PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Duncan Watmore
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Duncan Watmore  (Read 4788 times)

bumble

Duncan Watmore
« on: February 14, 2013, 11:39:32 AM »

Darren Ferguson has confirmed his interest in Altrincham striker Duncan Watmore. "He's one we've been monitoring for a while" #theposh"

But according to BBC was at Histon as he wants to form.stronger links with them

ArmchairAlty

Re: Duncan Watmore
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 11:47:22 AM »

He won't be the last either, no surprises really but no reason to believe Duncan won't be with us for the forseeable.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 11:53:28 AM »

at the end of the day money talks  :-\

markecky

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 11:54:12 AM »

Said it before and i'll say it again, if there is a club who isn't interested in him then they should sack their scouts.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 11:57:10 AM »

Said it before and i'll say it again, if there is a club who isn't interested in him then they should sack their scouts.
definitely, and as nice as it is to think he's going to stay to study next year too etc what championship footballers earn isn't something most people can say no to.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 12:01:06 PM »

I shouldn't worry, Duncan will do what's right for him as and when the time comes. All we can do now is enjoy watching him whilst he's here, also don't forget he's under contract until the end of next season and who knows he may decide to extend that. He is only going to get better as he matures and I think Lee Sinnott is managing him perfectly and guiding his development.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 12:04:33 PM »

If he does go, we could command a reasonable transfer fee but more importantly a hefty sell-on clause which could sort the club out for years. It's win-win either way (unless he walks out when his contract expires), we would get compensation but is likely to be less than a transfer fee.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 12:07:34 PM »

Also he is very mature, you get model pro's that are no where near as level headed as him, a great example to any infant players.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 12:09:24 PM »

:'(

markecky

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 01:36:14 PM »

Also he is very mature, you get model pro's that are no where near as level headed as him, a great example to any infant players.

Plus he has a very sensible Dad behind him who know football and how it works inside out and who (as I understand it)  is giving great assistance to the club off the field in things like grant applications, community schemes etc.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 05:17:38 PM »

Prob take a bigger club to tempt duncan away considering his studies etc

Baldrick

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 05:16:12 PM »

The thing to do is try to get him to sign a very long extension to his contract. I think he will be a future premier league player.

markecky

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 05:19:03 PM »

The thing to do is try to get him to sign a very long extension to his contract. I think he will be a future premier league player.

The club have done very well to get him to sign until the end of the next season I reckon and it is a very good sign that he agreed to do it.  Many would have kept their options open for the end of this season.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 05:51:39 PM »

Not many top level footballers are all rounders, ie highly educationally qualified and at the top of their game, Coppell was one, there will be more, but the very basis of being a footballer tends to start young and hence studies can suffer. Duncan has the best of both worlds available to him, but if he was mine, and I bet his dad is the same, I would want him to get qualified for a life out of football first, it is too fragile and short a career.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 05:54:11 PM »

Not many top level footballers are all rounders, ie highly educationally qualified and at the top of their game, Coppell was one, there will be more, but the very basis of being a footballer tends to start young and hence studies can suffer. Duncan has the best of both worlds available to him, but if he was mine, and I bet his dad is the same, I would want him to get qualified for a life out of football first, it is too fragile and short a career.

Which bodes well for him staying with us until the end of his contract
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Duncan Watmore