News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Support the team.... Stop yer moaning!

Author Topic: Support the team.... Stop yer moaning!  (Read 2114 times)

AltyFC

« on: March 12, 2008, 09:07:03 AM »

I was at the game last night and I agree the referee had a mare!

The problem I have is with the people that are more obsessed with abusing the ref/opponents than supporting the team. When we changed ends at half time I was near the faithful by the TV gantry and some of the things that people say are laughable! The abuse to the ref was persistent throughout the second half and it didn't seem to have the 'desired' effect!

"Watch yer back, six!"
"You'll never ref at this level again"
etc
etc

Think about it logically...

If you are refereeing and you are getting abused by one set of supporters are you
(a) Give every decision possible to the team supported by the abusive fans or (b) In the back of your mind think "screw you" and from that point on give any marginal decision the other way!?

Abuse to the opposing players in part and parcel of the game but only ends up further motivating them. If I was playing and knew I was getting under the skin of my opponents and their supporters an acknowledgement (abuse, moaning) would be like a pat on the back.

I still think we can hold onto National status but I think we need to concentrate on backing the team and forget about factors which are out of our control!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Support the team.... Stop yer moaning!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 09:42:15 AM »

I totally agree with you, and when i've clamed down the sensible me thinks exactly what you described. An example was the Liner on the popular side getting grief, Crawley get a throw, I cant remember exactley think it was a sub held up play, the Crawley player advances 10 yards down the line, I go mental and the Crawley player jokes with the liner, was anything done.. No, would it have been if he wasn't getting abuse, most probably. The situation is when the Referee changed the game with the sending off most of my energy was aimed at him, and yes it was wrong, it doesn't help the team and my energy should be channelled there, but at the time I can't help !!

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 12:37:44 PM »

I was at the game last night and I agree the referee had a mare!

The problem I have is with the people that are more obsessed with abusing the ref/opponents than supporting the team. When we changed ends at half time I was near the faithful by the TV gantry and some of the things that people say are laughable! The abuse to the ref was persistent throughout the second half and it didn't seem to have the 'desired' effect!

"Watch yer back, six!"
"You'll never ref at this level again"
etc
etc

Think about it logically...

If you are refereeing and you are getting abused by one set of supporters are you
(a) Give every decision possible to the team supported by the abusive fans or (b) In the back of your mind think "screw you" and from that point on give any marginal decision the other way!?

Abuse to the opposing players in part and parcel of the game but only ends up further motivating them. If I was playing and knew I was getting under the skin of my opponents and their supporters an acknowledgement (abuse, moaning) would be like a pat on the back.

I still think we can hold onto National status but I think we need to concentrate on backing the team and forget about factors which are out of our control!
As I qualified Level 6 referee. You shouldn't let the abuse affect you decision making, or react by giving abuse back to crowd, like the linesman alledgely done last night. You should give what you believe is the right decision. I don't blame the ref for not dealing with Crawley's tactics, he was only doing his best. But I also think we didn't  with Crawley's tactics very well. They wound us up, we bit and lost the game.
They really should be beating teams like us

rick28

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 08:38:55 PM »

well said, we always seem to pick on 1 player or the away fans or like you said the ref an forget about our own team. For the last few games of the season lets just get behind the team (which ever 1 he puts out) and be the 12th man because it does make a difference. In a scrappy 0-0 game with 10 mins to go with all the crowd ignoring everyone else and getting right behind the boys its like giving the players an exra 10%, and anything extra will do this time of the year.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 08:44:41 PM »

It would help iof more than two people were left to start songs, you dont need a qualifcation you know, if people think the atmosphere is poor, or want to sing and encourage the team then start a song from time to time.

Butty

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 09:49:43 PM »

What was the 'abuse' the liner gave to supporters? Was it referring to the case of blackpool alty, because all that happened was he shouted wheres that being taken from, and the player taking the throw said, he's pissed (or something like that) and the liner smiled and had a quick laugh. That is not abuse.

James Black

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 11:14:53 PM »

i do hughesy but no on joins in m8

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 09:40:29 AM »

Yes the atmosphere one is one that gets me, people complain about the vocal support but then give up singing after 20mins.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team