News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 BBC reports of the last 2 days

Author Topic: BBC reports of the last 2 days  (Read 1897 times)

Dougals Dad

« on: September 14, 2010, 03:56:39 PM »

1) Altrincham chairman Geoff Goodwin resigns from post 

Altrincham have confirmed Geoff Goodwin has stepped down from his role as chairman and board member.
Goodwin was appointed in July 2002 and is credited with bringing financial stability to the club.
A club statement said: "We would like to offer our thanks for everything that Geoff has done for this club over the last eight years of his leadership.
"Geoff has agreed to continue his sponsorship of the club until at least the end of the current season."
The club announced that Grahame Rowley will act as chairman until the next board meeting.

2) Altrincham manager Graham Heathcote leaves club 

Altrincham have announced that manager Graham Heathcote's contract has been terminated by mutual consent.
Heathcote was appointed manager in October 2002 after a long period as a player and had also had spells as assistant-coach and club secretary.
A club statement said: "The club would like to thank Graham for his eight years as manager and wish him every success with his future."
Kenneth McKenna has taken temporary charge of first team affairs.
Altrincham have claimed just one point from their first eight games and sit bottom of the Blue Square Bet Premier, seven points from safety.
The club have also announced that following Geoff Goodwin's resignation from the club Grahame Rowley has been appointed as the new chairman.

jamestimperleyrobin

Re: BBC reports of the last 2 days
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 05:17:43 PM »

I think there was one about Colin returning too!

Dougals Dad

Re: BBC reports of the last 2 days
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 05:40:30 PM »

Altrincham re-sign striker Colin Little 

Little has played 278 games for the Robins scoring 114 goals
Altrincham have completed the signing of former striker Colin Little on a pay-as-you-play deal.
The 37-year-old began his career at the club as a junior and was top scorer in five seasons at Moss Lane.
The striker left the Robins in the summer to take up a coaching role at Manchester United whilst playing part-time for FC United of Manchester.
Little will continue his coaching duties and will only be available for Altrincham's home fixtures.
On the deal Little told the club website: "My working life at United can make playing difficult but this new arrangement with Altrincham means that I can do both.
"Alty respect my position so it's a win-win situation for me. It will be great to go back to a club that's so close to my heart".

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team