News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How to get a new central midfielder???

Author Topic: How to get a new central midfielder???  (Read 2344 times)

Trouty

« on: February 05, 2014, 06:30:23 PM »

Everyone is aware (including the management hopefully) that we need a new central midfield player, but where is he going to come from?
Presumably any half decent player is under contract at their present club until the end of the season and  wiil not be released except on loan
which is obviously not ideal.

Last year we struck lucky with Boshell becoming available but cant see us being so lucky again.

I hope Sinnott & Tolson are working hard on trying to be a player in but not sure if anyone worth signing is going to be available
at this time of the season.

Jezza

Re: How to get a new central midfielder???
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 07:12:45 PM »

In close season most fans identified the need for

new centre back...got one in Williams unlucky with his injury, scott leather now doing a sterling job and marshall as cover looks reasonable

a left back...got griffin unproven at the moment and I'd rather have buzz personally

a new central midfielder....we didn't get one, boshell left and initially Wilkinson looked a decent replacement so we are more short now than we were close season...THIS IN MY VIEW IS CAUSING THE PROBLEMS BOTH DEFENSIVELY, CONTROLLING GAMES AND WINNING MATCHES!

a right winger...we got junior and lee was slow to get rid, now we have joe on loan so we haven't solved that one

a replacement for Duncan and back up striker...we got james and kyle....both excellent signings for that purpose but have been used wrongly on occasion.

having kept the likes of Rodgers and lawrie I said at the start of the season we look similar to last season...no better but maybe had more strength in depth.

we will do well at this late stage to sign the quality needed to change things who are motivated (especially if they are on loan)......personally I thought if we'd got a new manager in before xmas he'd have bought in the players required and we'd have gone like a rocket....but of course it could have gone the other way.

If Lee stays for next season he really has to identify the obvious and have a bit of luck with all his signings......and not lose damian or james and a few other key players like luca

Lee also needs now to decide his starting XI and stick to it and get a winning streak going and also focus the minds to eliminate silly individual errors

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 11:08:24 PM »

LS needs to find the best formation and stick to it. It changes every few game. Let the bloody opposition worry about us instead of vice versa

York Alty

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 12:11:20 AM »

LS needs to find the best formation and stick to it. It changes every few game. Let the bloody opposition worry about us instead of vice versa
very good point.

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 12:38:50 PM »

Simple get down to the parks on Sunday and watch some pub football, we can find some decent players there that will be better than our pile of mediocre players.

Hamilton

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 06:13:21 PM »

Danny Higginbotham could do a job there for us........

...Oh!

taxi Phil

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 08:15:05 PM »

Simple get down to the parks on Sunday and watch some pub football, we can find some decent players there that will be better than our pile of mediocre players.
Mmmmmm ! Whatever happened to Leighton McGivern ?

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 10:09:18 PM »

Oh jenga, I do like the simplicity  of your vision. Can I have your babies?

Jenga

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 10:46:11 PM »

Oh jenga, I do like the simplicity  of your vision. Can I have your babies?
Of course, i will be the Golf Road on Saturday.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team