News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays Game

Author Topic: Todays Game  (Read 3612 times)

Butty

Todays Game
« on: August 11, 2007, 06:44:25 PM »

Yet again we were let down by our fitness and ability to keep up with full time teams late on in the match but on the whole i thought we played (in the first half anyway) pretty well. The crows was pretty lively as well and vocal as ever but we need a few more chants as we had run thru them all in the first ten minutes ;D

Tom Cosgrave

Re: Todays Game
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 06:47:06 PM »

Sedgemore didnt play well at all today

altyf

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 07:46:28 PM »

Sedgemore didnt play well at all today
Talking out of your a*se mate, he was one of our best players out there and showed me hes got pace i really didnt realise he had!
looked very fit and able and set pieces were top notch! Showed potential to be a great player and i thought he and val will both be magnifiscent this season!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 10:05:06 PM »

Some thing's today begger my belief :

1) Aspinall at left back. Before him (IMHO) Scott, Rose and Coo

2) Tinson MOM. Decent game I aggree but to lose at home 1-4 (an unjust score too boot) and a central defender gets MOM.

3) Heatcotes rant during and after the game. If he was upset by Blue Squares 9/1 price of being joint fav. as the 1st manager to go he'll pissed off at the revised price of evens!

Apart from the injured Peyton that's the most creative teams we could put out, and all be it against a good side we did not create enough chances.

Full time and proud of it

lukealty12

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 10:10:39 PM »

I actually agree jake wasnt brilliant but i also think val was qualty didnt shake a tackle or anything, sure was a contender for MOM.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 11:41:40 PM »

I was in the family stand level with the 18 yard line all game.

We actually created enough chances to win the game.

The pivotal person was the linesman covering the chequers end, he missed several offsides and cost us the game. The referee also made a No of blunders over corners which also cost us.

Aspinall did ok, he was the fittest available. Scott aint fit! Coo was absent all week who else can we play there?

They were quality but we nearly got something from the game we expected to loose.

Hopefully Tuesday will bring a change of fortune?

altyf

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 08:10:54 AM »

Personally, think azza convinced me he can play left back yesterday, didnt see him do anything wrong, and thought both tinson and val were brilliant, two main contenders for MOM.

bighairedmike

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 09:33:52 AM »

We have a different opinion yet again. I agree with what you said last week about Aspinall at left back and i think he was probably the worst player on the pitch today. He was always out of position but, to be fair, he did make a few good tackles. Dont think he can play left back at all against Conference teams.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 09:39:22 AM by bighairedmike »

PartyTownRobin

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 09:59:37 AM »

i thouht aspinall was weak to be honest im not quite sure whats happened to the other options

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 10:02:01 AM »

Aspinall tried his best, but when he's awful in his natural position, do we really expect him to be any better playing out of position? Exeter saw that side was weak and exploited it again and again :(

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 10:32:58 AM »

We need to move on from the LB position we appear to broadcast it to the world.

Aspinall out of position did his best leave him alone, his heart is for the club.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 11:02:33 AM »

Aspinal had a steadyish game yesterday to be fair. We only conceded 1 goal i.e. 25% from that flank which is less than usual.  :P

I'm philosophical about it, unhappy that we ahvent signed one but now that we don't have one just get on with it. For me we  have other problems, but you know, tehy had  atouch of quality. When we did push forward we got picked off. With 10 mins left we sent on Matt BErkeley to see if he could do owt, they sent on Steve Basham and Lee Elam, 2 top quality players who we could never afford reallly.

Against a lesser team we amy have won.

Our season won't be decided by home games against Exeter and co.

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 11:53:42 AM »

Whether Aspinall was the fittest "left back" that we have, the simple matter is that he is not good enough at this level?! He was fond on on numerous occassions today and it was topped off when the Exeter Centre half was telling his full back to play on the left back. I'm not sure that he won a tackle all day and he didn't seem at the races.

Exeter were/are a very good team and will turn a good number of teams over this season...

If Alty are going to stay up then it's the six pointers that will give us the best opportunity of doing so - Starting on Tuesday when in my opinion a draw would be a good result for us.

Positives from today were that Sedgemore, Tinson and Owen all looked good. Lawton to his credit worked hard, but we all know he does that every game, would potts have given us more attacking options going forward? or would we have been on the back foot defensively from the 1st minute?

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 07:28:47 PM »

Incase anyone forgot,Boston were at home to Workington yesterday.I'd rather get beat 4-1 at home to Exeter than be playing Workington.

Onwards to Tuesday,and I see no reason why we can't get a point or 3
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays Game