PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Before we judge others.......
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Before we judge others.......  (Read 9073 times)

TheBigGateman

« on: August 27, 2012, 06:05:36 PM »

I am a turnstile operator, normally in the home end on the consession part opposite the adult gate, and I am at a loss for words with the amount of verbal abuse from the home 'fans' towards myself and colleagues. It is disgusting what is said. We get told to only allow the correct people through our necessary gates, that is the way it has been since before I began volunteering my time to the club. You can sit there all you like talking about the behaviour of away fans whose clubs decide to bring a lot of fans, sometimes more than the home end., but the abuse and backchat about the prices from the home end is horrible. Ok, the club isn't performing well at the moment, that is not our fault, there is only one adult gate at the GR end, also not our fault due to lack of volunteers. Being told I am a stupid T**t or knobhead is what I expect from little children, not grown men. Please show some respect.

GoneFishing

Re: Before we judge others.......
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 06:13:05 PM »

The club don't help by not making it clear who qualifies as a concession. At other clubs someone only has to show a GMPTE concessionary travel pass to get the concession rate, but i hear this is not the case at Alty.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 06:17:31 PM »

Are you sure they were home fans? Because from where I was stood today it was a free for all
ParkINson's red and white army

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 06:35:51 PM »

I am a turnstile operator, normally in the home end on the consession part opposite the adult gate, and I am at a loss for words with the amount of verbal abuse from the home 'fans' towards myself and colleagues. It is disgusting what is said. We get told to only allow the correct people through our necessary gates, that is the way it has been since before I began volunteering my time to the club. You can sit there all you like talking about the behaviour of away fans whose clubs decide to bring a lot of fans, sometimes more than the home end., but the abuse and backchat about the prices from the home end is horrible. Ok, the club isn't performing well at the moment, that is not our fault, there is only one adult gate at the GR end, also not our fault due to lack of volunteers. Being told I am a stupid T**t or knobhead is what I expect from little children, not grown men. Please show some respect.

Why then, were there a load of Chester fans in the Golf Road End? I agree that the abuse is inexcusable but when I walk into this side of the ground I don't expect to see people walking around in Chester shirts and scarves regardless if they are here to cause trouble or not.

TheBigGateman

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 06:55:57 PM »

The Chester fans that unfortunately ended up in the GRE was a regrettable mistake but when they came through the turnstile, they did not show any signs of being Chester fans, no chanting, no scarves until they took them to wear after they went through to the ground. To clear up any confusion, concessions include students (with cards), pensioners over 65 and those with a GMPTE bus pass, also those that are carers. The club used to have a sign outside the door, but have not replaced it this season, again, not our fault.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 07:04:16 PM »

That's fair enough, it can be impossible to tell but it should surely then be the job of the stewards to shepherd them into the away end before anything starts. We can't have away fans in the home end. It wouldn't happen at any other club of our size or bigger and it was inevitable that something was going to happen even before the game kicked off.

bumble

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 07:06:58 PM »

I cant belive the lack of any police or anything beyond "typical" home game methods

Major farce today...

GoneFishing

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 07:07:08 PM »

The Chester fans that unfortunately ended up in the GRE was a regrettable mistake but when they came through the turnstile, they did not show any signs of being Chester fans, no chanting, no scarves until they took them to wear after they went through to the ground. To clear up any confusion, concessions include students (with cards), pensioners over 65 and those with a GMPTE bus pass, also those that are carers. The club used to have a sign outside the door, but have not replaced it this season, again, not our fault.

I think the club should put that sign back. An acquaintance of mine has a mildly autistic son. He is not visibly disabled and is about 30 years old, but he is considered disabled enough to qualify for a GMPTE concessionary pass which is accepted as proof of his disability at Macclesfield, Stockport, FCUM and several others. But he was refused entry at the discount rate at Alty.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 07:16:05 PM »

I think the club should put that sign back. An acquaintance of mine has a mildly autistic son. He is not visibly disabled and is about 30 years old, but he is considered disabled enough to qualify for a GMPTE concessionary pass which is accepted as proof of his disability at Macclesfield, Stockport, FCUM and several others. But he was refused entry at the discount rate at Alty.

This would make the turnstyle operator's life even more difficult. I am actually a carer but this is the first time I knew it may entitle me to consessions for entry to football matches. I dont intend using my responsibilities for this reason, but others may feel they are entitled to do so.

GoneFishing

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 07:23:16 PM »

Redhill the point is the person you care for would not be able to attend the game without you. So you get in at the same price as him/her.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 10:04:35 PM »

The Police were aware of the game and also of the number of Chester Fans expected and, I believe, did not consider it necessary to have a presence there from Kick Off. Their decisiion and not the Clubs.

I spoke to a Chester Official after the game who intimated that the interlopers had come without colours but with Altrincham addresses memorised in case they were asked by Police or Stewards to "prove" that they were, as they claimed to be, Alty Fans.

I would also remind you all that Stewards are not there to get themselves assaulted by wading into certain situations. I witnessed the second serving of aggro and the Stewarding staff in the Golf Road end did what I would want them to do and moved "innocent" Alty fans away from the site of the problem.

VofD

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 10:53:27 PM »

Sorry to be pedantic: but actually,and I have a verification e-mail from the chairman, the concession age is actually 60,irrespective of gender.

Many thanks for your good efforts.

JDN

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 12:47:45 AM »

Sorry to be pedantic: but actually,and I have a verification e-mail from the chairman, the concession age is actually 60,irrespective of gender.

Many thanks for your good efforts.
bit worrying that a gateman dosent even know the correct concession age

Perhaps this is why he gets so much abuse?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 02:33:31 AM »

Are you really worried by this ?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 02:37:52 AM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

MotherHen

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 02:39:32 AM »

Unfortunately, people seem to like abuse more than praise.   Seems to keep them going!
Probably makes them feel better about themselves.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team