PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GOAL LINE TECHNOLOGY
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: GOAL LINE TECHNOLOGY  (Read 13587 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: GOAL LINE TECHNOLOGY
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2010, 05:53:13 PM »

Technology is inherently susceptible to failure so what happens if the system breaks down?

Is that not a rather Luddite attitude to take though? In the event that the system breaks down, the worst case scenario is that we carry on as before (which is what some people are suggesting should happen anyway).

The technology is there so why not use it where possible?

You may well consider it a luddite attitude but I just have a fear that, given the amount of money involved at the top level of the game, any system failure will be met with at least demands for replays and maybe people resorting to the courts

bighairedmike

« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2010, 06:23:55 PM »

Well thats easily solved with a "If the technology fails then the referee's decision is final" clause.

Although i just think that an official watching it on a tv with an instant replay available and a radio to the ref would just be the easiest way to do it. A simple "That was in", "He dived, not a foul" type thing would be easiest.

York Alty

« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2010, 09:52:08 PM »

football is heading to the courts anyway.  That happens already.  technology will speed that up. 

no more from me on this topic, it gets on my wick too much.

Jezza

« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2010, 10:05:44 PM »

what happens when the referee fails?

taxi Phil

« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2010, 10:17:59 PM »

what happens when the referee fails?

The lunatics will have finally taken over the asylum, and it will be the end of civilisation (?) as we know it.

Bath Alty

« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2010, 12:13:39 PM »

I don't get the argument about every level having to have the same facilities available at all levels of the game - should we force Premier league teams to dig up their undersoil heating, remove sprinkler systems and sack their full time groundsmen.  They should play on rutted uneven pitches like everyone else....while we're at it th e Preimer league refs should wear ankle weights to reduce the chance of them being up with play like refs at lower levels, afterall it's equality that matters not whether the right decision is made.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GOAL LINE TECHNOLOGY