PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heathcote future still unsure
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Heathcote future still unsure  (Read 6387 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Heathcote future still unsure
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2008, 12:44:38 AM »

If the results had been the same as ours at a lot of other clubs, he would have been hounded out by now.  I think a good proportion of our fans have been largely quite supportive in the circumstances, and appreciate the limitations that the manager has faced. 

All managers get stick from Wenger and Fergie downwards.  GH is no different and he should realise that. 

After losing ten out of 13 league matches at Moss Lane to date this season, what does he seriously expect - to be carried triumphantly along George Street on the shoulders of adoring disciples?

Alty's supporters have exhibited remarkable tolerance during a largely miserable first half of the season.

Nobody is demanding that he should lead Alty to the play-offs.

All we ask is to finish in 20th place and then GH will receive due acclaim.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 12:46:30 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

James Black

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2008, 01:08:27 AM »

to many people who come to watch us just on a one off are the ones that don't understand the situation the clubs in. they cum and watch us think we played crap but don't understand that the players and graham did the best they could stevenage then northwich proved that

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2008, 08:25:05 AM »

If the results had been the same as ours at a lot of other clubs, he would have been hounded out by now.  I think a good proportion of our fans have been largely quite supportive in the circumstances, and appreciate the limitations that the manager has faced. 

All managers get stick from Wenger and Fergie downwards.  GH is no different and he should realise that. 

SPOT ON.

As much as no manager is beyong criticism, some of that has been somewhat overly harsh considering what GH has to work with - (up to this week) a small squad & ill prepared and I think there is some justification in people being reminded of what he has done for Alty.

As recently as the home Vics game there were strange management decisionsm (i.e. the very strange midfield), but he has done a hell of a lot more good than bad.

I don't think anyone is disputing the contribution GH has made to the club, nor the limitations he works under.  There is no doubt that he cares deeply about Alty.  But the manager is always going to take the brunt of things when result are poor (just as they get praise when results are good), and GH is going to be no exception. 

I honestly think that the support GH has had on the terraces and in the boardroom in proportion to the results has been fair and patient, and perhaps GH loses track of that at times.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heathcote future still unsure