PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Serious question
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Serious question  (Read 6506 times)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Serious question
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2022, 11:03:07 AM »

I was one of the ones who wanted Jordan back. However, his sustained absence at the end of last season made me wonder.
We are where we are.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2022, 11:27:24 AM »

That's rubbish. He was very fit before he chose to leave and amply supplied by JJ.

I think at the moment we are losing by slim margins,

As I read it the manager was hoping to pick up lame players and develop them. It takes time.
I'm referring to his absence levels and goals since his return . Both really poor

Sorry, I misunderstood. When he did match summarrising the other week he said he wanted to play with a mangled hand but wasn't allowed.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2022, 11:30:13 AM »

I was one of the ones who wanted Jordan back. However, his sustained absence at the end of last season made me wonder.
We are where we are.
I was happy to have him back as well as when on form he is a force to be reckoned with . The prolonged abscence at the back end of last season seemed perculiar to me it was concussion originally I think but then he didn't play another game ....he must be one of our highest paid as well
Come on you red and white........

RobskiRobin

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2022, 12:06:10 PM »

We are where we are.

It was a signing out of sentiment and desperation.

If you take out the emotion of what we know he was before leaving for Fylde, his goal scoring record for them - in a league lower - was akin to Byron Harrison.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2022, 01:46:04 PM »

We are where we are.

If you take out the emotion of what we know he was before leaving for Fylde, his goal scoring record for them - in a league lower - was akin to Byron Harrison.

He scored 30 goals in 2 seasons with us at that level.. what do you think has changed?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2022, 02:31:24 PM »

We are where we are.

He scored 30 goals in 2 seasons with us at that level.. what do you think has changed?

He's older and less fit and more injury prone (sadly).
Never go back is a truism.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2022, 08:21:10 PM »

Surprised we didn't go for a hybrid model this season, to at least reduce the turnover of players during the summer, and transition to full time next season.

Totally agree

Yes

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2022, 09:47:19 PM »

Surprised we didn't go for a hybrid model this season, to at least reduce the turnover of players during the summer, and transition to full time next season.

Totally agree

Yes

Weymouth used the hybrid model last season and it didn’t work out so well for them.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2022, 12:29:16 PM »

Am I the only one that doesn't think the squad is as far off the pace as people are making them out to be?

Surely a slow start to the season was entirely predictable given the player turnover?

We've drawn a lot of games we should have won, which simply tells me that the players haven't quite clicked together yet.

Investment in some more experienced players - and a proper centre forward for a change - would be extremely welcome at this point.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Serious question