PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Worst than our relegation season
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Worst than our relegation season  (Read 12851 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Worst than our relegation season
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2019, 01:39:58 PM »

Infantile amnesia aside, it was as bad an individual performance as I have ever seen from any Altrincham side in my 25 years of supporting us and the worst thing is I found myself travelling home not being able to put my finger on the cause of it. We were just absolutely miles off it in every department of the game. Truly gobsmacked at full time.

This side has given us so much enjoyment over the past two seasons, I can only really remember two games where I've walked out of a ground so pissed off: Matlock 17/18 (0-1) and Leamington 18/19 (0-3.) This trumps those by some distance, but in a time of such dismay it is worth mentioning that we responded with a win on both of those occasions.

It's now time for PP & NS to sort this out and get us playing like we know we can. I just hope there's too much quality in our squad for it not to click, but it needs to and soon.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 02:13:08 PM by Andrew Flynn »

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2019, 01:54:02 PM »

Infantile amnesia aside, it was as bad an individual performance as I have ever seen from any Altrincham side in my 25 years of supporting us and the worst thing is I found myself travelling home not being able to put my finger on the cause of it. We were just absolutely miles off it in every department of the game. Truly gobsmacked at full time.

This side has given us so much enjoyment over the past two seasons, I can only really remember two games where I've walked out of a ground so pissed off: Matlock 17/18 (0-1) and Leamington 18/19 (0-3.) This trumps those by some distance, but in a time of such dismay it is worth mentioning that we responded with a win on both of those occasions.

It's now time for PP & NS to sort this out and get us playing like we know we can. I just hope there's too much quality in our squad for it not to click, but it needs to and soon.
a good post
Come on you red and white........

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2019, 02:50:08 PM »

Excellent post.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2019, 02:55:45 PM »

Whilst obviously it was the same for both sides, playing in the 85F degree heat after Saturday's travails looked to be too much for some of the players. For me, what was as worrying as the apparent disintegration of the game plan was a sense of a team feeling sorry for themselves. Perhaps that's being unfair and I hope I'm wrong. Some of yesterday's game was as bad as anything we witnessed in the relegation year, but to start comparing the management to Neil Young is ludicrous.    

andrewflynn

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2019, 03:03:20 PM »

Whilst obviously it was the same for both sides, playing in the 85F degree heat after Saturday's travails looked to be too much for some of the players. For me, what was as worrying as the apparent disintegration of the game plan was a sense of a team feeling sorry for themselves. Perhaps that's being unfair and I hope I'm wrong. Some of yesterday's game was as bad as anything we witnessed in the relegation year, but to start comparing the management to Neil Young is ludicrous.    

Yep. Absolutely absurd.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2019, 03:21:41 PM »

Yep. Absolutely absurd.

I agree with all of the above, and I certainly have faith in the ability of our management team to turn things around. However some tough decisions need to be taken.

The most important of these is the future of Conor Branson. I haven't missed a game this term, and saw most of pre-season. He simply doesn't give us anything. He's not as good in the air as a guy his size should be, hasn't got sufficient pace, can't produce a telling pass, and is often the point at which moves break down. Harsh perhaps, but we need to cut our losses and get rid.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2019, 03:43:13 PM »

Would you get rid in the current circumstances? Where did he come from? I can't remember.

Whilst Young's name has popped up I don't think anyone is arguing that Parky is in the same league

roytonmike

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2019, 03:44:51 PM »

Would you get rid in the current circumstances? Where did he come from? I can't remember.
Whilst Young's name has popped up I don't think anyone is arguing that Parky is in the same league
Bradford Park Avenue.
Not having been there yesterday I can't comment on the game or performance but would agree that any comparison between the current management & the mess that was Neil Young is utterly beyond the pale.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 03:47:03 PM by roytonmike »

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2019, 04:06:31 PM »

I thought that Connor would be a really good signing but so far I have to say he has been totally underwhelming. Im not sure he fits into the style of play we have had under Parky in the last two seasons. I remember Bernard Morley saying after the Chester game that we are playing a different way now, and the what he witnessed wasn't typical of an Alty side in the last two seasons. Like Andrew commented above, its really difficult to put your finger on what is going wrong, but it certainly isnt clicking.

Thomas H

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2019, 04:27:57 PM »

The reason Young’s name has popped up is we just got hammered 5 0 and the forum is already getting rid of Harrop and Branson, and we already have a loaner in. Didn’t Young win the glue league and conference div 2 at Chester and spent the rest of his life chasing players.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2019, 04:59:06 PM »

No one should be comparing PP to Young. That is ridiculous.

We haven't had Moult all season, who when fit protects the back four.

I know I pipe on about Hancock but that guy makes us tick. He gets us forward and supports Hulme so well. Plus he gets his fair share of goals. Anyone know what is up with him?

I said it  before the start of the season but we are missing that something extra in centre mid. Branson has been poor. I rate Williams and Richman but we need that extra pace and quality in there.

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2019, 09:07:32 PM »

Young cow strain. SBL

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2019, 09:27:19 PM »

The reason Young’s name has popped up is we just got hammered 5 0 and the forum is already getting rid of Harrop and Branson, and we already have a loaner in. Didn’t Young win the glue league and conference div 2 at Chester and spent the rest of his life chasing players.
I think it's a disgrace that Young's name has been mentioned in the same post as Phil's . Disgusting really
Come on you red and white........

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2019, 10:13:29 PM »

Definitely a few WUM’s on here who have barely posted in months (or even years) now crawling out the woodwork. PP & NS until the start of this season have basically given us two years on a constant upwards curve, a bump in the road was inevitable at some point. We overachieved last season too which makes this look even worse.

One win in seven though for a side who were widely in the top 4-5 for the pre-season betting is very poor whichever way you look at it. I do have some sympathy with the luck point-deflected goals at Chester, missed pens at Brackley, Drench’s unfortunate injury-those little moments have largely gone against us & cost us points. Yesterday though has to be a line in the sand, it sounded like an absolute horror show & that kind of ‘performance’ brings back awful memories for us all. I trust this management & group of players to get us back on the right track as they’ve earned that trust over 2 excellent years but I think the coming week with 2 home games and Southport away we need to see some signs we are back on the right track.

VofD

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2019, 11:01:37 PM »

Definitely a few WUM’s on here who have barely posted in months (or even years) now crawling out the woodwork. PP & NS until the start of this season have basically given us two years on a constant upwards curve, a bump in the road was inevitable at some point. We overachieved last season too which makes this look even worse.

One win in seven though for a side who were widely in the top 4-5 for the pre-season betting is very poor whichever way you look at it. I do have some sympathy with the luck point-deflected goals at Chester, missed pens at Brackley, Drench’s unfortunate injury-those little moments have largely gone against us & cost us points. Yesterday though has to be a line in the sand, it sounded like an absolute horror show & that kind of ‘performance’ brings back awful memories for us all. I trust this management & group of players to get us back on the right track as they’ve earned that trust over 2 excellent years but I think the coming week with 2 home games and Southport away we need to see some signs we are back on the right track.

Define please.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Worst than our relegation season