PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Before we judge others.......
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Before we judge others.......  (Read 9074 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Before we judge others.......
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 07:04:37 AM »

Unfortunately, people seem to like abuse more than praise.   Seems to keep them going!
Probably makes them feel better about themselves.
You must have been talking to a couple of my ex's. They had that view and thought they should apply it me. Wrong.

Jenga

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 03:37:06 PM »

The Chester fans that unfortunately ended up in the GRE was a regrettable mistake but when they came through the turnstile, they did not show any signs of being Chester fans, no chanting, no scarves until they took them to wear after they went through to the ground. To clear up any confusion, concessions include students (with cards), pensioners over 65 and those with a GMPTE bus pass, also those that are carers. The club used to have a sign outside the door, but have not replaced it this season, again, not our fault.

Sorry to be pedantic: but actually,and I have a verification e-mail from the chairman, the concession age is actually 60,irrespective of gender.

Many thanks for your good efforts.

Is all you do pull people up on their errors, even on a thread as serious as the Damien Reeves thread about him losing his child you decide it appropriate to pick somebody up on spelling. YOU ARE DISGRACE WHO QUITE FRANKLEY SHOULD GET A LIFE.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 05:03:12 PM »

The Chester fans that unfortunately ended up in the GRE was a regrettable mistake but when they came through the turnstile, they did not show any signs of being Chester fans, no chanting, no scarves until they took them to wear after they went through to the ground. To clear up any confusion, concessions include students (with cards), pensioners over 65 and those with a GMPTE bus pass, also those that are carers. The club used to have a sign outside the door, but have not replaced it this season, again, not our fault.

Sorry to be pedantic: but actually,and I have a verification e-mail from the chairman, the concession age is actually 60,irrespective of gender.

Is all you do pull people up on their errors, even on a thread as serious as the Damien Reeves thread about him losing his child you decide it appropriate to pick somebody up on spelling. YOU ARE DISGRACE WHO QUITE FRANKLEY SHOULD GET A LIFE.

Slight overreaction there, I feel!

VofD is big enough to defend himself but I believe that all he was doing here is clarifying that the concessionary age at Moss Lane is 60, a fact of which some people may well be unaware.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jenga

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 05:24:30 PM »

I take it you didnt see his post about Damian Reeves then?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 05:27:59 PM »

I take it you didnt see his post about Damian Reeves then?

I don't recall that one, so, I can't comment.

All I was doing here was addressing his post regarding the concessionary age, which seemed perfectly relevant and reasonable to me.

Anyhow, as I said earlier, he is quite capable of conducting his own defence!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

VofD

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 06:14:59 PM »

As stated by the Cult,I was only pointing out the actuall concessioinary age for people who might be unaware that it is 60 and not 65.Hopefully, that being the case, we might get some more men (aged 60 plus) to attend Moss Lane.

As for the other thread to which you refer,I was asking people, at that very sad time, to at least show him the respect and courtesy of spelling his name correctly.

And I do have a LIFE, thank you very much.

Jenga

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 09:31:43 PM »

VofD, do you really think he would think people are not showing him respect in such sad circumstances by spelling Damian as Damien ? It was a ridiculous comment in that thread of such sad times. No one, least of all Damian, would have been bothered how his name had been spelt (well apart from you !!!)

VofD

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2012, 11:09:01 PM »

VofD, do you really think he would think people are not showing him respect in such sad circumstances by spelling Damian as Damien ? It was a ridiculous comment in that thread of such sad times. No one, least of all Damian, would have been bothered how his name had been spelt (well apart from you !!!)

Teaser,
             Whatever. It might be a generation thing, I don't know, but it would appear that you are the one who needs to GET A LIFE as no one else seems to have been troubled by my comments. Ricard du Tete.

joe

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 08:48:58 AM »

Teaser,
             Whatever. It might be a generation thing, I don't know, but it would appear that you are the one who needs to GET A LIFE as no one else seems to have been troubled by my comments. Ricard du Tete.

I was. It was rude and very disrespectful.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2012, 08:54:46 AM »

Shouldn't that be de la tete?  ;D
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

VofD

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2012, 09:12:18 AM »

Teaser,

I was. It was rude and very disrespectful.

In that case, why only say so now,FFS

taxi Phil

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2012, 09:13:20 AM »

Shouldn't that be de la tete?  ;D
OMG ! A FRENCH grammar Nazi !

VofD

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2012, 09:16:07 AM »

Jezza

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2012, 12:37:42 PM »

Richard du tete = Richard of head
Richard de la tete = Richard of the head
I think in this case a simple richard tete would suffice perhaps with an explanatory appendix..... ;D ;D ;D

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2012, 12:50:24 PM »

Today's piece of trivia..............I used to work with a Richard Head at Texas Instruments in Bedford. And he was one. His parents must have been a bit naive, don't you think?

(And as SW pointed out, du tete cannot exist because tete is feminine). Sorry..... :-[
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Before we judge others.......