PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Before we judge others.......
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Before we judge others.......  (Read 9072 times)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Before we judge others.......
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2012, 01:44:12 PM »

My rusty French is a damn sight better than my Spanish, I once managed to book a table in a restaurant in Andalucia for forty people; they were a bit nonplussed when just four of us turned up!
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

taxi Phil

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2012, 02:06:04 PM »

Today's piece of trivia..............I used to work with a Richard Head at Texas Instruments in Bedford. And he was one. His parents must have been a bit naive, don't you think?

(And as SW pointed out, du tete cannot exist because tete is feminine). Sorry..... :-[
Back in my IT days, I employed a lad named Richard Long. At that time, it was standard to issue an eight letter ID for computer purposes which normally consisted of up to seven letters of surname, and the initials of the first name.

The lad himself didn't complain when I allocated him "LONGDICK" but I had to rename him "LONGRICH" within 24 hours following a severe wrist-slapping from my boss.

bighairedmike

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2012, 02:39:51 PM »

My rusty French is a damn sight better than my Spanish, I once managed to book a table in a restaurant in Andalucia for forty people; they were a bit nonplussed when just four of us turned up!

Not that long ago I was in the south of France and got asked to translate for an English priest who was trying to organise mass in an abbey. My French, whilst faitly good, is a bit rusty having not used it for a couple of years. We had a discussion about the history of the abbey and the cross that was on the wall was supposedly donated by the Black prince because he used to take mass at that abbey. When trying to explain to the curator of the church who the black prince was I accidentally told him that he was the only prince of Wales to never become queen of England.

He laughed so hard he had to leave the room and I didn't realise what I had said wrong. It was only afterwards that I realised and had to apologise to the priest who thought I was making fun of him.

joe

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2012, 08:26:32 PM »

VofD, do you really think he would think people are not showing him respect in such sad circumstances by spelling Damian as Damien ? It was a ridiculous comment in that thread of such sad times. No one, least of all Damian, would have been bothered how his name had been spelt (well apart from you !!!)

Teaser,
             Whatever. It might be a generation thing, I don't know, but it would appear that you are the one who needs to GET A LIFE as no one else seems to have been troubled by my commentus. Ricard du Tete.

I was. It was rude and very disrespectful.

In that case, why only say so now,FFS

I mentioned it at the time but you chose to ignore it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Before we judge others.......