Author Topic: Dross  (Read 23009 times)

Jimmy

Re: Dross
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2016, 07:12:18 PM »

That is probably a fair point Rooney

andrewflynn

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2016, 07:48:54 PM »

Doesn't help that Moult has had to change his game and sit in front of the back four. Never had to do that until the Griffith debacle, always took up a more advanced role. Not saying he's necessarily been bad there but it hasn't helped our fluidity going forward considering Richman is all legs and no technique.

arnald

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2016, 08:11:57 PM »

Alty fans will fight until the last point ,the alty will never surrender

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2016, 09:18:53 PM »

Doesn't help that Moult has had to change his game and sit in front of the back four. Never had to do that until the Griffith debacle, always took up a more advanced role. Not saying he's necessarily been bad there but it hasn't helped our fluidity going forward considering Richman is all legs and no technique.

It's not strictly the Griffith debacle tho is it. It's the fact that O'Keefe is pants as well.

Jimmy

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2016, 09:31:20 PM »

A few people on here where saying Okeefe was better than Williams clearly ridiculous

andrewflynn

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2016, 10:28:18 PM »

It's not strictly the Griffith debacle tho is it. It's the fact that O'Keefe is pants as well.

Yep fair point.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2016, 11:02:03 PM »

I have tried to resist the urge to respond to this but I can do so no longer.

Firstly I am convinced that, had this thread appeared on the forum of any of our rivals, many people (including some contributors to this very thread itself) would be hooting with laughter at the Club involved.  So  I ask, are you happy to be contributing to a thread which makes us look pathetic and laughable.

Secondly I personally find many of the recent posts, including some on this thread to be distasteful and offensive in the extreme. It has now gone beyond being a place for banter and venting ones frustrations and become the terrain of a number of vindictive idiots with neither idea of nor interest in anything other than personally abusing people whilst hiding behind pseudonyms. PATHETIC

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2016, 11:20:23 PM »

Firstly I am convinced that, had this thread appeared on the forum of any of our rivals, many people (including some contributors to this very thread itself) would be hooting with laughter at the Club involved.  So  I ask, are you happy to be contributing to a thread which makes us look pathetic and laughable.

Secondly I personally find many of the recent posts, including some on this thread to be distasteful and offensive in the extreme. It has now gone beyond being a place for banter and venting ones frustrations and become the terrain of a number of vindictive idiots with neither idea of nor interest in anything other than personally abusing people whilst hiding behind pseudonyms. PATHETIC

100% AGREE  with you phil we are all frustrated but some of the comments on here are truly sad and to those who scoff at me i say well done for becoming the type of fool we used to mock on other forums you sad pathetic creatures
FFS

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2016, 07:49:42 AM »

I don't see anything out of the ordinary in this thread...it all contains relevant material. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that is what a forum like this is for. If you are that upset about what you see on here then don't come on the forum...simple as that. At the end of the day negativity on the forum will always be there while we are playing sh*te.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2016, 10:27:16 AM »

This forum is for opinions.  The club distanced themselves from it last year when it removed all links to it from the main website.  The new rules mentioned earlier this week should sort out any extreme posts.  I am concerned that for some, if you criticise at all its taken as stupid and pathetic.  It is not, a forum like this should be there for fans to vent their frustrations at the current situation.  For me Okeefe isnt good enough and so far I am unimpressed with the lack of tactical options particularly in the second half of games.  I have been wrong before (Marshall being a good example) and I hope that I am wrong again.  Toffee Apple (Simon Ellis) for those who don't know
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2016, 11:12:31 AM »

So was it reasonable or acceptable to post a comment suggesting there was a high likelihood that the Watmore money was "drank in the Roebuck by those in the clique"?

In the midst of some interesting and relevant discussion points (some put forth by the same poster I might add) I think the above is a shameful and disgraceful thing to say, not to mention completely unfounded.

Come on Alty!

arnald

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2016, 11:18:32 AM »

I can not understand why people with very good points of view and opinions  no longer want to coment
On this fans forum and it does bother me that fans choose this in fighting rather than cracking on with  
What the forum was built for but it's still an opinion  and it matters

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2016, 11:28:25 AM »

So was it reasonable or acceptable to post a comment suggesting there was a high likelihood that the Watmore money was "drank in the Roebuck by those in the clique"?

In the midst of some interesting and relevant discussion points (some put forth by the same poster I might add) I think the above is a shameful and disgraceful thing to say, not to mention completely unfounded.

Of course it is reasonable to post that as it his view and opinion. If he has that view then that is fine. Maybe it was used to purchase a new family car? who knows what goes on behind the scenes. Its definitely not shameful and disgraceful though? This is what the fans forum is for...peoples opinions and views. It would be such a boring place without all the contrasting views of different members.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2016, 11:34:25 AM »

Of course it is reasonable to post that as it his view and opinion. If he has that view then that is fine. Maybe it was used to purchase a new family car? who knows what goes on behind the scenes. Its definitely not shameful and disgraceful though? This is what the fans forum is for...peoples opinions and views. It would be such a boring place without all the contrasting views of different members.

I'm sorry, but I totally disagree. By your argument, you could make any allegation under the sun, however ill-founded, and try to hide behind the fact that it's an opinion on a forum. It is actually a very serious allegation and there was no justification whatsoever for posting it.

If you can't see the difference I find it quite alarming.
Come on Alty!

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2016, 11:42:52 AM »

okay paul lets agree to disagree
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dross