PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Let's Have A Moan Thread
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Let's Have A Moan Thread  (Read 6568 times)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The Let's Have A Moan Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2022, 12:32:45 AM »

"Unfriend"? Dreadful term. What's wrong with "fall out with" (although admittedly that would be the nuclear option - and ends with a preposition!). And that Pets In A pickle ad - I keep thinking they're going to add "and brown sauce". Ugh!

Speaking of ads: perfume ads!!!

Pretentious, meaningless crap!

"Because you're worth it"; "The sciency bit" - argh!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

(PS They don't follow the science  ;) ;) ;) )

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2022, 01:25:30 AM »

"Unfriend"? Dreadful term. What's wrong with "fall out with" (although admittedly that would be the nuclear option - and ends with a preposition!). And that Pets In A pickle ad - I keep thinking they're going to add "and brown sauce". Ugh!

The ad for Marc Jacobs "Daisy" appears to be aimed at paedophiles.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2022, 12:56:12 PM »

It does feature a great choice of music in the form of Suicide though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L7PhuW3o-w

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2022, 11:27:52 PM »

That one really is weird...reminds me of a trans colleague called Daisy whomlooks like my ex wife (which is not a good thing!)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2023, 03:45:21 AM »

After the worrying events of recent days, I feel I have to speak out again (or strictly speaking, write).  I see that at half time yesterday, we were level on points with a team in the playoffs. The playoffs! What is going on? We should be nowhere near the playoffs. Just imagine we somehow got promoted - no doubt there would be ground "improvements" - when some of us have got used to the ground the way it is and would feel terribly put out. We'd be having to play rabble like Rochdale and Bradford City. And there would be bigger crowds - there might even be more teenagers. Teenagers I ask you! And not just in the Golf Road End. No doubt they'd also be on the popular side with their ringading ding talk phones or whatever they're called. And maybe even in the main stand!

Yes, we were going for election in the 1980s, but the NL today is similar to the 4th division then. And there'd be no more matches against proper non-league teams like Maidenhead. And no more promotion and relegation battles every season - just look at what happened to Rochdale after 1974 - now you wouldn't want to end up like that would you? And even our participation in the reviled, I mean revered Cheshire Senior Cup might be threatened - time was when Football League teams didn't participate, and it could happen again! And then they go and play a proven goal-scorer up front. OK, he was proven in the National League South, and very briefly in the National League, but with good coaching and game time, who knows, he might start doing it at this level. Yes, there was the so-called excuse that the substitutes were brought on late, and that with only a draw, no real harm was done, but I tell you, they're playing with fire. No, the only solution is to sell Colclough and put an end to this nonsense for good and all!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 03:48:11 AM by Hugh »

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2023, 08:19:35 AM »

I cannot stand that ad.
Harold

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2023, 09:18:27 AM »

After the worrying events of recent days, I feel I have to speak out again (or strictly speaking, write).  I see that at half time yesterday, we were level on points with a team in the playoffs. The playoffs! What is going on? We should be nowhere near the playoffs. Just imagine we somehow got promoted - no doubt there would be ground "improvements" - when some of us have got used to the ground the way it is and would feel terribly put out. We'd be having to play rabble like Rochdale and Bradford City. And there would be bigger crowds - there might even be more teenagers. Teenagers I ask you! And not just in the Golf Road End. No doubt they'd also be on the popular side with their ringading ding talk phones or whatever they're called. And maybe even in the main stand!

Yes, we were going for election in the 1980s, but the NL today is similar to the 4th division then. And there'd be no more matches against proper non-league teams like Maidenhead. And no more promotion and relegation battles every season - just look at what happened to Rochdale after 1974 - now you wouldn't want to end up like that would you? And even our participation in the reviled, I mean revered Cheshire Senior Cup might be threatened - time was when Football League teams didn't participate, and it could happen again! And then they go and play a proven goal-scorer up front. OK, he was proven in the National League South, and very briefly in the National League, but with good coaching and game time, who knows, he might start doing it at this level. Yes, there was the so-called excuse that the substitutes were brought on late, and that with only a draw, no real harm was done, but I tell you, they're playing with fire. No, the only solution is to sell Colclough and put an end to this nonsense for good and all!

See you're on nights again mate!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2023, 09:37:50 AM »

And the sauce it would seem. I suggest he gets some help

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2023, 08:35:13 PM »

Taken in the spirit of sarcasm. Or whooooooosh to some.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2023, 08:50:36 PM »

Ah AA, good to have you back!

I take it you prefer not to say if it was you at the Barnet game? Never mind, maybe I'll  say hello anyway, always interesting to hear about Dutch football. How are you enjoying Amsterdam then (and Ajax Amsterdam?)?

Another great goal by CCC, what. Dark times indeed. At least you're on the right thread...

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2023, 08:51:43 PM »

See you're on nights again mate!
Er, bank holidays actually. Do these bankers actually do any work?

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2023, 09:03:54 PM »

Ah AA, good to have you back!

I take it you prefer not to say if it was you at the Barnet game? Never mind, maybe I'll  say hello anyway, always interesting to hear about Dutch football. How are you enjoying Amsterdam then (and Ajax Amsterdam?)?

Another great goal by CCC, what. Dark times indeed. At least you're on the right thread...

This is what I referred to. You may have missed it at the time. I hope you enjoyed your holiday!

http://altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=26207.30

As I say though, no pressure to be sociable if you don't want to be. Each to his  own...

Oh and just out of interest, which is it today - "Direnanga" or "why do you hate Dinanga?"?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 09:05:53 PM by Hugh »
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Let's Have A Moan Thread