Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics pay off debts to tax man, ex players an FA Cup opponents!

Author Topic: Vics pay off debts to tax man, ex players an FA Cup opponents!  (Read 2012 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 08, 2009, 10:09:19 PM »

Oh hang on a minute, no they don't, they've signed Salisbury's keeper permanently and given him an 18 MONTH CONTRACT!!  :o  :o

http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/vics/news/4032019.TRANSFER_WINDOW__Clarke_makes_move_permanent/

What an absolute disgrace, and I mean truly. Absolutely shocking.  ::)

RocketDan

Re: Vics pay off debts to tax man, ex players an FA Cup opponents!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 10:10:57 PM »

but they are going bust in 5 months.
what about the other 13, will he get paid for that?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 10:11:57 PM »

I truly can't believe this, it's completely and utterly wrong that they're being allowed to get away with it.
Come on Alty!

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 10:51:51 AM »

In fairness a lot of their fans agree this is out of order.

However, some Vics fans are up in arms that the conference may impose a transfer embargo...how dare they? this would mean relegation for the vics...that's not fair is it? why should they be forced to drop to their natural level and live within their means?

I'm sure the tax man wil be watching and there will be no excuses for them not to pay their dues.

At least we could show we'd cut our cloth and were genuinely paying what we could afford when we were in a similar position.

Good luck to 'em anyway...we need the 6 points!!!

Vics need to do an Alty and languish in the conf N for a good few years putting their debt before the playing side and then build a strong foundation to come back like we did...it'll be interesting to see if they can grit their teeth and bite the bullett.

Little CamVic

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 10:58:50 AM »

In fairness a lot of their fans agree this is out of order.

However, some Vics fans are up in arms that the conference may impose a transfer embargo...how dare they? this would mean relegation for the vics...that's not fair is it? why should they be forced to drop to their natural level and live within their means?

I'm sure the tax man wil be watching and there will be no excuses for them not to pay their dues.

At least we could show we'd cut our cloth and were genuinely paying what we could afford when we were in a similar position.

Good luck to 'em anyway...we need the 6 points!!!

Vics need to do an Alty and languish in the conf N for a good few years putting their debt before the playing side and then build a strong foundation to come back like we did...it'll be interesting to see if they can grit their teeth and bite the bullett.

One Vics fan! A college guy called tricky who makes Mad Mat seem like a stable character. Please don't judge us all by his bi-polar standards.

I can assure you that the rest of us are pretty embarrassed by the whole thing. But as usual there is very little we can do about it.

Feel free to laugh at our club, however, leave the fans out of it this time!

As for biting the bullet...I just can't see it happening. It seems that rational thought went out of the window some time ago.

Can't see you getting your six points somehow!

Narcissist

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 11:24:57 AM »

In all fairness, given what happened to Halifax, Scarborough etc, who bit the bullet and accepted the only way forward it would still be unjust if vics ended up languishing in BSN for a few years.

Surely in consistency with many other clubs they should end up in NW counties as a fans club. Their fans seem to be the only people with any genuine interest in pride of NVFC. Its a shame that fans have no option but to run the club themselves because no one (or three) men can ever withstand the temptation to throw caution to the wind carelessly.

RocketDan

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 11:40:10 AM »

“I’ve had three or four chief execs from other clubs on the phone asking how we’ve pulled this deal off,” he said at the time.

errrrr.. yes, that sounds about right.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team