PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 fixture list in full 2008/09
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: fixture list in full 2008/09  (Read 5971 times)

ChrisVessey CUFC

Re: fixture list in full 2008/09
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 05:15:03 PM »

Who is to say that Cambridge won't be involved in a relegation dogfight? ;) ;)

Nah, i've already decided how our season's going to pan out. We might be struggling for the first few months, but after sacking Brabin in November and appointing some experienced old head we'll finish a steady 12th. The 'Cambridge will be next' doom-mongers will have to find someone else to target, as our bumper 5th round FA Cup run ending at Anfield will put paid to any financial worries whatsoever.

;D

joe

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2008, 05:23:36 PM »

You must be special (needs) Joe, you've done it twice!

You are such a boring cock!!

VofD

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2008, 05:25:16 PM »

Who is to say that Cambridge won't be involved in a relegation dogfight? ;) ;)

Nah, i've already decided how our season's going to pan out. We might be struggling for the first few months, but after sacking Brabin in November and appointing some experienced old head we'll finish a steady 12th. The 'Cambridge will be next' doom-mongers will have to find someone else to target, as our bumper 5th round FA Cup run ending at Anfield will put paid to any financial worries whatsoever.

;D
So, you admit you have financial worries. ;D ;D

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2008, 05:37:08 PM »

So, you admit you have financial worries. ;D ;D

You don't miss a trick you Alty lot, do you?! I forgot to add the word 'alleged'  8)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2008, 06:55:22 PM »

Oh goodie, we get to relegate you at the end of the season. I want to see tears from the 90 travelling fans.

Even if that is the case Chris, I wouldn't bet against seeing us down at your place for a BSP game the following season ::)

Groundhog Alty 8)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2008, 11:15:12 PM »

Oh goodie, we get to relegate you at the end of the season. I want to see tears from the 90 travelling fans.

To be fair Chris, there's about 400 of us who haven't stopped crying tears of laughter from the day you brought the worst 'professional' team in football history to Moss Lane so I'd not worry about it.  Seriously, I can't think abut Cambridge v Alty without smirking at that disgrace.

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2008, 11:36:18 PM »

You were almost as embarrassing last season when we beat you 3-0 at your place. That banished the 5-0 memory nice and easy!

markecky

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2008, 08:32:52 AM »

You've become a bit embarassing now to be honest Chris.  Last year you had the team to back up your bravado.  This year you have Gary Brabin.

I'd knock it on the head now and stick to pouring out your emotions on Facebook. 

The people on their have chosen to read your bollocks..I read it to make me realise that there is always someone worse off than me.  Its a  great comfort.  Thanks.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 08:48:51 AM by markecky »

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2008, 03:56:43 PM »

You've become a bit embarassing now to be honest Chris.  Last year you had the team to back up your bravado.  This year you have Gary Brabin.

I'd knock it on the head now and stick to pouring out your emotions on Facebook. 

The people on their have chosen to read your bollocks..I read it to make me realise that there is always someone worse off than me.  Its a  great comfort.  Thanks.

Ha! There's always the 'delete friend' option, chum! But glad to be of service either way  :-*

Btw, let's just see how Brabs does first, eh? As you know, should he do well, i'll be very quick to shout it from the rooftops, yet if he doesn't, at least we'll still be above you... as always.

And i've always been this much of a cock before we had a good team  ;D

Jacobs

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2008, 04:53:32 PM »

Yeah Chris since you have been watching football (say early 90's) Cambridge city united have really prospered see below

The early 1990s was the U's most successful period. Managed by John Beck the club won the first ever play-off final at Wembley Stadium, gaining promotion from the Fourth Division before reaching two successive FA Cup quarterfinals in 1990 and 1991 and winning the Third Division in 1991. United reached the play-offs in 1992, after finishing 5th in Division Two, but failed in their bid to become founder members of the Premier League.[3] This was the club's highest final league placing to date. The following season the club sacked John Beck and were relegated from the new First Division. Further relegation followed two seasons later. United returned to Division Two but were relegated in 2002. In 2005, after 35 years in the Football League, Cambridge United were relegated into the Football Conference. This brought with it financial difficulties and the club filed for administration on 29 April.[4] On 22 July 2005 the club came out of administration with a deal being struck with HM Revenue and Customs at the eleventh hour after the intervention of then sports minister Richard Caborn.[5][6]Cambridge had sold their Abbey Stadium home earlier in the season for £1.9 million in order to keep the club afloat.[7]

[edit] Recent history
On the eve of the 2006–07 season, it was announced that former Norwich City striker Lee Power would be the club's new chairman taking over from Brian Attmore's caretaking reign. Johnny Hon was also to rejoin the board as vice-chairman after John Howard's resignation on conflict of interests grounds (owing to his ownership of Bideawhile 445 Ltd, United's landlords).[8] Jimmy Quinn was appointed manager soon after Power took charge and, after a difficult settling-in period which included a humiliating 5-0 loss to local rivals Histon (and ALTY), he guided Cambridge away from another possible relegation by achieving five wins from their last seven games of the season.[9] [3]

After signing several respected and experienced players at the non-league level in the following close season, including Danny Potter, Scott Rendell and Lee Boylan, Quinn led Cambridge to their longest ever unbeaten start to a season (2007–08), which stretched to twelve games.[10] [11] Off the field, United reported several major deals which seem to point towards increased financial security, including a new home sponsor in Haart, a renewed away shirt sponsorship deal with Kershaw (who become the club's longest serving sponsor) and a new sponsor for the Abbey Stadium's South Stand, Marston's Smooth, reported as one of the biggest deals in the club's commercial history.[12][13] Halfway through the season the chairman, Lee Power, resigned.[14] He was replaced by Philip Law.[15] United finished the season in 2nd place, qualifying for the play-offs. They beat Burton Albion in the semi-final, 4-3 on aggregate,[16] but lost 1-0 to Exeter City in the final, played at Wembley Stadium.[17]

Following the play-off defeat many players left the club, culminating in the departure of manager Jimmy Quinn,[18] apparently over issues concerning Quinn's relocation to Cambridge from his Cheshire home.[19] Quinn's successor is former Southport manager Gary Brabin, who appointed Paul Carden as player-assistant manager.[20]

You have done really well!!!!

sanddevil

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 05:08:36 PM »

Hi - good luck with the season. All the fixtures for 2008/9 are listed in www.calsync.co.uk You can download them into your electronic diary (Outlook or a PDA) so you never double-book yourself with the in-laws. The complete Altrincham fixture list, individual games, or all the Conference fixtures can be downloaded.

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2008, 05:12:45 PM »

Erm... thanks for the history lesson Jacobs... of which i'm unsurprisingly aware of.. but what's your point?

joe

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2008, 06:37:28 PM »

Erm... thanks for the history lesson Jacobs... of which i'm unsurprisingly aware of.. but what's your point?

Think his point is you're such a boring cock!!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 fixture list in full 2008/09