Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 For me the highlights of this season have been...

Author Topic: For me the highlights of this season have been...  (Read 2148 times)

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 17, 2023, 11:30:30 AM »

Virtually everything that Coco and CCC had a hand in.  I think that it may be some time before we have two players as good as them at the club together at the same time. They were class.

Maxi is the best young prospect that we have seen for a long time.  He cuts through defensive lines like a hot knife through butter and is a pleasure to watch. He reminds me a lot of Duncan.

The late equaliser and Ollie Byrne's fantastic penalty save against Wrexham brought back to me a sense of excitement that I hadn't felt since before Covid lockdown started (Who cares if it was only their reserve team).

The FAT Quarter Final game at York was magic.  I loved every single minute of it and was especially pleased that Jordan scored.

The Good Friday Away-day at Oldham generated a great atmosphere and what a last 10 minutes we had there.

We reached the Trophy Semi-Final and who didn't think after 89 minutes we were about to do enough to make our 4th trip to Wembley? Who amongst us can honestly say that they were not enjoying themselves up until that point?

On balance I have enjoyed myself and I'm not bothered where we finish in the table now so long as we don't go down.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: For me the highlights of this season have been...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 03:29:19 PM »

Well said UA , positive vibes . We all feel on a downer at times ( and results ) like now and there are a number of issues both on and off the pitch we don't agree with and rightly so , however , lest we forget where we were before Phil and Neil rescued the sinking ship that was our team. Far more positives than otherwise imho.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2023, 05:51:30 PM »

Think it's safe to say I was enjoying the FAT SF up to about 88 minutes.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2023, 05:55:14 PM »

Well said.

This may end up being the first season we end up going slightly backwards position and PPG wise, but who can say they're surprised by that, given the context?

We have a new (full-time) platform to build on now, the team is young but will get more experienced, the management will learn from in-game flaws, and we'll get stronger.

There's only one direction we're likely to head if we lose the management duo, so let's hope they stay and continue to push us into the top half of this league.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2023, 07:27:39 AM »

Agree with almost everything UA posts.  The atmosphere in the matches against Wrexham and York were special and reminded me of why I support Alty and football at this level generally.  On the flip side, the woeful mismanagement by the officials and our stewards at the end of the Trophy semi-final, when the deliberate and sustained interference of the net was allowed to continue casts a shadow over the positives; I am afraid the weak officiating we witnessed that afternoon will continue to irk me for some time yet (and I really, really don't care if anyone thinks I/we need to 'move on').

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2023, 07:44:11 PM »

Think it's safe to say I was enjoying the FAT SF up to about 88 minutes.
I was not enjoying the second half knowing only too well that a second goal was needed as I watched the chances go begging..........we all knew Fax had a goal in them, so I found the apprehension severely limited enjoyment
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 07:46:05 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2023, 10:12:17 PM »

Ill be delighted when this seasons over. Its felt like a huge chore punctuated by pockets of enjoyment.

Bracknel, York, Halifax away, December, York (H), but the at home match experience has been embarrassing, shambolic and I don't know if Ill buy a ST next year

Away games have been a pain to get to via trains.

Glad for the seaosn to be over
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2023, 10:42:32 PM »

Can't get to many games these days but got the STs today.
Whatever the problems we seem to have nowadays, I'd rather have them than how I felt when we were relegated from the CN and looked to be really staring into the abyss.
A few seasons of NL midtable anonymity with the odd cup run thrown in coupled with full time football and home crowds more than doubling is fine by me as we stabilise and steadily improve.
Come on you Robins 👍 🇦🇹
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2023, 07:13:45 AM »

Biggest highlight for me overall was the way we continue to grow as a support base and engage with the town and beyond. Some tremendous crowds this season, and we cannot afford to let that slip. I also think the way we are commercially and media wise is so much more modern and sharper than a few years ago. No, things are not perfect (repeat, things are not perfect) but the whole cheap and cheerful, tinpot image is slipping away in lots of ways and we are better for it.

On the flip side the stadium and stewarding issues remain and they are a big negative. The popular side in particular is a disgrace and the manner of fencing and segregation on it needs to be clearly and unequivocally addressed by the club. It has remained an issue for god knows how long yet never seems to change.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team