PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Colwyn Bay Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: Colwyn Bay Match Thread  (Read 27067 times)

temp alty

Re: Colwyn Bay Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2013, 10:27:52 PM »

Hard work wasn't it

Leave it now..
forum debate not allowed unless you tow the party line?

Give it a rest mate, we all want the best for the football club.  Colwyn Bay were well drilled, we're still in a good position and you want to shoot from the hip.  Its boring.....

Jimmy

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2013, 10:43:05 PM »

Coleyn bay were well drilled that's the problem a bit of organisation and you get something of us were flat track bullies

temp alty

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2013, 10:48:54 PM »

Coleyn bay were well drilled that's the problem a bit of organisation and you get something of us were flat track bullies

Like we have some devine right to win every match, we are still in there fighting and yet again a decent crowd.

Jimmy

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2013, 10:52:16 PM »

My point is when a team is organised we don't win you seem to be just insulting my valid point

temp alty

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2013, 10:54:58 PM »

My point is when a team is organised we don't win you seem to be just insulting my valid point

Is this a whoosh moment fella  ;)

f**kIN COME ON ALTY FC YOU RED AND WHITE BASTARDS!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2013, 11:36:33 PM »

Hard work wasn't it

Leave it now..

Forum debate is healthy and you have as good a knowledge of the non league game as anyone I've encountered. However, and with the utmost respect, some of what you have posted on this forum over the last year or two in various guises (some of it before Sinnott even took charge of a game) tends to come across as very personal and, hateful, almost. It's not about towing a line, more about giving credit where it's due and being balanced about your views. Respect to you as a person and you're a great supporter of the club, but I'm just saying it as I see it. And, before anyone says it, I'm not making any direct comment on the team and/or performances because I've seen two games all season, because I know I'm not in a position to do so. However, if we do fail to make the playoffs this season it is my opinon that we should be looking to appoint a new manager for next season. At the end of the day we all want this club to be successful and let's hope that happens sooner rather than later.

Alty til I die! Good night.   :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 02:08:31 AM by Paul Cain's Chip Pan »
Come on Alty!

Beaver

« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2013, 04:30:41 AM »

Bloody hell. This thread just about sums up a poor month.

I think Sinnott is powerless to react when we hit bad form, hence it lasts for 5 or 6 games. Signing a striker and letting Craney pass us by (or any creative midfielder) was a bit odd. He seems to be good at maintaining momentum and rubbish at turning anything round quickly. I've had enough of the swingometer, we've got a top 3 1st choice 11 on our day, now we need someone to steer.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2013, 07:31:26 AM »

8th.  Apart from a few, and i mean a few games and an excellnet cup run we have not looked anywhere near as good as Guisley, Chester, Halifax (and brackley at the start).  We are a good midtable team, 8th
Bernard Taylors barmy army

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2013, 09:08:11 AM »

a lot of people on this forum were saying we needed a midfielder and so we sign a striker on loan,maybe lee knows something the fans cannor see? i wonder
Harold

Jimmy

« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2013, 09:36:47 AM »

What I would say is we did need a striker because apart from reeves and Watmore the rest are not good enough and yes we need midfield also and start playing leather better than havern and a leauge apart from hall

Robin Reliant

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2013, 10:06:01 AM »

Extremely disappointed today, especially seeing Halifax only drew. But season ended? Not a chance. It's 2 from 4 (Gainsborough, Halifax, us and Harrogate). Although Halifax and Harrogate have those games in hand, it's no guarantee of points. However, those games against Halifax if we are still in with a chance are HUGE.

Only positive I can put on today was we didn't lose, and hopefully we can start an 8/9 game unbeaten run, where we win most of them.

Don't discount BPA, coming with a late run...and we've to play them as well.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2013, 10:20:00 AM »

I'm a bit surprised at the credit being given to their number 2. Duncan Watmore ran him ragged in the first half and maybe should have been left on the left to keep on doing so if putting him centre wasn't an option.

JDN

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2013, 10:32:19 AM »

Hard work wasn't it

Leave it now..

Forum debate is healthy and you have as good a knowledge of the non league game as anyone I've encountered. However, and with the utmost respect, some of what you have posted on this forum over the last year or two in various guises (some of it before Sinnott even took charge of a game) tends to come across as very personal and, hateful, almost. It's not about towing a line, more about giving credit where it's due and being balanced about your views. Respect to you as a person and you're a great supporter of the club, but I'm just saying it as I see it. And, before anyone says it, I'm not making any direct comment on the team and/or performances because I've seen two games all season, because I know I'm not in a position to do so. However, if we do fail to make the playoffs this season it is my opinon that we should be looking to appoint a new manager for next season. At the end of the day we all want this club to be successful and let's hope that happens sooner rather than later.

Alty til I die! Good night.   :)

To be fair I think you would understand where I and many others are coming from if you attended more games

Patience has finally run out, 5 min in the bar or a walk around the ground will tell you that (whatever this forum says)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2013, 10:44:24 AM »

To be fair I think you would understand where I and many others are coming from if you attended more games

Believe me, I would if I could.    :)

In any case, I do basically know where you're coming from, there's just no need to be quite so personal about it sometimes, that's all I was saying.

Come on Alty!

Get back in yer box!

« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2013, 11:04:58 AM »

Mark Ecky,
Jamie might have come across a bit strong but he has 2 good points:
1) You do come across a bit happy clappy at times, defending the club at the first excuse, probably not this time but you can do.  (I might have only posted a few times but I've read this forum for years.)  I know you are one of the clubs biggest supporters but we don't all have to be positive about Alty all the time like you try to be.
2) More importantly, I too don't pay £15 to watch that garbage, there are a lot of unhappy punters out there at the moment.  Lee has to shoulder the blame for naive tactics and poor team selection.  When he is good, he can win matches from the bench, when he is bad, like yesterday, he is pityful.  We need a consistent manager, not a messiah or a naughty boy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Colwyn Bay Match Thread