+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dross
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Dross  (Read 23004 times)

Bath Alty

Re: Dross
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2016, 07:16:47 PM »

???
what do you think is the way forward SW?
The way forward is to pull together and not post stupid comments like "the club does not look for the best deal, football wise", "the chairman doesn't care if we get relegated", "why no reinforcements" (when three loan players started today's game)

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2016, 07:27:10 PM »

3 of them loan players have been a waste of space! We need a decent central midfielder...bit late now but this should have been sorted ages ago! Bosh and Cav type of player who is a leader!

These next 2 games now will be key... 4 points minimum required

brian1925

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2016, 07:27:55 PM »

Don't you think that 'the chairman doesn't care' and 'the chairman doesn't care if we get relegated ' are two entirely different statements. Anybody who thinks the chairman doesn't care, is living in cloud cuckoo land. Of course he bloody cares, as we all do. However, if he really cared about us staying in this league, wouldn't he advertise the post of manager NOW while we still have a chance of staying up? 3 sodding wins, a bit of hope, a bit of inspiration, something different, surely to God that is possible. I know for a fact there were enquiries re. the position when Lee left, so there's no need to post crap like 'who'd be interested?' Surely that's better than just doing nothing and waiting for the inevitable?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2016, 07:30:22 PM »

I know its a while back but it was a pity we couldn't keep hold of Anthony Danylick

GB Alty

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2016, 07:32:11 PM »

I agree we need to pull together, but we need to do so in the right direction, but I don't think thats happening. I can't support the appointment of Neil Tolson as manager (as most can't)

Regarding the community hall, I have never said a bad word against it. It's a great facility. I got married in it and it was the proudest moment of my life to be able to do so.

However it seems that the community side is becoming more important to the club than the football, and that is bad. The root cause of all our current problems, we have taken our eye of the ball and not made the correct footballing decisions

And for that I can not forgive or tolerate

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2016, 07:36:50 PM »

Merely five points out of a possible total of 15 have been gained since Tolson was promoted.

Tellingly, in the five league fixtures that we've played against the three teams who currently lie beneath us in the table, we have failed to muster even a single victory whilst picking up the meagre sum of three points.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2016, 07:42:10 PM »

I agree we need to pull together, but we need to do so in the right direction, but I don't think thats happening. I can't support the appointment of Neil Tolson as manager (as most can't)

Regarding the community hall, I have never said a bad word against it. It's a great facility. I got married in it and it was the proudest moment of my life to be able to do so.

However it seems that the community side is becoming more important to the club than the football, and that is bad. The root cause of all our current problems, we have taken our eye of the ball and not made the correct footballing decisions

Have to agree with that highlighted sentence.

I'm dismayed that the future of the football club has been placed in jeopardy by the apparent rush to give a job to a mate.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jezza

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2016, 08:08:35 PM »

we really have no options because we didn't do the sensible thing when lee resigned which was to appoint tols as caretaker while we invite applications

we'll be the nicest club in the conf north with a nice community hall....

not being able to defend a lead has cost us for years......

GB Alty

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2016, 08:12:57 PM »

we really have no options because we didn't do the sensible thing when lee resigned which was to appoint tols as caretaker while we invite applications

we'll be the nicest club in the conf north with a nice community hall....

not being able to defend a lead has cost us for years......
A nice but empty community hall I hasten to add

The potential we have as a conf national club gone again I fear for another generation
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 08:15:10 PM by Woofer »

bighairedmike

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2016, 08:23:24 PM »

All fair points, which I'm sure many will agree with. However, just spouting sack the board, Rowley doesn't care isn't helping anything and just makes you look rather daft, especially when you don't offer viable alternatives.

GB Alty

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2016, 08:29:53 PM »

All fair points, which I'm sure many will agree with. However, just spouting sack the board, Rowley doesn't care isn't helping anything and just makes you look rather daft, especially when you don't offer viable alternatives.
To be fair I haven't spouted either

I just have passion for the club, and believe in what it could (and should) be

I don't accept what's happening and will fight it with every breath I have. Too many are accepting (including management/players/board)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2016, 10:22:15 AM »

It was a very poor second half, too often I saw the bench telling the players to slow it down.  We should have been bolder and tried to attack.  Please can anyone explain why o'keefe starts in the middle instead of richman
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Jimmy

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2016, 10:29:29 AM »

Agree Toff the only conclusion I can make is Richman has hardly been setting the world on fire in centre mid in the last few months

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2016, 03:55:21 PM »

Agree Toff the only conclusion I can make is Richman has hardly been setting the world on fire in centre mid in the last few months
Richman has been a shadow of himself for most of this season. I can't decide if it's just the string of niggling injuries he's had, or if his confidence has deserted him.

brian1925

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2016, 04:14:13 PM »

Richman, like Moult, has been worked to death. The pair of them have been making up for the fact we have been a midfielder light all season.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dross