PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Parkinson
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Parkinson  (Read 15283 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Parkinson
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2022, 08:54:00 AM »

If we aspire to be in this league (or higher) long term, then full time is required. End of.
If we can't afford it with average gates over two thousand we never will.

Oh and by the way, let's keep backing the management team because we're never going to get a better one. Some very short memories on here.

I'm sorry but never going to get a better one? That's nonsense. If they left tomorrow, we'd have a better calibre of manager apply than when Sinnot left. And the reason we went to NOLm

As much as we won the NPL, We've lost 3 games by 5 goals. At what point do we stop talking about something from the previous decade?

Parkinson is a good manager and when we click, that is our best chance of EFL, for now, but that philosophy could continue under others.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 08:57:14 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2022, 11:25:12 AM »

PP is a very good manager at NPL and NLN level his record proves that. At NL level however I feel it is a step too far too soon.

We haven’t kept a clean sheet since October 9th. That’s 23 games!!

2 clean sheets all season = relegation

We have conceded 2 or more goals in a game on 21 occasions from 31 games in all comps which is very worrying.

Since PP and NS have gone full time we’ve got worse not better

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2022, 01:02:15 PM »

PP is a very good manager at NPL and NLN level his record proves that. At NL level however I feel it is a step too far too soon.

We haven’t kept a clean sheet since October 9th. That’s 23 games!!

2 clean sheets all season = relegation

We have conceded 2 or more goals in a game on 21 occasions from 31 games in all comps which is very worrying.

Since PP and NS have gone full time we’ve got worse not better

I prefer to look at the positives of this, i.e. the bizarre league conditions meaning they've effectively had lots of free practice.

They'll be all too aware that time will soon start running out - potentially if we start next season slowly.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2022, 06:55:17 PM »

Question for those on here who know their stats: I we ranked all the teams in NL and NLN in order, and indicated which were FT and which PT, whereabouts would Alty be?
I really struggling to understand why Hashtag and (some) others are so outraged; if you look at what we are up against, is it really any surprise we are where we are?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2022, 07:59:56 PM »

Question for those on here who know their stats: I we ranked all the teams in NL and NLN in order, and indicated which were FT and which PT, whereabouts would Alty be?
I really struggling to understand why Hashtag and (some) others are so outraged; if you look at what we are up against, is it really any surprise we are where we are?

Which part of 1 win, 2 clean sheets in 23 games would you. Like me to be happy about?

It's all my fault.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2022, 08:39:18 PM »

We are very much a small edible fish in a pond inhabited by large sharks and piranha.  We were once top of the non-league food chain and earned our keep by shocking some of the countries most famous clubs with our FA cup performances.  Replays against Everton and Spurs meant that approximately 140,000 people altogether attended these four games and Alty got half the gate receipts.  The money we received funded our rise to the pinnacle of non-league football

We were the envy of all the non-league and our ground funded in the greater part by Noel White & Peter Swales in the late 60s was by far the best at our level and passed muster for football league status.  Macclesfield, by contrast, were languishing near the bottom of the NPL during the decade that we were at our best.

When Alty returned to the National league two seasons ago  I held out hope that we just might be on course for a return to something akin to those halcyon days.  We, the fans, really do deserve something good to happen.  We have waited such a long time, however, I feel that our wait is still a long time from over and maybe beyond my lifetime.

I think that Parky deserves the chance to preserve our place in the National League.  Our position is somewhat precarious but I think that that will be case no matter who we have at the helm until the end of this season.  We still have plenty of winnable games left yet.

One thing is for sure, unless we receive significant inward investment we have no future at this level.  I feel that the club is broken and there may be more hurt ahead as things continue to fall apart.

There is no easy way to say this, but the ground is a dump and needs major redevelopment.  If the fanszone project is anything to go by then then God help us.

RobskiRobin

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2022, 08:40:17 PM »

That’s because I don’t support happy clapping fc. Like it or not, I’m an Altrincham fan not a PP fan.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2022, 10:27:48 PM »

We are very much a small edible fish in a pond inhabited by large sharks and piranha.  We were once top of the non-league food chain and earned our keep by shocking some of the countries most famous clubs with our FA cup performances.  Replays against Everton and Spurs meant that approximately 140,000 people altogether attended these four games and Alty got half the gate receipts.  The money we received funded our rise to the pinnacle of non-league football

We were the envy of all the non-league and our ground funded in the greater part by Noel White & Peter Swales in the late 60s was by far the best at our level and passed muster for football league status.  Macclesfield, by contrast, were languishing near the bottom of the NPL during the decade that we were at our best.

When Alty returned to the National league two seasons ago  I held out hope that we just might be on course for a return to something akin to those halcyon days.  We, the fans, really do deserve something good to happen.  We have waited such a long time, however, I feel that our wait is still a long time from over and maybe beyond my lifetime.

I think that Parky deserves the chance to preserve our place in the National League.  Our position is somewhat precarious but I think that that will be case no matter who we have at the helm until the end of this season.  We still have plenty of winnable games left yet.

One thing is for sure, unless we receive significant inward investment we have no future at this level.  I feel that the club is broken and there may be more hurt ahead as things continue to fall apart.

There is no easy way to say this, but the ground is a dump and needs major redevelopment.  If the fanszone project is anything to go by then then God help us.
lots of good stuff in your post . The hard thing about the ground is as well there is only so much you can relaistically do with the ground due to its location .

As we know the local residents have never really been that open to significant change . They don't even like lots of cars on match day for example

We need significant and substained investments in the ground and team to push on the likes of which  we have never seen before here
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 10:29:39 PM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2022, 10:50:14 PM »

We are very much a small edible fish in a pond inhabited by large sharks and piranha.

One thing is for sure, unless we receive significant inward investment we have no future at this level.

Pretty much sums it up.

We are punching far above our weight in almost every match we play.  And equating realism with 'happy clapping' need to give their head a wobble.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2022, 11:27:01 PM »

Indeed, I( was watching  a broadcast by Stephen Howson, a Man U fan, member of the Stretford Paddock Man U supporters Youtube site and manager of the Stretford Paddock non league team. He expressed how impressive the NL and NLN are with the quality of football and described the logjam of so many very good teams fighting for positions in the league.
As a semi-pro team we have a significant disadvantage against whet he described as "League 3" of the EFL

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2022, 08:16:46 AM »

I agree with a lot of what you say - however to go as far as suggesting the 'club is broken' is really unfair in my opinion.

We reached this level quicker than we thought we would, and we're now playing catch up as a result.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2022, 08:47:51 AM »

I agree with a lot of what you say - however to go as far as suggesting the 'club is broken' is really unfair in my opinion.

We reached this level quicker than we thought we would, and we're now playing catch up as a result.

5 year plan was, so we surely must have had a contingency of "well the challenge in year 3 might be successful"

NPL - Year 1
Con North - Year 2
Conference North Challenge - Year 3
Conference North Challenge - Year 4
Conference Prem - Year 5
It's all my fault.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2022, 09:33:09 AM »

Condate, I agree with most of what you say and certainly when we were top dog in NL was completely different ball game to today. The NL is non league by name but certainly not with the teams that have sank into it over the last decade or more. The majority are full time as we know and have big budgets mostly fed by investors with deep pockets, and even so, only 1 is assured promotion and the other a play off lottery. Its definitely harder this year/season, with the money Wrexham and Stockport have to recruit to name but 2. PP is correct in saying we punch above our weight and money is not the means for success but it certainly helps. Up until the last few months I've enjoyed PP approach to the matches we have a go and play some good football. That has changed, down to injuries, covid, bad recruitment, players moving on etc maybe, but we need to go back to basic's, tighten up at the back, start to close and put pressure on the ball and get back to quick passing football with slight plan B so were not always playing from the back. Confidence is low and its fine margins to success. In the medium to longer term we need more investment on and off the pitch to fulfil our dreams of league football that we have deserved in the past, but the goal is moving further away I feel, certainly this season. Hopefully PP and the team can get the MoJO back and we can pick some points up soon.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2022, 10:00:05 AM »

I agree with a lot of what is said here. This is now effectively FL3 in my view, and the movement of clubs up and down the divisions is more striking and fluid than ever. You can't compare this division now even with the old conference of the 90s and certainly not with the NPL of the 60s and 70s. The structures and set ups were completely different.

There is no way this is a broken club, the attendances and off the pitch commercial action show that. Over 3,500 for a midweek game with Solihull spoke volumes about how we have progressed. This is a very different club from the one a few years ago and it's far better for it.

But as has been said, we have come a long way in a very short time and things have caught up with us. I am optimistic that we will come through this, the overall mood is positive and pragmatic on the whole and I think we have the right people at the top.

As for PP, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now but this season has been appalling at times (money or not) and what he has done at lower levels can only count for so much.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2022, 12:58:07 PM »

There is no way this is a broken club

I have to say I found it very difficult to say that the club is broken and it is not intended as a slight towards those who work and volunteer so hard at the club.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Parkinson