News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Believe...and Hockaday must stay!

Author Topic: Believe...and Hockaday must stay!  (Read 1303 times)

markecky

« on: March 15, 2011, 11:31:48 PM »

At half time tonight we were down.  Simple as that.

Now we aren't and we can beat Tamworth and be right in the mix.

We'll need the supporters behind us again.  Decent effort tonight..a lot of nerves and we have to try and stay postive if we go one down.  The feeling when that second went in was immense.

Credit to the players for the second half and a special mention for Stevie Connors...played like his life depended on it .

We have to pray that they keep that clown of a manager because there were dreadful...came for 0-0 and when they went 1-0 they should have gone for the second and ended the game.

Looking at their forum they couldn't believe that Bartlett their right back started tonight as he was apparently terrible on Saturday..no change tonight then.

I take heart in three things tonights:

1) Colin Peakes Face

2) Our second half fight

3) We have a chance.  And we have to play them again!

Come on Alty!

« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:16:42 AM by markecky »

York Alty

Re: Believe...and Hockaday must stay!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 11:50:18 PM »

nice forum FGR have!  one or two dissenting voices amidst a clamour to get rid of charlie cairoli the manager. 

Particularly enjoyed the pop at Alty manager Graham Heathcote, now I know they are a backward cluib in a backward part of the country but does it really take THAT long for news to get to Nailsworth?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 12:36:38 AM »

Aside from the precious three points that we gained tonight, the principal comfort I took from that game was the fact that the abhorrent FGR were easily one of the poorest teams I have witnessed at Moss Lane this season.

There is still hope for us.

Oh, and that bespectacled assistant manager of FGR was an utter embarrassment to that fatuous club from the middle of nowhere.

May they soon disappear back into the oblivion from whence they came.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 12:39:38 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 08:40:28 AM »

Believe indeed!

At half time we were almost dead and buried... the atmosphere was gone, morale was low, there was actualy talk of how we were going to rebuild the team in the BSN and where to go from here...

Then a different team turned up second half, and the rest is history. That is the team I'm hoping to see on Saturday. Connors was simply magnificent.

The most important thing is there is still hope, and I'm grateful for that this morning.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team