News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chalmers v Craney

Author Topic: Chalmers v Craney  (Read 2522 times)

Altysmiffy

Chalmers v Craney
« on: March 08, 2007, 12:40:48 AM »

Who is the best and who has the potential to be the best?

Any thoughts?

jill06

Re: Chalmers v Craney
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 05:14:53 PM »

at the moment its got to be craney, down to the fact he has got himself into league 1. but to be honest in time i think lewis will follow his footsteps and make that move. comparing them as players, id go with lewis, they are matched quite evenly skill and technique wise, but lewis's excellent heading and throwing attributes wins it for me.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 05:36:52 PM »

different type of players , craney a flare player , lewis is'nt really.Id go for craney personally .

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chalmers v Craney - A complication just for us Old Buggers
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 07:27:54 PM »

So how would either or both stand in comparison to Nicky Daws?

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 08:57:36 PM »

The two are totally different players, Craney is more skillful from an attacking and dribbling point of view, whilst Chalmers is more of a grafter and a much better header of the ball.  Chalmers is certainly capable of having a future as good as Craney's. 

Daws? Craney will achieve more in his career I reckon.

York Alty

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 10:23:11 PM »

Ian Craney

Lewis Chalmers

Nicky Daws

in that order.  Ian Craney is a superb player, a dream to watch for The Alty.  Mr. Chalmers has the potential to go on and I hope he does, wearing the beloved red and white stripes.

Mind you that Mr Tunnacliffe was some player to.  Is that right?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 11:53:18 PM »

Just my view but Nicky Daws made his first team debut at sixteen and when he left us he'd played about 3/4 of his last season at no more than 70 - 75% of his capacity and was still head, shoulders, chest, in fact everything from the waist upwards above anybody else playing at the time.

What turned out not to be quite so lucrative a move for either Alty or Nick really wasn't his fault. he was an absolute hero at Bury, not missing a match for years.

I just wonder what a Nicky Daws in his pomp would generate the Club in transfer money now.

Apologies for the nostalgic ramblings folks  ??? ???

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 01:17:21 AM »

Just my view but Nicky Daws made his first team debut at sixteen and when he left us he'd played about 3/4 of his last season at no more than 70 - 75% of his capacity and was still head, shoulders, chest, in fact everything from the waist upwards above anybody else playing at the time.

What turned out not to be quite so lucrative a move for either Alty or Nick really wasn't his fault. he was an absolute hero at Bury, not missing a match for years.

I just wonder what a Nicky Daws in his pomp would generate the Club in transfer money now.

Apologies for the nostalgic ramblings folks  ??? ???

I agree entirely with you Phil, no really, Dawsy was a genuine class act. Like you say Bury signed him for 10k and he set a record for consecutive appearances taking them up a division or 2. You mention  him at 70-75% in his last season, everyone else was at 60%. More to the point,he was exceptional in his debut season and just utterly awesome in the 90-91 side. Legend.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chalmers v Craney