PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Good News for some Re This Forum
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Good News for some Re This Forum  (Read 9108 times)

bumble

Re: Good News for some Re This Forum
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2016, 09:51:58 PM »

Having had some time to think, to look over the posts past and present on here, and to evaluate my priorities I am, from this point onward going to post on here only on matters which relate to The AFC Ladies Team.

I, like an increasing number it seems, am totally and heartily fed up with the forum having been seemingly hijacked by a small minority of idiots (cannot be Alty Fans) who just want to pursue their own personal vendettas.

I know that this will please a number of individuals who have taken pleasure, at every opportunity, to abuse me.  You may feel that you have won by me withdrawing from the forum - far from it.

I wasn't going to reply. But I shall.

What a waste of a post. Are you not capable of posting about the women's team without the need to make an big song and dance about it?

Indeed I am.

The point being that had I merely stated that I was leaving the forum and then continued to post, albeit on the subject of the Ladies Team, the there would have been "observations" that I had not actually left at all.

The only reason for my response to your post was because it referenced the only subject i am posting about

You have missed my point.

So I'll make it clearer.

Could you have simply stopped posting about any issue other than the ladies team?

The answer, of course, is yes. You could have, but didn't.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2016, 10:17:59 PM »

Oh for the heady days of the stoppers, avacado debate and the end lines to jokes thread
cough cough and chris senior if you don't mind
ParkINson's red and white army

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2016, 12:00:46 AM »

Having had some time to think, to look over the posts past and present on here, and to evaluate my priorities I am, from this point onward going to post on here only on matters which relate to The AFC Ladies Team.

I, like an increasing number it seems, am totally and heartily fed up with the forum having been seemingly hijacked by a small minority of idiots (cannot be Alty Fans) who just want to pursue their own personal vendettas.

I know that this will please a number of individuals who have taken pleasure, at every opportunity, to abuse me.  You may feel that you have won by me withdrawing from the forum - far from it.

I wasn't going to reply. But I shall.

What a waste of a post. Are you not capable of posting about the women's team without the need to make an big song and dance about it?

Indeed I am.

The point being that had I merely stated that I was leaving the forum and then continued to post, albeit on the subject of the Ladies Team, the there would have been "observations" that I had not actually left at all.

The only reason for my response to your post was because it referenced the only subject i am posting about

You have missed my point.

So I'll make it clearer.

Could you have simply stopped posting about any issue other than the ladies team?

The answer, of course, is yes. You could have, but didn't.

No, you have missed MY point.

I am so hacked off that I felt it apposite, not only to withdraw but, given some of the potentially libellous stuff on here of late, to explain why in the forlorn hope that it might just register with some.

However I was never going to stop publicising the activities, successes and failures of the Ladies as some correspondents on here are interested. THAT is why I qualified my withdrawal.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2016, 12:40:14 AM »

No, you have missed MY point.

I am so hacked off that I felt it apposite, not only to withdraw but, given some of the potentially libellous stuff on here of late, to explain why in the forlorn hope that it might just register with some.

However I was never going to stop publicising the activities, successes and failures of the Ladies as some correspondents on here are interested. THAT is why I qualified my withdrawal.

Oops, sorry luv, I lack the strength of my conviction.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Good News for some Re This Forum