PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wonderful news
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Wonderful news  (Read 17674 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wonderful news
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2013, 11:26:19 PM »

Anyone an idea's for fundraising? Buy a brick
@AltyDaz

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2013, 08:00:57 AM »

is it just me,but does the main stand look smaller ,if so will the club be losing some of the stand,or is it just the angle of the camera?
Harold

altyherealtythere

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2013, 08:08:08 AM »

is it going to have a bowling green inside?

i remember there used to be one at tranmere, quite popular, but it was demolished once the building needed significant repair if i remember right.

Jezza

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2013, 08:30:30 AM »

I do hope this wont affect our playing budget for the next couple of seasons. Whilst I appreciate this will benefit the club in the decades to come, it's pointless building really nice facilities if we don't have the squad, the results and the consequently the volume of fans coming through the turnstile to make it worthwhile.

This is known as the Brackley argument!!  ;D ;D ;D

I like the buy a brick idea....

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2013, 09:39:35 AM »

This is great news for the club and the community...

But am I the only one that thinks those pictures look truly awful? Both the one from inside and the one outside the ground. I'm sure some-one could have been a bit more creative with the designs.

Agreed, my hope is that seeing as planning permission hasn't even been sought yet these are just preliminary plans that show where the development will be, its height etc.

For 3/4 of a million quid I'd hope that we can get something a bit nicer looking than an extended portakabin.

+1

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2013, 10:43:29 AM »

What a fantastic development for the club, should be a big boost to future revenue streams, well done all involved!
Does anyone know if there is still going to be a small terrace in front of the new building?

Also looking at the photos I doubt it will look like that when it’s done at least I hope not! (Outside looks fine)
I would tinker it to look like the family stand with a small roof over the new terrace giving that side of the ground  a bit of symmetry.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2013, 10:56:26 AM »

What a fantastic development for the club, should be a big boost to future revenue streams, well done all involved!
Does anyone know if there is still going to be a small terrace in front of the new building?

Also looking at the photos I doubt it will look like that when it’s done at least I hope not! (Outside looks fine)
I would tinker it to look like the family stand with a small roof over the new terrace giving that side of the ground  a bit of symmetry.

If you come down on saturday and see the full plans you will get a far better idea. These two little images are quite condensed and arent very flattering. There is cover over the new terracing. The scheme includes other things as well not mentioned so far in the brief press release so come on down on saturday folks  ;) ;D

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2013, 11:12:12 AM »

UnfortunatelyI i work Saturdays but glad to hear it, do you know if the old bar is being kept or changed?

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2013, 12:10:21 PM »

UnfortunatelyI i work Saturdays but glad to hear it, do you know if the old bar is being kept or changed?

I guess it's quite possible the old bar will be kept for "officials" of visiting teams & Alty FC as the guest lounge down the corridor
is a bit small really.

Hopefully the new bigger bar area in the new building will be used by supporters.

bighairedmike

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2013, 12:35:48 PM »

I'm hoping, especially for the price (which I know will include kitting it out with all the facilities as well), that we get a proper solid brick building along the lines of the Vauxhall Motors bar or the bar at Droylsden. Very good looking rooms, similar to the size we'll be having and can comfortable accommodate everything we need.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2013, 12:59:25 PM »

It becomes a museum and VP area plus part of it will be a new away changing room.

Alty FC Idol

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2013, 01:28:53 PM »

Improved less 'squashed' images attached. Better quality plans will be on show on Saturday afternoon at the Club.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2013, 02:49:44 PM »

This is tremendous news and one of the most exciting things to happen to the club off the field in years. This could have a great impact on the future of the club. Well done to all concerned with getting it this far.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2013, 04:25:41 PM »

it was the photo made the stand look smaller, thanks for the other images Vaduz
Harold

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2013, 08:40:11 PM »

If you come down on saturday and see the full plans you will get a far better idea. These two little images are quite condensed and arent very flattering. There is cover over the new terracing. The scheme includes other things as well not mentioned so far in the brief press release so come on down on saturday folks  ;) ;D
I will be there Ian!!!! :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wonderful news