News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Another Petition

Author Topic: Another Petition  (Read 3834 times)

AFCWdon

Another Petition
« on: March 07, 2007, 09:25:38 AM »

Hello and firstly let me thank you for all your support for our efforts so far. This may come across as a little spam like, but we're using our supporter base to publicise our predicament in the hope that the football authorities see some sense and implement changes to benefit all levels of football. Here's the more elaborated version of the petition basis:
"The FA and the Ryman league have recently imposed extraordinarily harsh penalties (£12,000 fine, expulsion from the FA Trophy and an 18 point deduction) on our club for an innocuous administrative oversight.  No unfair advantage was either sought or gained when we failed to realise that an International Clearance Certificate (ICC) was needed when we recently signed an English player from a club playing in the English League and participating in the English FA Cup.  The FA considered that the lack of an ICC meant the player was ‘ineligible’.
      However, given these facts, you may yourself be wondering why an ICC was required at all.  The club in question was Cardiff City and, despite their full participation in English football, their players are registered with the Welsh FA.  When a player moves from the jurisdiction of one country’s FA to another, an ICC is needed to confirm that he has no outstanding bookings or suspension.
      The player concerned is a very clean footballer so not only did he have no outstanding bookings or suspension but the lack of the required ICC only came to light when he received his first booking for us, by which time he had already played in 3 cup games and 11 league games.  Frustratingly, when we were made aware of the need to get an ICC, this took a total of one hour and 3 e-mails.
      I hope that you too recognise the enormity of the injustice and the complete lack of any proportionality between ‘crime’ and punishment and feel able to support us in this matter."

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/wimbledon/

Please consider signing up to this, in order to prevent other clubs being punished to a degree far greater than for fixing matches or being financially unstable when a purely administrative oversight occurs. I'll admit that we did wrong, the FA have already stated that no benefit from the error was gained and yet our season has been decimated.

Again, thank you for the support already shown by your official website.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Another Petition
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 10:46:53 AM »

Done :)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 10:56:01 AM »

Me too :)

lukealty12

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 03:50:46 PM »

done

samba

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 06:23:28 PM »

Also done.

AFCWdon

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 08:56:14 AM »

Thank you everyone, let's hope some good will come of this.

Dianne

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 04:22:42 PM »

Done

bighairedmike

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 09:42:27 PM »

12,000 is ever so slightly ott. we thought 1,000 was bad.

there yu go m8. done it. and i hope they reverse it. that is jus way too much.

alty_fc_senny

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 01:13:59 PM »

Done it mate and good luck i think that is way over the top
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Another Petition