+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Phil

Author Topic: Phil  (Read 2115 times)

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Phil
« on: August 27, 2019, 04:56:30 PM »

A post-match interview with Phil Parkinson at Boston on Monday is on the club's website now.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Phil
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 05:23:32 PM »

PP couldn't have said more than that.

Keep the faith.

I appreciate we were down to 10 men for a long time on Sat but from all the games I have seen us play I don't think we are looking fit or match sharp.

I mentioned being sluggish a couple of games back, teams are finding it easier to press us and we are moving and passing it far too slow. We have become predictable.

Without burning them out this week because they probably do need the recovery due to playing with 10 and the heat of both games, but I think we need to get fitter and faster in play. The tempo has gone.

Our game is about getting our full backs forward to get players in the middle, we aren't doing that. Only JJ has showed any sort of intensity and drive and that was second half against Darlington. We look unfit.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Phil
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 05:54:27 PM »

Interesting that he says that there’s isnt a quick fix and the fact he thought it could get worse before it gets better. I’m not sure what to make of that. We haven’t made wholesale changes to a squad that reached the playoffs and at times played some superb football. What is he therefore referring to ? A change in playing style ?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Phil