Oxford

Author Topic: Oxford  (Read 2966 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Oxford
« on: January 12, 2009, 03:33:48 PM »

5 point deduction and a £500 fine.

Where is the consistency? This league is an absolute joke!
Come on Alty!

Stockportalty

Re: Oxford
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 03:38:08 PM »

You just beat me to it, I was just about to post when  I noticed you had got there first. It will be interesting to see why it is 5 points instead of 11.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 03:41:56 PM »

It will be interesting to see why it is 5 points instead of 11.

Because they're a big club.

If that was us or another club of similar stature we'd have been docked the full 11 points, no question. It's absolutely scandalous!
Come on Alty!

fuertes

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 04:42:20 PM »

11 points would have been harsh, but you're right, strictly speaking and with a reasonable level of consistency they should have been hit with the same deduction that we were. It's exactly the same offence, the only difference being that ours was excusable since it's not common practice to check that a lad signed from Accrington Stanley Reserves got international clearance from the Icelandic club he played for in the past.

The Red Baron

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 05:23:41 PM »

Yeah I also wondered why 5 points and not 11.  ???

Don't think either deduction will have any massive effect on Oxford's season though.

However, I must say I love the fact that we've gone up a place in the league without having played a game in what seems an eternity!  ;D

cheeky trucker

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 05:35:10 PM »

Poor decision it seems. If Oxford won eleven points with this ineligible player than they should be docked those eleven points surely? The precedent was set surely when Alty lost all those points, today's decision should've reflected that.

Anyone any clue as to why it was only five?

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 05:42:55 PM »

What a joke, however I am not surprised as precedents appear to be ignored in this league especially when they've been set by decisions which have been made against Alty

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 05:53:07 PM »

From what I can make it out it looks as if the paperwork was sent off but never arrived at Conf HQ! Presumably Oxford wll have proved it was sent thats why the points deduction is about half of what it could've been. Perhaps being full-time means you can't afford Recorded Delivery?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 06:07:26 PM »

It should be 11 pts deduction for the simple reason that if they finish just outside the relegation zone then some other poor club will get relegated instead of them...  Typical of the inconsistancies that the people who make judgement on these things ... rules are rules but obviously it boils down to who you know.....

Its disgraceful...

radcliffe alty

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 08:03:05 PM »

Don't worry. I'm sure that Mr C. Peake from the friendly club on the hill will be looking into this as we speak, given the minimal points deduction is actually to detriment of his football club. In fact, the email to all other clubs in the league has probably already been sent.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 10:45:29 PM »

Fwiw, the right decision has probably been reached in the circumstances. I know we were shafted but that was because of certain individuals/clubs threatening and forcing the conference into a corner. We didn't need a decison like this to prove that.

I'm glad that there is now a more realistic decision to use as a precedent than ours, altho Hughesy has rightly said that perhaps decudting full points and then bringing it down to this on appeal might be slightly more consistent. Clearly the conference's own procedures are culpable here so it is about right.

However, clearly the points have been reduced. To offset this the fine (which should be the main thing for clerical errors) should have been much higher. It still sticks in my craw that we were fined £1000. Oxford and Crawley should be made to pay the fines which are currently suspended (which I think are £3,500 and £1,500 respectively).
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Oxford