PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Passion
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Passion  (Read 6560 times)

Trouty

Passion
« on: April 21, 2014, 07:59:57 PM »

After the Stcockport game on friday started a thread questioning the passion of the players.

Surely this was one of the people more interested in drinking beer than singing for the team today.

I have no doubt that the Beer festival brings in a lot of money but surely people could put there glasses down for 90 minutes and get behind the team.

Very flat atmosphere for a 5-1 win.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Passion
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 08:20:32 PM »

I think a lot of people were only here for the beer. How come drinking on the terraces is allowed for this but at no other time?

GB Alty

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 09:24:00 PM »

I think a lot of people were only here for the beer. How come drinking on the terraces is allowed for this but at no other time?
bit odd, the crowd was only 831

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 09:33:37 PM »

I'm not privvy on licensing laws but I'd hazard a guess the club obtained a temporary licence giving them permission to serve alcohol where the stand was and limited area next to it. I can't see anyone having a problem with that surely? Or are you expecting alcohol to be allowed to be consumed all the time on the terraces?

GB Alty

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 09:44:50 PM »

the reason why the atmosphere was flat was because the game was a dead rubber. We f**ked our chances of winning the league at Stockport on that "special night for the club"

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 09:46:10 PM »

I'm not privvy on licensing laws but I'd hazard a guess the club obtained a temporary licence giving them permission to serve alcohol where the stand was and limited area next to it. I can't see anyone having a problem with that surely? Or are you expecting alcohol to be allowed to be consumed all the time on the terraces?

The opposite. I thought it wasn't allowed at all.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 09:49:15 PM »

bit odd, the crowd was only 831
i was disappointed with the crowd given the festival and the nice weather people must have opted to do other things

I think also people may be saving there money for the play offs

Any way really enjoyed standing in the sunshine having a beer :)

Great result as well
ParkINson's red and white army

Trouty

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 09:51:49 PM »

It was allowed at Oxford last week outside the bar.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 10:07:33 PM »

It probably isn't. I'm guessing it was temporary and limited hence the fence and door supervisor

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 11:12:47 PM »

the reason why the atmosphere was flat was because the game was a dead rubber. We f**ked our chances of winning the league at Stockport on that "special night for the club"

Magnificent Uday, Truly and absolutely magnificent!!!!

We win 5-1 and secure a play off place and you have to have a whinge.

Don't REALLY know why I'm surprised though

Hamilton

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 11:15:44 PM »

Well said.

GB Alty

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 07:30:16 AM »

to be fair it was trouty having a whinge about the flat atmosphere, see OP

Jimmy

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 08:03:54 AM »

Last year when we beat droylesden the atmospher was one of the best last season maybe because of the beer besides the atmospher seemed no worse than normal

Hamilton

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 08:35:44 AM »

After the Stcockport game on friday started a thread questioning the passion of the players.

Surely this was one of the people more interested in drinking beer than singing for the team today.

I have no doubt that the Beer festival brings in a lot of money but surely people could put there glasses down for 90 minutes and get behind the team.

As long as the beer wasn't flat!

CountyFan

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 09:55:58 AM »

You had a beer festival at a football match???? If you don't go up this season please try to persuade the powers that be to have one when we visit, I can guarantee it will be a money spinner.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Passion