News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Colin Little

Author Topic: Colin Little  (Read 3582 times)

Alex

Colin Little
« on: August 24, 2008, 11:20:29 PM »

the man  is pure class (and i fear the last of a dieing breed of footballer)

From the main site:

In NL Today, chairman Geoff Goodwin responds to queries about Colin Little. "Let me make the situation crystal clear. Colin Little is Altrincham Football Club... Clubs are wasting their time if they think they are going to lure him away from us. He will tell them straight, I know this for a fact. He won't even consider going... he's so committed to this club that I went to Colin not so long ago and told him there was a chance we couldn't afford him for the next season. Do you know what he did? He laughed and just said, 'Of course, you can afford me. Just give me whatever you can; I don't mind'. This man is not money-motivated, pure and simple. He is staying here... he will be the league's top scorer this season, mark my words... when you have the quality of the players we've added like Lee Elam... I don't consider us a dead cert for the drop, whatsoever."
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 11:22:10 PM by The Duke »

Cpd_Wrecsam

Re: Colin Little
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 11:27:39 PM »

From the main site:

In NL Today, chairman Geoff Goodwin responds to queries about Colin Little. "Let me make the situation crystal clear. Colin Little is Altrincham Football Club... Clubs are wasting their time if they think they are going to lure him away from us. He will tell them straight, I know this for a fact. He won't even consider going... he's so committed to this club that I went to Colin not so long ago and told him there was a chance we couldn't afford him for the next season. Do you know what he did? He laughed and just said, 'Of course, you can afford me. Just give me whatever you can; I don't mind'. This man is not money-motivated, pure and simple. He is staying here... he will be the league's top scorer this season, mark my words... when you have the quality of the players we've added like Lee Elam... I don't consider us a dead cert for the drop, whatsoever."

What a legend he is. Sounds a top man.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 11:49:41 PM »

From the main site:

What a legend he is. Sounds a top man.

He'll be a bigger one tomorrow after bagging a brace  ;D

Typical example of a footballer you would want at your club !!

Longman

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 10:11:25 AM »

Colin is a true legend.

Bit brazen of Geoff to say he will finish the leagues top scorer mark my words though!

Longman

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 10:12:38 AM »

Colin is a true legend.

Bit brazen of Geoff to say he will finish the leagues top scorer mark my words though!

Then again i've just realised it was a quote from the NL Paper, which means he probably didn't even say that!

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 12:02:06 PM »

I thought the 'cote was Altrincham FC?

I'm baffled but very encouraged by Colin's words...if he ever said them to geoff...and if geoff ever told the NLP.

thegazelle

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 02:25:00 PM »

vote of confidence and he is def staying from the chairman,

he'll be playing for Northwich next week

its a joke based on usual newspaper tactics if you got all worried dont panic i didnt mean it
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Colin Little