "dropped out". You should be out crab fishing in Alaska. Top bait.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2016, 11:58:21 AM »

Delighted with the win. Yes, we should have put the game to bed earlier but with not much confidence in the team that's what happens.

Nice to see JH not afraid to change our shape early on when things weren't working. Second half was the best I've seen this season. James Lawrie was my MOM

Just hope we get a home tie.
Full time and proud of it
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done lads!