PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Immense tonight
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Immense tonight  (Read 13705 times)

decman7

Re: Immense tonight
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 12:29:33 AM »

The flare was fantastic, get over yourself

RocketDan

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 12:31:49 AM »

Awesome night, excellent attitude shown by the players, one good goal and one ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT goal. Fans were magnificent (despite the flare)

Referee was very poor IMHO. Not as some folk were suggesting biased or bent, just poor for both teams and more importantly for the game as a spectacle

Yes I agree the flare was a disgrace.

i'd like to see flare boy banned from moss lane for life.

disgusting.

bumble

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 12:42:30 AM »

Awesome night, excellent attitude shown by the players, one good goal and one ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT goal. Fans were magnificent (despite the flare)

Referee was very poor IMHO. Not as some folk were suggesting biased or bent, just poor for both teams and more importantly for the game as a spectacle

Wrong about the flare ATS.

Added superbly to the atmosphere - its not somethign we do week in week out.

The lads even younger than myself were in their element tonight as well, hopefully regardless of saturday and beyond their hooked.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 12:52:39 AM »

;D ::)
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

altyf

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 12:55:59 AM »

Anyone bemoaning the flare is a disgrace

bighairedmike

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2013, 01:00:04 AM »

Alls flare in love and war.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 01:05:01 AM »

Phil,

Have to concur with you about the referee.
A consistently incompetent performance from him.

Whilst I appreciate that you approach the flare issue with your former Chief Steward's hat on, I have to admit that, purely from an aesthetic angle, it did look rather impressive when viewed from the back of the Main Stand!

Havern was man of the match for me.

They looked a bit shell-shocked at the end.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 01:09:45 AM »

To be fair, as referees go I thought he was ok. The problem was that they were simply more physical than us.
Also as someone who was stood next to the flare, I think it was a novelty as a one off and looks great on the photos. Thre was no safety issue whatsoever.

ForeverAlty

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 07:38:56 AM »

If your moaning about the flare you need to get over yourself TBH...

It added immensely to the atmosphere! The players loved it (on twitter)! Shows the floaters/people who think supporting Alty is pointless that supporting Alty is fun! Also we never use flares, EVER, so today's made the day more unique and special!

Flares every game would be pretty sh*t though, big games like this? Perfect!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 08:22:01 AM »

I didnt notice a lifeboat outside the ground after the game so maybe we need more flares  ;) :D

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2013, 08:52:27 AM »

See the Fun Police have arrived  ::)

Despite that, what an amazing night. NOTHING beats a last minute winner.

Well done to all. Bring on Saturday :D

Jenga

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2013, 08:57:59 AM »

I may be wrong on this issue, but the celebration for the equalizer and the flare showed Brackley that we mean business. Their fans were shell shocked.

The second goal and again the celebrations seemed to take alot out of Brackley, emotionally this has to be brilliant for Saturday, we are on a crest of a wave whilst there will feel pretty low. The body language from their players at full time said it all.

The singing as we all walked out of the ground showed us all what supporting Alty is all about.

We need to carry the momentum through to Saturday and everyone needs to get as many people down to the ground as possible, cars, train, coach and if necessary bloody donkey.

Well done everyone.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2013, 09:24:26 AM »

I may be wrong on this issue, but the celebration for the equalizer and the flare showed Brackley that we mean business. Their fans were shell shocked.
The second goal and again the celebrations seemed to take alot out of Brackley, emotionally this has to be brilliant for Saturday, we are on a crest of a wave whilst there will feel pretty low. The body language from their players at full time said it all.
The singing as we all walked out of the ground showed us all what supporting Alty is all about.
We need to carry the momentum through to Saturday and everyone needs to get as many people down to the ground as possible, cars, train, coach and if necessary bloody donkey.
Well done everyone.

Donkey's for Hire - Trained to walk up the hard shoulder of the M6 & M40  20p per mile - Call Mark Joseph on Kendall  123456  ;) :D

andrewflynn

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2013, 09:40:33 AM »

I can assure any fan that wasn't particularly happy with the use of the flare last night that it is not going to become a regular thing.

We aren't forming a seperate Ultras division any time soon, and if we don't get promoted I can guarantee "flare boy" wont be stood at Vauxhall Motors arm aloft with till roll flying past him.

It was organised last night to add to the massive occassion of the game. As people have said, no one was remotely harmed and you can tell from the reaction on Twitter from both fans and players alike (notably Clee, Lacey and Lawrie) that it more than served its purpose.

I'd say there were 100+ younger lads there last night who will have loved that. Coupled with the manner in which we then went on to win, I think branding the whole thing as a disgrace is slightly pathetic considering the new fans it may have enticed, the atmosphere it triggered and the safe manner in which it was executed.

Jezza

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2013, 10:00:43 AM »

someone pick me up off the floor!!  ;D

I think the ref just didn't give our players any protection at all....every 50/50 between one of their gorilla's and our slender footballers went their way for some reason and I think this physicality and a few nerves stopped us from playing our normal game...ironically once we went a goal down we seemed to relax.....I think we have to give Brackley some credit and say they stopped us playing V of D?

That flare made the night special...perhaps because it was a one off.....well, we probably can't afford 100 flares to celebrate every goal that went in this season against the likes of droylsden and Hinckley  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Immense tonight