PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wonderful news
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Wonderful news  (Read 17678 times)

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wonderful news
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2013, 06:06:25 PM »

If there is a little terrace (proper terrace) infront of the hall  then  surely the capacity will increase rather than go down
That only replaces the capacity in front of the barrier. Net effect nil.

I think that Dennis' comment is correct as I'm sure I read somewhere one time that the capacity of the paved standing area isn't included in the club's overall capacity calculation.

That is correct, the flags have no safety barriers so the capacity doesnt count but the pitch fence does.
Puckka
Looks good for the future of the club.
BUT
Is there standing room in front of the hall, or is RIP THE FLAGGERS!!!!! >:(....if we get the red light.

York Alty

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2013, 06:16:40 PM »

If there is a little terrace (proper terrace) infront of the hall  then  surely the capacity will increase rather than go down

I think that Dennis' comment is correct as I'm sure I read somewhere one time that the capacity of the paved standing area isn't included in the club's overall capacity calculation.

That is correct, the flags have no safety barriers so the capacity doesnt count but the pitch fence does.
Puckka
BUT
Is there standing room in front of the hall, or is RIP THE FLAGGERS!!!!! >:(....if we get the red light.

oooh no, I don't think we're getting a red light zone. no no.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2013, 06:17:03 PM »

This is fantastic news for both the club and the local community - I just wish I lived local to be able use the facilities more. Well done to everybody concerned and we will look forward to seeing it come to fruition.

Great effort

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2013, 06:25:50 PM »

If there is a little terrace (proper terrace) infront of the hall  then  surely the capacity will increase rather than go down

that is correct, the flags have no safety barriers so the capacity doesnt count but the pitch fence does.
Puckka
BUT
Of course ;D

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2013, 07:31:24 PM »

Did the club know we weren't going to win the play-offs,so waited for the pain to settle before announcing the best news we've had on the non-football side of things for years!!

Absolutely brilliant news, and the plans put forward make it a win-win situation for everyone. I'm sure I read the other week that the council wanted to bring events to the Moss Lane area of the town (might have been the news about the French festival?), so I would be surprised if it didn't get planning permission. Main obstacle will be the finance, but I'm hopeful everyone connected with the club, including fans, spread this around to get interest and get people involved.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Jimmy

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2013, 08:35:27 PM »

Fantastic news

arnald

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2013, 08:45:29 PM »

great news , im goin to buy a season ticket this year ,how much are they ?

Ste

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2013, 10:15:23 PM »

This is great news for the club and the community...

But am I the only one that thinks those pictures look truly awful? Both the one from inside and the one outside the ground. I'm sure some-one could have been a bit more creative with the designs.

Jezza

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2013, 10:24:39 PM »

functionality over aesthetics.....I think it looks smart on the outside....there will probably be some lettering I'd have thought? Altrincham FC Community centre and museum which would make it less bare.....howabout some poster holders to maybe raise advertising revenue and advertise events?

On the inside it would be nice to mirror the sponsors lounge maybe with a protruding cover and small terrace/ maybe 4 rows of seats but we can't have everything....as Austin powers said "....and I want a toilet seat made of solid gold but it's just not on the cards baby!"

well done to all involved and I look forward to seeing it become reality!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 10:26:43 PM by Jezza »

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2013, 10:41:40 PM »

This is great news for the club and the community...

But am I the only one that thinks those pictures look truly awful? Both the one from inside and the one outside the ground. I'm sure some-one could have been a bit more creative with the designs.

Agreed, my hope is that seeing as planning permission hasn't even been sought yet these are just preliminary plans that show where the development will be, its height etc.

For 3/4 of a million quid I'd hope that we can get something a bit nicer looking than an extended portakabin.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

RocketDan

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2013, 10:48:29 PM »

Without wanting to be a little negative about the development, does anyone know where the money is coming from? I see they aim to raise the ambitious amount of £200k from sponsorships and fundraising, but no mention of the other £550k - will it be coming from the council?

I do hope this wont affect our playing budget for the next couple of seasons. Whilst I appreciate this will benefit the club in the decades to come, it's pointless building really nice facilities if we don't have the squad, the results and the consequently the volume of fans coming through the turnstile to make it worthwhile.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 10:50:42 PM by The Golf Road Grumbler »

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2013, 10:56:54 PM »

Without wanting to be a little negative about the development, does anyone know where the money is coming from? I see they aim to raise the ambitious amount of £200k from sponsorships and fundraising, but no mention of the other £550k - will it be coming from the council?

I do hope this wont affect our playing budget for the next couple of seasons. Whilst I appreciate this will benefit the club in the decades to come, it's pointless building really nice facilities if we don't have the squad, the results and the consequently the volume of fans coming through the turnstile to make it worthwhile.

Have you read what it says on www.Altrinchamfc.co.uk the rest will come through funding
@AltyDaz

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2013, 11:03:20 PM »

I see talk sports dom mcguinness is involved ,great great news all round

RocketDan

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2013, 11:09:54 PM »

Have you read what it says on www.Altrinchamfc.co.uk the rest will come through funding

sorry I missed the first part of this quote the first time round....

"Altrincham FC recently established a non-profit trust and, as a result, the club can access funding from the Premier League and other organisations. The development is expected to cost up to £750,000, with the club looking to raise around £200,000 from a series of fund-raising activities and sponsorship support from local businesses."

Very nice of the Premier League to hand out half a million quid. Lets hope the town gets behind the project and helps raise the other £200k.

markecky

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2013, 11:14:15 PM »

My understanding is that the budget won't be affected at all and as its being run by the board of the trust company they are going after different people to our current sponsors (although some will do both I'm sure).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wonderful news