News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bit of hope....?

Author Topic: Bit of hope....?  (Read 1681 times)

bumble

Bit of hope....?
« on: November 20, 2011, 12:02:57 PM »

This time last year we were believed to be pretty much relegated
At christmas we were no better placed but we kept believing...

And yes we slipped up , however we did take it to the the last day against all the odds (something I hoped would happen but didn't believe it would)

Now isnt the time to be getting on the lads back, despite how poor they were!

Let's believe in Lee and Tolson - Tolson looked as frustrated as we did yesterday... And have some positivity before next week and a big atmosphere down at Gigg Lane from the start

If we are still here next year (i mean this league) A decent cup run + the extra 20K could be used to strengthen the sqaud

Let's be more like jacko with his wild optimism... He thought fulham would win away at Sunderland

Jenga

Re: Bit of hope....?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 07:11:10 PM »

If we are still here next year (i mean this league)

We sure as hell are not going to get promoted on the current performances, but we are in with a shout if we can improve.

As for relegation, there is no way on gods earth we will.

I therefore expect us to be around next year.

bumble

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 07:14:29 PM »

If we are still here next year (i mean this league)

We sure as hell are not going to get promoted on the current performances, but we are in with a shout if we can improve.
As for relegation, there is no way on gods earth we will.
I therefore expect us to be around next year.

i put that in as i expected some smart comment about 2O12 being the end of the world.....

whopper

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 07:47:55 PM »

This time last year we were believed to be pretty much relegated
At christmas we were no better placed but we kept believing...

And yes we slipped up , however we did take it to the the last day against all the odds (something I hoped would happen but didn't believe it would)

Now isnt the time to be getting on the lads back, despite how poor they were!

Let's believe in Lee and Tolson - Tolson looked as frustrated as we did yesterday... And have some positivity before next week and a big atmosphere down at Gigg Lane from the start

If we are still here next year (i mean this league) A decent cup run + the extra 20K could be used to strengthen the sqaud

Let's be more like jacko with his wild optimism... He thought fulham would win away at Sunderland
yes jack they nearly did! my paddy power account is rocking!!!

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 11:12:40 AM »

At the start of the seaon I felt this would be a consolidation season for us and that we should really be hoping/expecting for sort of top 10 reasonable comfort but with real hope for next season.

Having seen a few games it is clear that if we can sort the defence out we can definetly go on a run and reach the play offs.

It is a question really of how long it takes lee to sort it out...any time before the end of the season will do for me but the sooner the better obviously....if by the end of the season we are still winning 6-1 one week then losing a couple of games 2-0 due to soft defending then I'd seriously be asking wether lee is the right man.

I think we actually need a box to box midfielder to cover the defence....dare I say it.....a headless chicken type of player....come back Bandy!!!...the defence seems to get caught out by long balls bypassing midfield.....and then somehow their two V four seem to prevail...

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 12:22:36 PM »

I think we actually need a box to box midfielder to cover the defence

Robbie Lawton?
Come on Alty!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bit of hope....?