PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How can this be allowed ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: How can this be allowed ?  (Read 11739 times)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: How can this be allowed ?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 12:47:34 PM »

duly punished with administration and a ten point deduction.

Depends if thats punishment ?  If you can wipe off your debts (or freeze them) and still sign players of an ability better than those around you who can not afford them because they are being run correctly.

Seems unfairt that you can bring players in when you're in a financial mess. Bit like if I owned a company that was struggling and could not pay the bank or any of its owners and then phoned them all up and said "Can you lend me more money to get some more people in"

They are still at an unfair advantage in my opinion.

I suppose it's up to the various creditors, one must assume that they are happy for the club to continue in it's present state.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 12:58:02 PM »

too be honest not bothered about "various creditors" more concerned that yet agin you get penalised for running a club correctly.

We could have wiped the debts in one easy go and come back with a higher wage budget, but we did not. -10pts is nothing if you know you can have players of better standard than those around you.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2007, 01:13:59 PM »

Could we though?

I was under the impression that as most of the debt was to the Inland Revenue/Customs and Excise that rather than enter into a CVA they would either wind the club up or accept payments over long period of time in installments.*

*This may be completely wrong.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 01:18:28 PM by Jimmy Hill »

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 01:19:48 PM »

Fair point.

It just that I feel rather bitter when clubs are allowed to improve themselves when they have not been run correctly.

Its not Crawleys fault they are allowed to do this but I don't see how they should be able to get players from other clubs, which they are. They are supposed to have a transfer embargo and the easy way out is for the selling club to release the player from his contract and then god knows if any money is being exchanged. I can't see how they are signing all these players 'for free' plus there would be wages and signing on fees.

We certainly would have had a club in a better financial position and probably would have only had to start in the Unibond Premier, which would have been 1 below the league we were in, with a debt free club therefore better equipped to win the league and end up in the conference anyway.

Yes I do like clutching at straws :o)

ioko

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2007, 02:31:22 PM »

Never mind all that, more importantly, I note that Gaz's karma score stands at +92/-93

This is undoubtedly the most intense battle of the 2006/7/ season !!!!  :)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2007, 02:36:54 PM »

How to make friends and influence people, is my new book out now priced £17.99

I have opinions and would rather say them, if people don't like them then so what. At least I'm honest.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2007, 04:41:06 PM »

How to make friends and influence people, is my new book out now priced £17.99

I have opinions and would rather say them, if people don't like them then so what. At least I'm honest.

hear hear

my current opinion is 'my god its windy'

Altysmiffy

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2007, 05:48:40 PM »

Depends if thats punishment ?  If you can wipe off your debts (or freeze them) and still sign players of an ability better than those around you who can not afford them because they are being run correctly.

Seems unfairt that you can bring players in when you're in a financial mess. Bit like if I owned a company that was struggling and could not pay the bank or any of its owners and then phoned them all up and said "Can you lend me more money to get some more people in"

Yep, could we go as far as to say that is cheating?

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2007, 06:09:54 PM »

Yep, could we go as far as to say that is cheating?

How can it be cheating when they are acting within the rules?

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2007, 06:13:50 PM »

All interesting viewpoints, but what do people suggest should be done?

Someone said they should be relegated to a league that they could afford to play in, but thats in no way feasible obviously.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2007, 06:19:17 PM »

I think -10 pts is not sufficent especially when you look at what we got done for last season, we made a MISTAKE where as constantly paying more money than you know you can afford is gaining an unfair advantage and much worse than us (or at worse the same). Maybe lose all points you gained whilst paying more than you could afford ?? (silly as it sounds, but why not , apart from if they've been over paying for years and years, maybe do it maximum of 30pts or something ? ) .. its blatant cheating and gaining an unfair advantage like we had done except we lost the points on every game we played with Robinson.

This has been going on for long enough now and with all probability they will go out of business at the end of the season, so why not have kept Scarboro up and demoted them ? Crawley have known about these problems from last season afterall but they seem to getting chance after chance.

I feel a little sorry for the Crawley fans but they must have known that all the numbers weren't adding up, not rocket science.

I also think you should be forced to decrease your wage budget and have a cap on wages you can pay. I am not 100% happy about ANY players being able to come in (although understand why this is an option), they are a FULL TIME club so must have had a Youth team \ Reserves that could play for club ? You should get punished more, rather than extending the deadline for them (or is that cos there southern ?).

If I was a Scarboro fan I would be VERY annoyed indeed.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 06:26:32 PM by gazwarrington »

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2007, 06:21:02 PM »

crawley should have a loan or work experience only restriction. any extra expense, be it wages or expenses should not be allowed till the club are out of administration

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2007, 06:26:27 PM »

If I was a Scarboro fan I would be VERY annoyed indeed.

Scarborough were in administration for three years plus (i think) which is why they were probably treated a little worse than Crawley at the minute. It would be interesting to see what the Conference do if Crawley carry on scraping by as they are for another season or more.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2007, 06:29:27 PM »

Well said Longsdenjr

Its really sad that we are still talking about this in January 2007 with no signs of it being sorted, funny how deadlines get pushed for other clubs ?

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2007, 06:50:21 PM »

One thing I don't understand is how administration is actually working at Crawley. I thought that what happened with administration is that all unnecessary costs were cut and the priority was to get as much money as possible for creditors. Football clubs are hugely important things but there are other businesses that may fold because of not getting paid by Crawley. So why are the administrators allowing Crawley to sign more and more players when, given the results so far, they seem far from necessary?

All interesting viewpoints, but what do people suggest should be done?

Someone said they should be relegated to a league that they could afford to play in, but thats in no way feasible obviously.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How can this be allowed ?