News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Creative midfield player

Author Topic: Creative midfield player  (Read 1311 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Creative midfield player
« on: February 21, 2008, 07:17:09 PM »

We do need a big strong striker who is quick and can score, but I feel we need creative players more. None of our midfield have the ability to create a goal, they are all hard working but the wingers hardly ever get to the by line to cross the ball. Little, Senior and Cahill are all fairly small in height but all three are more than capable of scoring when given some cahnces rather than just hoofing balls up head high where there not going to win it. I feel we would benefit from at least one decent winger who can take people on and knock a decent ball in for the likes of Senior who is quality at making movements in the box. We are not scoring simply because we try and play the long ball !!! I personally think a decent wide player or two would benefit us a lot.

Narcissist

Re: Creative midfield player
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 07:57:48 PM »

We need another Craney. Someone who can go down the middle and create, as well as chip in with goals.

The problem is that these players are few and far between. At our level its practically impossible to hold on to a creative midfielder. For me the solution is to drop Little into midfield and play Senior and a target man up front.

Dougals Dad

Re: Creative midfield player
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 08:35:47 PM »

We need another Craney. Someone who can go down the middle and create, as well as chip in with goals.

The problem is that these players are few and far between. At our level its practically impossible to hold on to a creative midfielder. For me the solution is to drop Little into midfield and play Senior and a target man up front.

Maybe a 4-3-1-2 system with Little the "1" and Lawton, King & Peyton as the "3"?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Creative midfield player