News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Away Travel

Author Topic: Away Travel  (Read 1609 times)

Altyant

Away Travel
« on: January 05, 2009, 10:54:12 PM »

Please go easy with me on this one.

With money being tight for a lot of people at the mo and a run of away games up, in order to maximise the number of fans travelling to away games, would it be beneficial to introduce a scheme where people using the coach to one away game, get reduced coach travel for another game.

For example those who use the coach to travel down to Mansfield getting say a fiver off the trip to Burton? Any thoughts?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Away Travel
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 11:02:36 PM »

Running the away travel at an even bigger loss than usual is the last thing we should be doing at the moment. Taking larger away followings is insignificant compared to finding money to pay the player's wages until we eventually play a few home games.

I'm not having a go at you mate, I realise you mean well. I think we all need to be aware that the club is currently going through a very difficult time financially and I just hope to god we can get through it without any major problems.
Come on Alty!

Jacobs

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 11:50:06 AM »

Alty Ant,

To b ehonest it is something that me nad Ecky have discussed and it is a really good idea.

The main thing you have to remeber is that the coach travel is non profit making and taht wherever possible I will try and minimise the cost of away travel for supporters,

The main idea is to get as many people to support the away tarvel and by doing this we can lower the cost.

I would like to thank everyone who has supported the coach this year.

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 04:11:42 PM »

i am grateful that the prices are often reduced for concessionaries.

bighairedmike

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 04:22:41 PM »

Alty Ant,

To b ehonest it is something that me nad Ecky have discussed and it is a really good idea.

The main thing you have to remeber is that the coach travel is non profit making and taht wherever possible I will try and minimise the cost of away travel for supporters,

The main idea is to get as many people to support the away tarvel and by doing this we can lower the cost.

I would like to thank everyone who has supported the coach this year.

So thats a grand total of 0 then...  ;)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Away Travel