PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Passion
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Passion  (Read 6559 times)

Jenga

Re: Passion
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 12:27:58 PM »

Very flat atmosphere for a 5-1 win.

the reason why the atmosphere was flat was because the game was a dead rubber. We f**ked our chances of winning the league at Stockport on that "special night for the club"

Unbelievable.
Any chance of a positive comment, you really need to sort your head out, because before long you will be down the quacks asking for anti depressants. Get a grip.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 12:51:07 PM »

Last year when we beat droylesden the atmospher was one of the best last season maybe because of the beer besides the atmospher seemed no worse than normal

Without wishing to seem negative, the playoffs were probably perceived as more of an achievement last year because we went on a late run and pulled ourselves into contention, whereas this year there seems to be an air of disappointment at having failed to win the title.

I'm sure the atmosphere will be top notch for the playoff games anyway.
Come on Alty!

Jimmy

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 01:39:45 PM »

After the Stcockport game on friday started a thread questioning the passion of the players.

Surely this was one of the people more interested in drinking beer than singing for the team today.

I have no doubt that the Beer festival brings in a lot of money but surely people could put there glasses down for 90 minutes and get behind the team.

Do you know that for a fact?

markecky

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 01:47:27 PM »

The atmosphere was quiet in the Golf Rd end and the corner as about 50% of the singers stood on the flags.  I enjoy the atmosphere but I can understand why they did it as a one off and at least they were spending money.

I'd like to think they wouldn't have done that if a lot depended on the match and the team didn't really need the support in what was like a training game so no harm done.

It was the same against Droylsden although I think a few more came round 2nd half that game.  It was probably a better atmosphere on the flags!

We'll have it rocking for the playoffs.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 10:49:14 PM »

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah Allltttyyyyy
ParkINson's red and white army

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 11:07:35 PM »

the reason why the atmosphere was flat was because the game was a dead rubber. We f**ked our chances of winning the league at Stockport on that "special night for the club"

Magnificent Uday, Truly and absolutely magnificent!!!!

We win 5-1 and secure a play off place and you have to have a whinge.

Don't REALLY know why I'm surprised though
to be fair it was trouty having a whinge about the flat atmosphere, see OP

GB Alty

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2014, 11:28:08 PM »

Fact or fiction ATS?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2014, 12:06:37 AM »

Opinion

And, oddly (or otherwise?) an increasing number of people seem to disagree with the opinion(s) you have expressed of late

GB Alty

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2014, 09:47:29 AM »

Fact, if we had won at Stockport we would be 2 points behind Telford not 4

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2014, 10:00:05 AM »

Fact, if we had won at Stockport we would be 2 points behind Telford not 4

Fact, had we won at Telford we would be ahead of them. That and the 1st half no-show against Ferriby cost us, not the Stockport game.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

York Alty

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2014, 10:31:20 AM »

Fact, had we not given the ball away in the 90th minute away at Guiseley, they'd not have equalisied and we'd have two more points.

thegazelle

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2014, 11:32:38 AM »

fact if we had won all our games we would be top.
However i can see why some people are dissapointed , i have e always tried to be positive but this season i feel we have underacheived , i saw the first few games up until end october and we never looked like we were playing well, like we did at times last year .

yes we should be top but lets forget our differences in opinion stop bickering and get 100% behind the team we can win promotion still just four wins is all that needed . GET behind them comeon AALTY

and then when we lose in the final we can moan like feck about us bottling it in big games

Jenga

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2014, 12:19:11 PM »

Fact had we beaten Trafford we would have been in the next round of the cup.

Jimmy

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2014, 01:59:53 PM »

I feel we have a mentality of aim for playoffs not aim for league I might be wrong

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2014, 05:15:46 PM »

Unbelievable.
Any chance of a positive comment, you really need to sort your head out, because before long you will be down the quacks asking for anti depressants. Get a grip.

I think the point that Uday is making here (and I'm in agreement with) isn't the 2 dropped points per se, it's the way they dropped. Draws v Histon and Oxford after being 2 up? Not ideal but it happens in football as others have been quick to suggest.

The point is, and I was fairly astounded at the time, that it was do or die for our title hopes at Stockport. More or less guaranteed a play off pplace but to stay in touch with telford going into the last 2 games. We needed 3 points. In the last 10 minutes we had corners but had 4 men back because County left some men up. Luca didn't go up for a couple of them, even with a free kick we had on half way in the last minute he didn't. He should've been up there, so should Stuart Coburn and virtually everybody else!!

It looked to me like we didn't have the balls to truly go for it, if we thought it was a proud night because it was Stockport and a draw was worthy then it's bollocks - they're 15th in the Conference North and they were sh*t and as a club have been on their arse for 5 years no matter how big the ground. That may be unfair, it may have just been we didn't want to lose the game but for me, we didn't have the balls.

And as pleased as I was when Luca scored the Vauxhall, part of me was very frustrated we were prepared to throw him up in as much of a gimme match as I've seen at this level for the corners.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Passion